Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile phone bulk recycling/selling

Options
  • 13-10-2014 9:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

I'm looking for way to sell used bulk mobile phones,
    200 -500 at a time,

Also I'm looking to sell bulk used clothing

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

What actual advice are you looking for, this isnt buy and sell and you have changed your original post 3 times giving less and less information each time. If you are buying so many used phones surely you had a plan of action beforehand on how to sell them so what was it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

Adverts is an option but be prepared to swap with what the other seller has for sale, so basically its recycling unwanted items.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 philofarrelly

I'm not looking to sell them on here.
    I'm not buying the phones. I'm just exploring the possibility of accepting phones as part of my business from schools.
    In a similar way to jack and gill etc.
    In return for the phones, I supply the schools with free goods.
    I would need a reliable place to sell the phones, so selling them on adverts wouldn't be an option.

Is this ok moderator?
    The reason I changed the post is I didn't want to give too much information.
    I realise now I put in too little info.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭makeandcreate

try someone like this - but I'd guess you'd need to be in the 1000's not 100's ....
    http://shplimited.co.uk/

When in doubt google it! "What happens to mobile phones that are recycled" is a starting point.
    Edited to add - the 3 companies I checked all seem to donate to charity or pay registered charities for mobile phones - not private businesses but I may have got that wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 philofarrelly

That's great info, thanks a million, I'll contact them
    Straight away.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

Try DCI.co.uk Based in Boston, England. You may have some dealings with them if you run the usual school collection programs. It's been a few years since I've had any experience of this but if you can collect some basic enough smartphones it can be worthwhile. They will generally collect for free if the quantity is worthwhile. Most mobile phone refurbishers run their own collection programs and collect more basic non smartphones than they'll ever need. Hence their lack of value to them.

You can place non working/less valuable joblots on EBay. Often see them fetching a couple of Euro each.

As I said, I haven't done this for a few years so take all of that with a pinch of salt.

Advertisement