Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Budget 2015 - effect on property market

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

pwurple wrote: »
    Making building profitable is what's going to push supply.

Bingo!

And how much of building costs go to state coffers when you factor in taxes on raw materials, labour, planning, fees. Don't forget the new costs of building certification. Lowering the overheads will make it more profitable.

They were able to incentivise home renovations through budgetary measures. Why not building?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

They were able to incentivise home renovations through budgetary measures. Why not building?

its been a decent budget in property terms without getting too knee jerk, the housing situation will slowly equalise itself and thats the best way it can be done.

Nothing worse than flipping from one end of the spectrum to the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

It seems economy has picked up. With that confidence and thats good for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭uli84

Meh. Doing some calcs this morning we're due a refund of just over €1.2k. Better than a kick in the stones I suppose. A bit annoyed that I didn't hunt for slightly better savings rates over the last few years but that's price for avoiding what I deemed as unsafe banks at the time.

Could someone advise how to calculate that refund please? Thanks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Zamboni

It seems economy has picked up. With that confidence and thats good for everyone

I hate this term. It is misleading.
    Irish economy is like an unemployed lad in 300k negative equity getting a minimum wage job :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Zamboni wrote: »
    Irish economy is like an unemployed lad in 300k negative equity getting a minimum wage job :)

So his life has picked up so

So his life has picked up so

But he is still f*cked. Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

But he is still f*cked. Yes.

If he can afford the repayments on his mortgage, and there is no sign that he won't be able to afford them in the future, how is he f*cked?

If he can afford the repayments on his mortgage, and there is no sign that he won't be able to afford them in the future, how is he f*cked?

He is using credit cards in his childrens names to make up the shortfall on the mortgage repayments.
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

uli84 wrote: »
    Could someone advise how to calculate that refund please? Thanks!!

Savings account with Rabo states as a debit in your statement exactly what the DIRT was. So I simply added them together for the last 3 years and estimated this years.

Savings accounts with UB were a little more awkward but they provide, through their online banking, an annual Certificate of Interest for each account. They outline how much tax was paid on the interest. I don't think it's referred to as DIRT.

I'm sure it's as straightforward for other banks. It seems they all have their own way of handling it. I'd suspect that it will be Certificates of Interest that are needed as proof when it comes to claiming the refund.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭Eldarion

Savings account with Rabo states as a debit in your statement exactly what the DIRT was. So I simply added them together for the last 3 years and estimated this years.

Savings accounts with UB were a little more awkward but they provide, through their online banking, an annual Certificate of Interest for each account. They outline how much tax was paid on the interest. I don't think it's referred to as DIRT.

I'm sure it's as straightforward for other banks. It seems they all have their own way of handling it. I'd suspect that it will be Certificates of Interest that are needed as proof when it comes to claiming the refund.

Do you have a concrete source that DIRT paid prior to 2014-10-14 is eligible for this refund? The wording is ambiguous enough that it could be interpreted that only DIRT paid AFTER 2014-10-14 is refundable and only as long as you purchase prior to the end of 2017.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭uli84

Ah its gettin complicated for me, i had my savings gathered in aib for years and then moved them all to rabo, not sure how they will treat that but will see :)
    Thanks!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

if hes not selling it doesn't make a difference what the house is worth.

Property will always go up and down in price.

Advertisement