Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

close account/problem with language

Options
  • 14-10-2014 4:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi! I'm from Poland and i have account in BoI. Now i want to close my account, but i live in my country. Can i speak with some polish consultant or something like that? I just want to close account, but my english is not perfect, so i don't know if Irish consultant will understand me :P Thanks a lot for some answer!

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

It shouldn't be difficult. You just need to contact the branch your account is set up in, and tell them where you would like any remaining money to be sent (another bank account).  I think you will need to do it by letter.

http://personalbanking.bankofireland.com/help-centre/helpful-answers/#b13

You can find the address of the branches here. 

http://personalbanking.bankofireland.com/help-centre/branch-locator/

• Registered Users Posts: 3 olek1

Ok, thank You, i try. But maybe do You know,

if the account is not closed automatically after some time? 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Hi olek1,

Thanks for contacting us on Boards.

As MarkR has correctly mentioned you can close your account from abroad by writing to your account holding branch, as an email or fax will not be accepted.  Please include your account number, sort code, name on the account, signature, and a contact number should your branch need to contact you regarding this. You can find your branch contact details here.

Should you have a balance left in your account over €5 please advise the branch what to do with the funds:

If you require the balance to be issued to you by bank draft, please state who the draft should be made payable to. 

If you require the balance to be transferred to a replacement account, we will require details of the beneficiary account i.e. account name. IBAN & BIC code will also be required if the new account is a held at a foreign bank.

Please also note, if you are currently signed up for eStatements, please ensure to switch back to paper statements before having the account closed. This will ensure you are able to receive your closing statement. Once an account has closed it is automatically removed from online access.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need help with any other query. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 3 olek1

Ok, so i will send letter. Thank You for answer!

Advertisement