Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best Android Box

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

kleefarr, there is a huge discussion on this on the android forum

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057066642

the recommendation seems to be the minix neo-x8-h (emphasis on the last H as its for hardware decoding APPARENTLY). now keep in mind i dont own one and also would like to see one of these in action, particularly if it does full dts as it claims.

it would be great if we had a user here with experience of them....anyone, anyone, bueller, anyone??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭kleefarr

eek... They're around the €200 mark.
    Wasn't thinking of spending that much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Luckycharm

HI, Currently I am playing movies using apps on my phone and casting them to my tv or by downloading them and playing them through my media drive- doesn't take that long as have good BB
    I play my sports through an app on my phone and then connecting by HDMI to play through my TV though it does eat the battery a bit.
    I was just wondering is it worth getting an Android box was looking at Minix Neo X8-H- but was wondering would it be much better then what I am currently doing or worth the expense. I would mainly be using it for TV/Movies and sports.
    Any advise would be great

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 216 ✭✭CinSoots

I have an M8 box that i bought on aliexpress for €70 odd and it streams movies and sport perfectly. I also use it as as a frontend for Plex.

I don't use XBMC at all but it works ok the few times I used it. It does crash a little, however if you use various apps instead then you don't need xbmc which to be honest is very clunky compared to some of the other apps available.

Just beware there are lots of clones out now so if you can, try and source an original box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭kleefarr

I have an original xbox lying around.
    It's a bit bulky in comparison to the gear out now though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭califano

The Nano Slim+ on Amazonuk(~€54.50) with The Hydra xbmc 13.2 linux pivos image(with checks unmarked) is just the ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Nigel041

I bought minix neo x5 smart TV box, it came fully installed with all the apps got a wireless Airmouse keyboard with it too using it now about 6 months.. Couldn't be with out it now best buy I made this year.. Got it off a crowd on facebook..

• Registered Users Posts: 23 padraig04

Please can anyone advise me on a resonable priced Android TV box that allows Android Play store and is very good for Sports ?

Advertisement