Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

App to manage amount of time allowed

• 14-10-2014 7:39am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭

Hi All

I saw an advert for the Kindle fire and they had an app (FreeTime) that limits the amount of time the kids can have on the device..

Does anyone know of something similar for iPad?

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,940 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 156 ✭✭Armonline

There was only a post on the same thing the other day (Link)

No suggestions though unfortunately.

It is one area iOS is really lacking compared to Android. There are a number of apps on Android to limit time or limit what kids have access to and there are also profiles available. I think something similar would be great on iOS.

iOS already has the restrictions section that can limit the apps/ options that are available, it also has the guided access section that can limit the control of what parts of an app can be accessed, but there does not seem to be a way to link the overall restrictions to a time period. You can switch them on or off

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

If you have an apple wireless router (Airport, Airport Express, Timecapsule) you can set time limits for specific devices. I know it's not quite as handy as being able to do this on the device but it does also give you the option to limit multiple devices (laptops etc).

Advertisement