Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Royal Blood, Olympia Theatre, March 9rth 2015

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Heading by my lonesome to the gig as my friends left it late to get tickets :rolleyes: Anyone know if mini mansions are any good?

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Heading by my lonesome to the gig as my friends left it late to get tickets :rolleyes: Anyone know if mini mansions are any good?

Worth a watch. Mikey Shoes from QotSA is in the band. Wouldn't be end of the world stuff should you miss them.

I'll be floating around anyway, no time to head home after work, so may as well give them a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭bc dub

Mince Pie wrote: »

toutless site confuses me.
    Can I arrange for someone to collect from Meath? Really don't want them to go to waste. Devo'd I can't go but no tax on car and just moved house. <cries>

Toutless is a fantastic resource.

Upload that you have two and state your location. I just checked and there are already several people looking to offload tickets based in Dublin so chances someone will drive to Meath are slim.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Gatame

I should have one or two spare tickets for tomorrow, I'll be still going myself so can meet there. If you might be interested PM me and I'll confirm later!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

bc dub wrote: »

Upload that you have two and state your location. I just checked and there are already several people looking to offload tickets based in Dublin so chances someone will drive to Meath are slim.

Thanks but luckily a friend came to see the new house tomorrow and also took the tickets from me. Disappointed I can't go but fortunately have seen them 3 times already. Will catch them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

bc dub wrote: »

Thanks but luckily a friend came to see the new house yesterday and also took the tickets from me. Disappointed I can't go but fortunately have seen them 3 times already. Will catch them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

Anyone know if mini mansions are any good?

I think they're great. Have a listen to 'Crime of the Season' or 'Monk' from their first album or 'Death is a Girl' or 'Sherlock Holmes' from their new stuff. They do a wonderfully bizarre cover of Blondie's 'Heart of Glass' too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Great show!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

Great show awful venue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

crazygeryy wrote: »
    Great show awful venue.

Sober up

Great show, really good performance from the lads. They'll have upgraded to the point in no time, so glad to see them in a smaller venue. Can't say I've any complaints about the Olympia on that note, thought the sound was bang on.

Mini Mansions were good too, bit of an odd sound, but very enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Great gig, great performance and a great, sound crowd that just seemed to be enjoying themselves. A less than usual amount of w!nkers to be seen but I'm sure theres a few bruised ribs today all the same :P

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Gatame

Hey guys, 4 of our group pulled out last minute so I have four spare tickets, if anybody is interested let me know :) Few people looking on toutless alright but said I'd ask here first incase anybody who missed them earlier wanted to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 zuluchio

Great show last night. My ears are still ringing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

What time did they hit the stage? More importantly (as my wife is willing to meet me outside if I know when I might be there), what time did the lights come up? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 mdiggity

I hope you sell your tickets, but just to let people know I just got standing tickets on ticketmaster so they must of put a few extra on sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

ionapaul wrote: »
    What time did they hit the stage? More importantly (as my wife is willing to meet me outside if I know when I might be there), what time did the lights come up? Thanks!

Stage at 9 and finish just after 10

• Registered Users Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

crazygeryy wrote: »
    Great show awful venue.

The Olympia is a bad venue? Am I missing something here :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

Irish_rat wrote: »

it's partially my fault that i didn't like it.we got there late just before they started.standing right at the back,that low ceiling is a pain in the ass and from back there the sound didn't seem to good to me.
    I just don't like the place anyway. The academy,vicar st,much better venues imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭noserider

Good but over rated, every song blends into the next

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Irish_rat wrote: »

It's not bad but I would struggle to think of any band which wouldn't be better playing in Vicar st. instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

It's not bad but I would struggle to think of any band which wouldn't be better playing in Vicar st. instead.
    If you can get in the pit, the Olmpia is a lot better. Very close up and lots of room in the pit

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭BangBeater

Really enjoyed the show last night! Great gig!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

Great gig, I really enjoyed Mini Mansions too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

If you can get in the pit, the Olmpia is a lot better. Very close up and lots of room in the pit

This.

When I go to the Olympia it's the pit or nothing. You'll enjoy the night X1000 times more.

Advertisement