Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy s4 LCD replacement

Options
  • 14-10-2014 10:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭

€150 seems to be the best price that I can find. Are there any better deals out there? Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭peaceboi

€150 seems to be the best price that I can find. Are there any better deals out there? Thanks in advance

I got a quote for 125eur from the repairer in Charlestown sc, Finglas. The one in front of Eddie Rockets

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭tharmor

Order the screen from ebay.....fix it yourself.....will be dirt cheap.. I did it for my grand duos..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

in fairness, a grand duo's isn't the same as an S4. It'd be a much bigger risk.

If you're anyway figity i'd leave it to a professional, from experience you can do some serious damage to the phone.
    An S4 stills costs too much to go messing about with if you don't know what you're doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 doggystyle

The S4 is probably one of the more easier screens to replace and there are great videos on youtube demonstrating how to do it, and will give you links as to where to buy the screen assembly and tools. Be sure to buy the glass screen and digitizer as one unit, as they are factory glued together. Many sellers on ebay offer just a replacement glass-no use!! You dont actually remove the glass screen, you remove the motherboard and components from the rear of the digitizer and fit them to the new one. It really is quite easy to do. Just be sure you order a tool kit from ebay also. They contain all you need to do it and should be about a euro to buy. Watch some of the videos on youtube!! Its easy!

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭The-Rafalution

Thanks for the replies and opinions. Think I will try and replace the LCD myself. Any reccomendations for tool kits/screens/videos that any of you guys have used before?looking on eBay but previous experience would be great for suggestions. Thanks again for the help.

• Advertisement
Advertisement