Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lions @ Falcons thread...

Options
  • 14-10-2014 11:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Much people going over for it?

Starting at one will be a bit funny, always liked the 6pm starts with the bank holiday Monday the day after. I think NFL UK are doing this to "flex" their muscles and have a game at their time but it suits the Americans as they can squeeze in four games, morning, lunch, evening and Sunday night foootball!

Can't see past the Lions for the win. Can see Matty Stafford putting crazy yards on a pretty poor Falcons D, if Megatron is fit, which is looking unlikely (probably out until wk 9/10 ).

Is the tailgate on before, and if so, what time, assume it'll be early! Any other stuff people know of going on that weekend?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭jme2010

Where will the teams be training in London? Is it possible to get tickets/passes to watch?

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭Zoton

Heading over for it. The vikings v steelers game last year was really enjoyable. I really hope megatron is fit to play, would be gutted if I missed out on seeing him play live.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,932 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

There is a fan rally on in Trafalgar Square on the Saturday between 12 and 5 which will have current and former players of both teams appearing and speaking plus cheerleaders. There will be NFL related activities and merchandise also available

The Gameday fan rally will start at 9:30 at Wembley Stadium of course

The Green Man Pub near Wembley will be full of fans and will show 6 and 9 games live

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭Rick_

Went over in 2012 and will be going over again this year with 8 others. Should be a great trip, as I am celebrating my 30th birthday two days after the game...

Man, I feel so old!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,129 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Terrible time to have the game starting, they should have went for 2.30pm which I think would have been more popular with American viewers and Europeans too.

8 am on a Sunday morning in the states is hardly attractive and dinner time in the UK and Ireland for a lot of people too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

The end of a 2.30pm game would clash with the start of the early match in America. Having it the hour earlier gives them plenty of headroom plus time to squeeze loads of adverts in.

Managed to pick up a face-value ticket for this this morning. I went to the Penn State game at Croke Park the other month but this will be my first NFL game. Can't wait.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,469 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Hey guys, I know this has been answered before but I'm roaming with limited data here. Any suggestions on where to go to watch the next few games?

Advertisement