Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solicitor fee question

Options
  • 14-10-2014 1:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

Got the letter this morning regards solicitor fees seem expenisve the list break down is.

his fee 950 plus vat
    miscelleouns $50.
    commissioner fee $20
    land registry fee on purchase and mortgage $850
    serch fee $75
    and then stamp duty.

other outlays we are occuing are savory of house estimate 350 and valutaion for bank 120.

list seems ever lasting around and still running from piller to post with esatae agent not getting the finger out were told it takes time to get document from the vendonor which i know but can be streeful trying to fit it in woth work,

Does these seem to be average ?

Regards

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭Eldarion

Sounds about right, if not on the cheaper side.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭MouseTail

Seems very reasonable to me. Good price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭GavMan

Have to agree.

Its about what I paid myself

• Registered Users Posts: 68,904 ✭✭✭✭L1011

The only element that can change there is the solicitor fee - the rest are all but fixed. 950 is a little higher than id expect but it won't go much lower

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

Seems reasonable enough to me, very similar to what we paid and we got a small discount cos we used my parent's solicitor and he's worked with them for years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭iphone6

MYOB wrote: »
    The only element that can change there is the solicitor fee - the rest are all but fixed. 950 is a little higher than id expect but it won't go much lower

haggled the solicitor down from 1200 to 950 so happy with that.so once everything is fixed and cant do no better ile be happy paying the 950.

Advertisement