Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Terrible broadband speed.

Options
  • 14-10-2014 4:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭

For well over a year now our broadband speed has been terrible. My father (the bill payer) contacted eircom many months ago to complain about it and I believe we were upgraded to ~8mb from 5mb download speed, but we are getting nowhere near this speed. For about a week in July the speed actually did go up to about 7mb but dropped down to nothing again, and there has been no signs of improvement since.

The download speed gets slower and slower until the router is restarted, but it only goes back up to about 1.4mb max download speed. The ping is actually quite good though, at ~31ms. The router has to be restarted every day to avoid the speed becoming unbearable.

I just restarted the router and did a wired speed test with no other devices on the network, and the download speed was 1.4mb. This isn't acceptable!

Hope ye can help.

Cian.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭eircom: Colm

Ciano35 wrote: »
    For well over a year now our broadband speed has been terrible. My father (the bill payer) contacted eircom many months ago to complain about it and I believe we were upgraded to ~8mb from 5mb download speed, but we are getting nowhere near this speed. For about a week in July the speed actually did go up to about 7mb but dropped down to nothing again, and there has been no signs of improvement since.

The download speed gets slower and slower until the router is restarted, but it only goes back up to about 1.4mb max download speed. The ping is actually quite good though, at ~31ms. The router has to be restarted every day to avoid the speed becoming unbearable.

I just restarted the router and did a wired speed test with no other devices on the network, and the download speed was 1.4mb. This isn't acceptable!

Hope ye can help.

Cian.
    Hi Cian

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues with your Broadband speeds at present. Can you send me a PM with your Phone number and I will run a test on the line as well as check the current speed you are syncing at.

thanks
    Colm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

Hi Cian

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues with your Broadband speeds at present. Can you send me a PM with your Phone number and I will run a test on the line as well as check the current speed you are syncing at.

thanks
    Colm

Thanks, pm sent

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

Thanks Colm for helping me sort this out. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭eircom: Colm

Ciano35 wrote: »
    Thanks Colm for helping me sort this out. :)
    Hi no problem Ciano35

Glad to be able to help.

thanks
    Colm

Advertisement