Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cattery in Cork

Options
  • 13-10-2014 10:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,052 ✭✭✭✭

Hey all,

We have a cat, we're getting married in December and we need somewhere for the cat to stay for a few nights, can anyone recommend a safe & reputable cattery, preferably somewhere close to the city. Ideally this would be somewhere that knows how to deal with "excitable" cats, as our fella can go a little mental. :pac:

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, the future Mrs. Dulpit is stressing big time.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

There is one in Togher. If you ring Abbeyville vets they will give you the number. Used them years ago and all seemed to be good with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭Dixie Chick

There is a posh one in coachford!! Any chance someone could just come feed him fro you though...its so much easier

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭bluecherry74

I use Wags and Tails and it's lovely: http://wagsandtails.ie/cattery.php
    It's about 10 minutes from Douglas. Each cat has it's own private outdoor run and the owner (he's actually a friend) has it decked out with climbing logs, feathers etc. He's had all types of breeds and personalities at this stage so is well used to excitable cats.

Another good option is the Animal Care Hospital in Douglas: http://www.animalcarehospital.ie/
    The cats don't have as much space as they do at Wags & Tails, and I don't think they have access to an outdoor run, but the staff there are fabulous and there's the added bonus of having vets and nurses on hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,033 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

http://m.zooplus.ie/shop/cats/cat_bowls_feeders/feeders/405765
    We use one of these to dispense dry food and we get someone to call in every couple of days for love and wet food.
    Having said that, we have two cats so they are company for each other.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,052 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

There is a posh one in coachford!! Any chance someone could just come feed him fro you though...its so much easier

It's our wedding though, so all the family/friends who we could use will be away also.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

dulpit wrote: »
    It's our wedding though, so all the family/friends who we could use will be away also.
    Use the cats welfare as a way of backing out of the wedding. Its for the best in the long run.....
    Try ringing your vet and ask which ones they reccommend?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

haha im sure the hubby to me would understand.. With the mention of going away sorry I know it seems odd but honestly if you were close and wanted someone to pop in and just have a look I would be willing.. Have out own and know tis awkward heading away with them.. Jes Id hate to imagine with kids I don't know who would feed them

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Enigmatist

Truffle Lodge is one to avoid. We’d been very impressed when we first visited (by arrangement). We weren’t too concerned that she wasn’t yet registered with the IKBCA, as we assumed she’d be accepted if she applied. When we dropped the cats off, some grass fell from my husband’s shoe and Imelda insisted on cleaning it up straight away. We took this as a sign that she was obsessive about cleaning (a good thing) and so had no hesitation about leaving our two cats for three weeks. We were sent videos while away and all seemed well. Distressingly, our experience was very different when we picked them up. The litter tray was overflowing. It stank of pee, and the poo hadn’t been removed for at least a couple of days. The blankets were stained with pee (a clear indication they were unable to use their tray, which was right next to the food bowls and not in the outer area, where it should have been). One of our cats was injured. He had a large cut on his right shoulder, and this took weeks to heal (involving several visits to the vet and daily medication). Imelda showed no concern about this and has not responded to requests to check the pen for sharp items that could have cut him. We’d failed to call to let her know exactly when we’d arrive on the day we’d arranged to collect them. Had we done so, she’d have had time to clean the pen and we’d have been unaware of the true conditions. This has all been very upsetting for us and, of course, for our beloved cats. Never again.

Advertisement