Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

iPhone 5s Home button Broke ?

• 14-10-2014 12:07am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭

Hi lads , home button on the phone not working at all , can it be replaced ??

Have Assistive Touch enabled at the moment untill i can sort something out :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 156 ✭✭Armonline

pudzey101 wrote: »
    Hi lads , home button on the phone not working at all , can it be replaced ??

Have Assistive Touch enabled at the moment untill i can sort something out :)

You may be still under warranty, contact Apple and they may fix it for free. Go to apple.ie support.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

private sale unfortunately :( just wondering can the home button actually be repaired on these devices ?

private sale unfortunately :( just wondering can the home button actually be repaired on these devices ?

Doesn't matter, manufacturers warranty would still apply, contact Apple, worst that can happen is that they will quote you for the repair

ok cool , what do i need to contact the seriel , IMIE ? and lastly how long is waranty i have the phone about 13 months ?

Go to here and follow the steps

https://getsupport.apple.com/Issues.action

Warranty with the store it was bought is 2 years, though Apple direct will support for 1 year. If it is just out of warranty they may give you a good deal. I had a power button problem with a 12 month old iPhone5 and Apple gave me a new phone for free.

• Advertisement

aww cool its still under warranty untill december !!! just on live chat now see how things go , whats the process here ? i bought the phone off a 3rd party though

aww cool its still under warranty untill december !!! just on live chat now see how things go , whats the process here ? i bought the phone off a 3rd party though

See what they say, can't imagine it being a problem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 825 ✭✭✭dave oc

Once the phone has no other damage that would void the warranty (water damage, cracks, etc) they'll replace the entire phone. They'll give 3 options:

- Standard mail: they send a box out for the phone, you send the phone in the box and when they receive it they test the phone. Once all is ok, they'll send a new phone out to you.

- advance replacement service: pay €29 to get a new phone expressed shipped to you first. You receive the new phone and put the old phone in the box (from the new one) and send it back to Apple. You'll need to provide credit card details and a hold for the value of the phone until they receive your old phone and to make sure there is no other damage to it.

- go to the Apple Store in Belfast: not suitable for everyone but it can be quicker and easier if you live near it. I've had phones swapped out there before, in and out in less than 20 mins.

hi lads just rang up apple ireland yeah there sending me a box , find it abit strange i had to turn off "find my iphone" i asked why she said your not allowed to know where the repair centre is lol wont it not be on the address to send the box to lol !!!

hi lads just rang up apple ireland yeah there sending me a box , find it abit strange i had to turn off "find my iphone" i asked why she said your not allowed to know where the repair centre is lol wont it not be on the address to send the box to lol !!!

It's so they can run diagnostics on it. They will reset the phone and would need your Apple ID password as the activation lock feature is on the phone. Don't worry it's standard procedure when sending an iPhone on iOS 7 or later for repair anywhere.

• Advertisement

so should i include all passwords etc on the phone when i get the box ? or would it be better to back up to itunes/icloud and restore the phone myself ?

No don't include passwords. It would be better to backup and reset the phone before you send it. At least then you know that you data is safe and won't be accessed by anyone during the process. I'd recommend backing up to iCloud, it's much easier to restore from and is a more thorough back up.

Don't be surprised if they take one look at your phone, verify the problem, through it in a pile to be fixed and then send you out a brand new phone instead. Apple are usually great like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Armonline wrote: »
    Don't be surprised if they take one look at your phone, verify the problem, through it in a pile to be fixed and then send you out a brand new phone instead. Apple are usually great like that.

A refurb one I'd say.

dave oc wrote: »
    No don't include passwords. It would be better to backup and reset the phone before you send it. At least then you know that you data is safe and won't be accessed by anyone during the process. I'd recommend backing up to iCloud, it's much easier to restore from and is a more thorough back up.

cheers mate il do both icloud and itunes to be safe !! :)
    blade1 wrote: »
    A refurb one I'd say.

it woudnt bother me as long as i have a phone back thats working lol !! yeah going to delete all data on phone after back up :) just restore to factory settings is it ?

There would be nothing at all wrong with a refurb!
    It would be as good as a new one!

Sounds good lads !! What's the story anyway just Pop my iPhone into the box and follow instructions ? How do I know when the new/refurb will be sent out :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

You will receive it the same day the following week.

Do u know what company delivers ? As I'm working 8-6 and nobody would be there to sign for it ?

What happens then do they leave it at the local post office etc ?

Ups I'd say

• Advertisement

Nice one blade ! Il give Apple a ring tomorrow and see can they sort ups to ring me when there :)

You should have got a repair ID when you set up the repair. This could have been emailed to your Apple ID email address or given over the phone.

Then go here:

https://selfsolve.apple.com/repairstatus

Put the repair ID there and it will show you exactly what is happening currently. It will show if the box has been shipped (tracking number for UPS will be displayed, go to UPS website to check it) and can also be used to see the status of when the new phone/repaired phone has been shipped.

It's probably the most important page to check during the repair process, and it's updated pretty quick with status details.

You should have got a repair ID when you set up the repair. This could have been emailed to your Apple ID email address or given over the phone.

Then go here:

https://selfsolve.apple.com/repairstatus

Put the repair ID there and it will show you exactly what is happening currently. It will show if the box has been shipped (tracking number for UPS will be displayed, go to UPS website to check it) and can also be used to see the status of when the new phone/repaired phone has been shipped.

It's probably the most important page to check during the repair process, and it's updated pretty quick with status details.

sweet man !! my empty box is in tamsworth UK !! so what happens normally if UPS call and im not home ?

They will try and deliver it the next working day. I think if the same happens the 2nd day you will need to arrange to pick it up.

What I normally do is if I miss the first delivery I ring the UPS centre and tell them I'll pick it up from them. Therefore I can choose a time that suits me.

They will try and deliver it the next working day. I think if the same happens the 2nd day you will need to arrange to pick it up.

What I normally do is if I miss the first delivery I ring the UPS centre and tell them I'll pick it up from them. Therefore I can choose a time that suits me.

nice one mate !! :) they leave an envelope saying you missed delivery in the letterbox yeah ? pity they dont ring to say there on the way like fastway, dpd etc :)

They leave a note to say they missed you. Yeah they don't phone on the day but site will say when the parcel is out for delivery.

• Site Banned Posts: 180 ✭✭Ibetit

Ups I'd say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭traprunner

Do u know what company delivers ? As I'm working 8-6 and nobody would be there to sign for it ?

What happens then do they leave it at the local post office etc ?

Apple dispatch the box using Royal Mail. You return it via UPS and they will collect it from you wherever you are. It gets sent to The Netherlands for repair. Mine is with them at the moment.

traprunner wrote: »
    Apple dispatch the box using Royal Mail. You return it via UPS and they will collect it from you wherever you are. It gets sent to The Netherlands for repair. Mine is with them at the moment.

wow :) was told it was belfast, uk and cork :) how long are u waiting traprunner so far ? just want it sent off now at the moment i cant handle my home button not working no longer lol !!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭traprunner

wow :) was told it was belfast, uk and cork :) how long are u waiting traprunner so far ? just want it sent off now at the moment i cant handle my home button not working no longer lol !!!

It took about 5 days for the box to arrive with me. It was picked up on Monday 13th at 11am by UPS. Received on Tuesday by Apple in The Netherlands. They started repairing it yesterday morning and in the last 15 minutes it has been marked as repaired. It is now awaiting dispatch back to me. So fingers crossed I have it back tomorrow.

Advertisement