Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seeking a refund, private sale

Options
  • 14-10-2014 2:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Around three months ago I sold a piece of equipment. I had it advertised online, he contacted me and we did a deal. I delivered it to him and he paid me the agreed price in cash. He has been in touch to say that it is faulty and says that he didn't use it until recently.
    When I sold it, the item was in perfect working order but he insists that it wasn't. If he had contacted me sooner I would have been happy to give him his money back. The fact that he has left it three months seems a bit strange to me, anything could have happend to it in that time. Has anyone else had a similar experience?
    Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

You sold it as seen being a private seller. Tell him where to go.
    If he wanted a guarantee he should have bought it new.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Guitarman1985

You sold it as seen being a private seller. Tell him where to go.
    If he wanted a guarantee he should have bought it new.

That's what I was thinking myself, I think he's probably damaged it himself and is now chancing his arm to see if I'll refund him!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

he has no rights here, sold as seen tough crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭former legend

That's what I was thinking myself, I think he's probably damaged it himself and is now chancing his arm to see if I'll refund him!

If he's claiming that it was broken when he bought it, tell him that if he buys a second-hand item from a stranger he found on the net and doesn't test it before handing over the cash, well then he's just learned an expensive lesson.

Advertisement