Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switched to eircom..

Options
  • 14-10-2014 12:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭

Hi there,

I'm moving into a new house and rang eircom to find out what was needed to switch the existing account over to my name and was told I'd need to get the existing account holder(or in this case her son seeing as she died a year ago) to ring up and give authorisation for the switch which he duly did.

I then rang up the following day (Thursday 2nd October) and sorted out everything to switch. I was speaking to a few different people but the last person was in sales and I said I wanted the deal that was online(€24 for the first 6months with unlimited broadband, €48 thereafter) and the person I was speaking to went and spoke to their supervisor about this and they approved this basically by saying my account would be credited with €60 and I’d pay €29 for the first 6 months then €53 after so over the first year this would work out the same. This was done mainly because it would save the hassle of cancelling the whole service at setting it up again which could take a few weeks. I also requested a new phone number because the old number was getting some nuisance phone calls and I was told that it would be done free of charge when he called me back after the line was dead on the old number (in a day or two). I was also told I’d get a new router. He was going to leave notes on the account about this but it seems now he didn’t.

Nobody contacted me and yesterday (13th October) I rang up and was told the transfer had happened and it was all in my name but I was then told that the package hadn’t been activated and the lady did that on the phone for me there and then. I’m now kind of concerned as to what I’m going to be charged in my first bill to be honest because it should have been set-up from the moment it was switched to my name as agreed in the previous call. I also told her I wanted a new phone number to which she said I’d have to pay €25 for…I’m sorry no I’m not paying for something I was told would be “no problem sir”.

I was then passed around numerous departments yesterday before getting conveniently cut-off just as someone from sales or accounts review was about to tell me what was going on. I tried to call back but was told I’d have to wait over 20 minutes and my other call had already been over 30 minutes so I wasn’t waiting again.

I still cannot understand why I wasn’t contacted on the following Monday or Tuesday like I was promised and made aware that all the changes had taken effect and to sort out payment details etc.

Can someone please look into this for me…?? I can PM the original phone number and Account number or someone can contact me ASAP. This needs to be sorted out.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭eircom: Colm

mcg1987 wrote: »
    Hi there,

I'm moving into a new house and rang eircom to find out what was needed to switch the existing account over to my name and was told I'd need to get the existing account holder(or in this case her son seeing as she died a year ago) to ring up and give authorisation for the switch which he duly did.

I then rang up the following day (Thursday 2nd October) and sorted out everything to switch. I was speaking to a few different people but the last person was in sales and I said I wanted the deal that was online(€24 for the first 6months with unlimited broadband, €48 thereafter) and the person I was speaking to went and spoke to their supervisor about this and they approved this basically by saying my account would be credited with €60 and I’d pay €29 for the first 6 months then €53 after so over the first year this would work out the same. This was done mainly because it would save the hassle of cancelling the whole service at setting it up again which could take a few weeks. I also requested a new phone number because the old number was getting some nuisance phone calls and I was told that it would be done free of charge when he called me back after the line was dead on the old number (in a day or two). I was also told I’d get a new router. He was going to leave notes on the account about this but it seems now he didn’t.

Nobody contacted me and yesterday (13th October) I rang up and was told the transfer had happened and it was all in my name but I was then told that the package hadn’t been activated and the lady did that on the phone for me there and then. I’m now kind of concerned as to what I’m going to be charged in my first bill to be honest because it should have been set-up from the moment it was switched to my name as agreed in the previous call. I also told her I wanted a new phone number to which she said I’d have to pay €25 for…I’m sorry no I’m not paying for something I was told would be “no problem sir”.

I was then passed around numerous departments yesterday before getting conveniently cut-off just as someone from sales or accounts review was about to tell me what was going on. I tried to call back but was told I’d have to wait over 20 minutes and my other call had already been over 30 minutes so I wasn’t waiting again.

I still cannot understand why I wasn’t contacted on the following Monday or Tuesday like I was promised and made aware that all the changes had taken effect and to sort out payment details etc.

Can someone please look into this for me…?? I can PM the original phone number and Account number or someone can contact me ASAP. This needs to be sorted out.

Hi mcg1987

Please PM me the original Phone no as well as the new name on the account and I will look into this for you.

In relation to the package price being applied, anytime before the first bill issues would be ok to have this applied as the changes would be backdated to the start of the billing period.

thanks
    Colm

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭mcg1987

I've now sent two PMs to Colm and one also went to Eircom: Reps.

Can someone reply to them anytime soon??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

mcg1987 wrote: »
    I've now sent two PMs to Colm and one also went to Eircom: Reps.

Can someone reply to them anytime soon??
    Hi mcg1987

I believe Colm just got back by PM

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭mcg1987

Hi there,

Still waiting on someone to reply to my PM from last week to tell me when my new router will be sent out? And also when I will receive details of the new account??

Advertisement