Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neighbours have efibre, I don't

Options
  • 14-10-2014 10:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi,

Does anybody have any idea as to how to get Eircom to answer my question.  My neighbours have efibre installed in their house but I can't get it.  When I check their website it states that efibre is available in the area but not in my house.

I have tried contacting eircom, have PM'd eircom support through boards.ie but can't get a straight answer.  Alternatively is there another supplier who can supply efibre with the exception of UPC because it isn't available either.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭eircom: Colm

Stevenson wrote: »
    Hi,

Does anybody have any idea as to how to get Eircom to answer my question. My neighbours have efibre installed in their house but I can't get it. When I check their website it states that efibre is available in the area but not in my house.

I have tried contacting eircom, have PM'd eircom support through boards.ie but can't get a straight answer. Alternatively is there another supplier who can supply efibre with the exception of UPC because it isn't available either.

Thanks in advance.
    Hi Stevenson,

I appreciate the desire to be able to get the faster speeds that efibre Broadband give. Unfortunately guaranteed dates for availability of efibre cannot be given for individual addresses. Once efibre becomes available, it will be available to all Telecom providers to provide it to you at the same time.

I would advise using the following Phone Number Checker to periodically check for availability as this is constantly updated as addresses are enabled.

Check Availability

thanks
    Colm

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Stevenson

I am not impressed by the response from Eircom. I have checked the availability of efibre over the last 18 months and even though my neighbour has had it for that long I still can't get it. I live in a semi detached house attached to the neighbour with efibre.

What excuse is there for me not to have it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭eircom: Colm

Stevenson wrote: »
    I am not impressed by the response from Eircom. I have checked the availability of efibre over the last 18 months and even though my neighbour has had it for that long I still can't get it. I live in a semi detached house attached to the neighbour with efibre.

What excuse is there for me not to have it?
    Hi Stevenson

Although I may not be able to provide any additional information here, if you wish please PM me the Phone number and I will see if I can ontain any further information for you.

thanks
    Colm

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Order  a new number, worked for me in similar circumstance

Advertisement