Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US Embassy appointments

Options
  • 14-10-2014 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭

We are currently processing our 1 year visa application.

When approved how long should we expect to wait for a US Embassy interview?

Do we simply phone them for to make an appointment?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭lil_lisa

You can type in the consulate you'll be attending here and you should get an accurate wait time for appointments (i.e. type in Dublin under Select a U.S. Embassy or Consulate: if you're applying in Dublin). It's usually around 2-4 business days.

You can then make your appointment with these instructions. Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭McSween

lil_lisa wrote: »
    You can type in the consulate you'll be attending here and you should get an accurate wait time for appointments (i.e. type in Dublin under Select a U.S. Embassy or Consulate: if you're applying in Dublin). It's usually around 2-4 business days.

You can then make your appointment with these instructions. Good luck!

That is brilliant Lisa thanks. That is very helpful to plan around

We are in for our interview at 8am tomorrow. I vaguely remember (for the J1 interview) that the consular said everything was fine at the counter. Is this as close to an acceptance as you get or do they confirm you are going to get it? We need to book flights as soon as.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭iusedtoknow

McSween wrote: »
    We are in for our interview at 8am tomorrow. I vaguely remember (for the J1 interview) that the consular said everything was fine at the counter. Is this as close to an acceptance as you get or do they confirm you are going to get it? We need to book flights as soon as.

wait until you have your passports back. Not because you won't get it, but it is safer just to wait until you have your stickers

wait until you have your passports back. Not because you won't get it, but it is safer just to wait until you have your stickers

Ive been and was successful. The Irish girl behind the counter seemed a little clueless on our first visit. She said my wife's photo may not be suitable and our transcripts werent proof of degree, yet they DID suffice.

That didnt help but we got them. I was asked for proof of funds but wife wasnt.

• Advertisement
Advertisement