Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

can I ask for people's understading of this grant

Options
  • 14-10-2014 11:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭

Hi Folks,

While researching available grants and funding for a new start up I came across a scheme from Revenue called the Seed Capital Scheme
    the link is revenue.ie/en/tax/it/leaflets/it15.html

I was particularly interested in this as it seems like a good fit for my current circumstance.
    (I would like to leave my current position and start my new venture)

I have emailed this link to my accountant to look over but I was hoping people here might have any previous experience of the guidelines for application? or any useful advice for submitting an application is also welcomed.

Also I was wondering if this scheme is available to PAYE workers only? currently I am a contractor working for an agency.

lastly, I am a little unsure if I am understanding the scheme correctly, will this allow me to reclaim tax paid to invest in my startup? or is it future tax earnings will be discounted ?

Many thanks for any comments while I wait on prof tax advice.
    I hope the questions make sense but please feel free to ask for more info.

Thank you,
    $ysProg

Advertisement