Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

iPhone 5s Home button Broke ?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

aww nice one nice and quick :) what was up with yours ? i dont believe they repaired it anyway just through it in a pile and sent u a refurb lol :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭traprunner

pudzey101 wrote: »
    aww nice one nice and quick :) what was up with yours ? i dont believe they repaired it anyway just through it in a pile and sent u a refurb lol :)

Nothing wrong with it but it's serial number was within their sleep button recall program so I sent it back to prevent future problems. I hope I get a refurbished one. :D

traprunner wrote: »
    Nothing wrong with it but it's serial number was within their sleep button recall program so I sent it back to prevent future problems. I hope I get a refurbished one. :D

good thinking :cool:hope i do too , home button ***** , screen lifting up of base etc need a new one :)

so ups collect the box from u when its ready to go yeah ?

good thinking :cool:hope i do too , home button ***** , screen lifting up of base etc need a new one :)

so ups collect the box from u when its ready to go yeah ?

Yep. You can schedule collection for a time that suits you too. All the info will be included on a leaflet that comes with the box.

It arrived back with me an hour ago. They replaced my battery too. I don't know why because I got it replaced in an Apple store in July!

So 4 days from collection to being dropped back with me. Excellent for a 2 year old phone!

• Advertisement

nice one trap :) are u sure its your old phone :) i missed my UPS delivery of my "empty box" so have to wait until monday :(

Yep it is. There is a distinctive scratch on the back. Pity but sure it's about 20% brand new now..lol

there's a "distinctive" dint on the top of mine so i should know :) lol so ups should collect it back off me tuesday and have it back by friday :) great service :)

Recieved box today , just rang ups to order collection tomorrow :) the people in the call centre are a nightmare lol :) what happens next phone goes to Apple to acess it ?

one more thing , i got my phone unlocked to take a 48 sim , if they send me back a refurb will it be sim free?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

one more thing , i got my phone unlocked to take a 48 sim , if they send me back a refurb will it be sim free?

How did you get it unlocked? I'm not sure if they can tell if a network requested the unlock or an eBay seller etc.

Recieved box today , just rang ups to order collection tomorrow :) the people in the call centre are a nightmare lol :) what happens next phone goes to Apple to acess it ?

They will email you with a link that you can track the progress in the Apple repair centre.

I presume that depends on how it was unlocked. If it was jail broken then it'll probably go back to the factory settings. If it was unlocked by a network operator then I think it should stay unlocked. Don't hold me to it though.

was unlocked by a shop nearby me that specializes in them :) left a note inside the box saying anyway "this phone is unlocked can u repair or replace with another unlocked device ) :

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭kensutz

was unlocked by a shop nearby me that specializes in them :) left a note inside the box saying anyway "this phone is unlocked can u repair or replace with another unlocked device ) :

The note won't count for anything if you get a replacement.

ok so see it was delivered to HARBOROUGH this morning :) and left at " dock " but checked the apple repair status and its still at "empty box shipped " ?

ok so see it was delivered to HARBOROUGH this morning :) and left at " dock " but checked the apple repair status and its still at "empty box shipped " ?

They won't know about it being returned until they receive it.

they received it there this morning from what i can see :) was supose to be going to lutterworth or tamsworth but was delivered to harborough ?

scratch that its on step 2 diagnosing product :)

Don't know why it was still saying it was in the port. Strange. But at least you know they have it and are working on it now :)

apple wont repair due to "accidental Damage" where do i stand here guys need a reply :/

• Advertisement

all sorted :)fiance had a photo of my phone luckily on the day i sent it off , so apparently it was damaged in transit or in the apple center :)

This is what apple sent me today !! coudnt believe it was the same phone !!
    23ibc4j.jpg

this is what it was like getting sent off :)

npj4i0.jpg

2rdxhyw.jpg

So im at Step 2 now : "Repair update accepted, repair in progress" :)

Advertisement