Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Odaiba retro arcade Tokyo pics

• 14-10-2014 10:34am

Few pics of this place!
    VY-0G6t15TdkAmMeBN-Tc-wCiLfKVoINeJ36u-wxfGg=w958-h719-no

Zay27UOj-FUPxmxQ_0V4FrjruTPayjjHR4xUXTZzrms=w958-h719-no

IMGP2978.JPG

IMGP2987.JPG

LqTmqEC4zymBD_ioLMcltaG06IYEI-ydfKoHinhRlO4=w958-h719-no

IMGP2989.JPG

IMGP2994.JPG

IMGP2988.JPG

IMGP2993.JPG

Should of taken a few more:rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,269 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Oh man, I've always wanted to visit that arcade after seeing photos.

Did you play that STATUS 18 with SF2? Grail cab of mine there, along with those little Sega Citys!

I didnt :rolleyes:
    so much choice.
    I did play most of the pins tho and some other EM games including a life size pop up pirate game!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

There's a retro arcade in Odaiba?? Just looked it up there, I've bypassed that building every time I've been in that area...damn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Some savage machines there, and all old/retro too
    urbanledge wrote: »
    Few pics of this place!
    VY-0G6t15TdkAmMeBN-Tc-wCiLfKVoINeJ36u-wxfGg=w958-h719-no
    And even washing machines that play games, cool...................:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

I never went there as I thought Kate was sick of arcades, fuuuuu... Glad you had fun Dave..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Lovely pics urban. What's the story with the chap playing the Harley Davidson though - is he floating in mid-air like some sort of pinball wizard? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,269 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Lovely pics urban. What's the story with the chap playing the Harley Davidson though - is he floating in mid-air like some sort of pinball wizard? :D

Hahaha, Mr 'Cannot be unseen' strikes again :pac:

That machine was super low!maybe a pinball for ants:P
    and it had so much glare I had to stoop over to see the game!
    :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

They should have sent a poet alright,
    Magnificent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

urbanledge wrote: »
    That machine was super low!maybe a pinball for ants:P
    and it had so much glare I had to stoop over to see the game!
    :D

wait, wut? that's not Smooth McGroove in that pic?

• Advertisement

I was gonna say are the pinballs all shorter than they are in over here?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

I was gonna say are the pinballs all shorter than they are in over here?

Does look like that alright. They look quite narrow too or is that a standard width for a pin? Been two decades since I've played once so not a clue on that front.

Does look like that alright. They look quite narrow too or is that a standard width for a pin? Been two decades since I've played once so not a clue on that front.
    The play field are usually that thin, the back boxes are usually wider, about the width of a jamma cab

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭Cantstandsya

This place is great. The first time I was in Tokyo I had been told this place existed but very little else, I didn't know what building it was in and spent a good while trekking around Odaiba looking for it. Ended up in the new arcade on the other side of the island and visiting the Toyota robot.

I'd just about given up by the time I found the place but it was worth it, so many great games. As much as I love the old video games the old mechanical arcade games have a very unique charm - very cool.

Odaiba on a quiet day is a very surreal experience. I felt like I was walking around an abandoned Starfleet Academy.

Advertisement