Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

black kitten

Options
  • 14-10-2014 9:33am
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi , a small black kitten followed me from the Gaelscoil this morning ,I left her alone until we got to the road and realised she had no road sense .
    She is very affectionate
    Are any of you missing her ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Beer Assistant

And???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Moonbeam wrote: »
    Hi , a small black kitten followed me from the Gaelscoil this morning ,I left her alone until we got to the road and realised she had no road sense .
    She is very affectionate

Take her in or she probably won't last long. If you choose to not keep her then the best thing would be to first see if any of your friends would like her and if that's a no go then get in touch with the DSPCA or the Kildare one.

The reason I say try and find an owner yourself first if you can is the SPCAs are stretched fairly thin as it is and the adoption rates for black kittens are lower than other coats due to silly superstitious reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭ticklebelly7

Until recently it was considered the height of good luck to have a black cat cross your path. And I remember going to my aunt's wedding and bringing a cardboard black cat to give her for luck in her married life.

If we're going to have silly superstitions the least we can do is have our own benign one rather than the stupid American version which villifies innocent animals ... I speak as someone who has recently taken in a black kitten from the Cat Shelter and he's the love of all our lives!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I took her in so she does not get squished .

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭ticklebelly7

Good on Yah!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

Kittens! I'm hoping one "accidentally" follows me home, so I can "accidentally" adopt it, without having to raise the question at home!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I want to find the owners as they must be really missing their gorgeous kitten but my 5 year old wants visitation rights *sigh*

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭TonyStark

Moonbeam wrote: »
    She is very affectionate
    Are any of you missing her ?

Could you post a pic? Marshmallow the cat has been missing from Moyglare Hall for the past number of weeks. Might be Marshmallow??

It isn't I already spoke to her owner:)

Advertisement