Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Editing not working within Chrome - Firefox Okay.

Options
  • 13-10-2014 10:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I seem to be running into an issue editing posts in Chrome (win 8.1). Whenever I hit edit I get a screen which looks like it would let me edit for a fraction of a second, then a full blank page in the browser. I#ve tried clearing the cache to not avail. Firefox works perfectly.

I saw a similar thread in the archive but it yielded no help, my apologies if this is something I should have spotted in a FAQ or sticky.

Many Thanks in advance,

Mark

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭solomafioso

Have you tried again with extensions disabled? Are you using an ad or pop up blocker?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

Have you tried again with extensions disabled? Are you using an ad or pop up blocker?

Neither seem to be the issue - thanks for the pointer though!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I presume this is the thread you were referring to earlier:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057287893

Have you done the empty cache thing yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Shrap

Hi all, got the same problem with "blank page" when looking to edit something, and I also can't post links yet either although am way over 50 posts. I emptied the cache and the editor mode looks normal to me. Also have no formatting options for my posts (bold/italics, etc.). Any thoughts?

Mind you, Chrome has been weirding out on me for days now, but this has been happening since I joined boards again so I don't think it's that.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Shrap wrote: »
    Hi all, got the same problem with "blank page" when looking to edit something, and I also can't post links yet either although am way over 50 posts. I emptied the cache and the editor mode looks normal to me. Also have no formatting options for my posts (bold/italics, etc.). Any thoughts?

Mind you, Chrome has been weirding out on me for days now, but this has been happening since I joined boards again so I don't think it's that.

Your account wasn't 10 days old, so you were correctly blocked from links at the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Shrap

Thanks. Forgot about the 10 days old part. Also, all formatting options working fine now.

Sorry for not coming back sooner - I didn't have auto-subscribe enabled for threads I posted in. It has now resolved itself. Someone suggested it was because I was a new user but oddly it was working in Firefox but not in chrome. Working now in Chrome.

I think it will simply remain a mystery of the universe!

Thanks for the help, sorry I didn't come back sooner!

Sorry for not coming back sooner - I didn't have auto-subscribe enabled for threads I posted in. It has now resolved itself. Someone suggested it was because I was a new user but oddly it was working in Firefox but not in chrome. Working now in Chrome.

I think it will simply remain a mystery of the universe!

Thanks for the help, sorry I didn't come back sooner!

That's a curious suggestion, the other user was also within their new user restricted link period time thingy phase.

Moved to site dev.

This is the second example of a new user inside the no links allowed phase who was presented with a blank editing screen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

I'm testing this out myself at the moment, it seems likely that something's not right when a "new" member is trying to edit. I'll keep you posted.

• Advertisement

More than happy to be of any assistance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭frostypants

I'm also having exactly the same issue. Can't edit any posts in Chrome or IE. Firefox is ok though.

I'm also having exactly the same issue. Can't edit any posts in Chrome or IE. Firefox is ok though.

It'll probably fix itself after a few more posts. I don't want to speak for the mods/admins but it might be wise posting here again if it does so they have double confirmation of the same issue I had.

More examples would definitely be welcome.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement