Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching Health Insurance provider

Options
  • 14-10-2014 4:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭

We've been with VHI for decades but the cost is now exorbitant and I'm looking at changing to Laya.

Have any of you already done so? What's their customer service like?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Taxburden carrier

Found their customer service to be poor when had to avail of it following years of membership. Have since left, which was difficult to do in itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 gerrykin22

I switched to aviva from vhi but im now with laya.
    Didnt have much dealings with customer service outside of
    the normal checking if a procedure was covered or not.
    Staff were very helpful. Day to day medical costs were paid within 2 weeks of me sending in reciepts.
    Look at the " company care plus " plan. Its about 1600 euro but it has great day to day cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Dubl07

Found their customer service to be poor when had to avail of it following years of membership. Have since left, which was difficult to do in itself.

Laya's service was poor or VHI, Taxburden? Thanks.

And thanks, Gerrykin22. If we switch to Laya it'll be a significant cost saving. I just want to keep as much of our cover as possible while cutting the amount we pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

Have since left, which was difficult to do in itself.

its not difficult to leave any providor. Id have to question how onjective you full post is when you come out with something like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭OMD

D3PO wrote: »
    its not difficult to leave any providor. Id have to question how onjective you full post is when you come out with something like this.

It is extremely difficult to compare policies however. It is very hard to know if you are changing to an equivalent policy or not. HIA website is next to useless in this regard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭LostArt

OMD wrote: »
    It is extremely difficult to compare policies however. It is very hard to know if you are changing to an equivalent policy or not. HIA website is next to useless in this regard.

Why do you think the hia site is useless?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 xstriker

Dubl07 wrote: »
    We've been with VHI for decades but the cost is now exorbitant and I'm looking at changing to Laya.

Have any of you already done so? What's their customer service like?

Got to agree with gerrykin22 on everything he says about LAYA, I moved to LAYA from VHI about three years ago and haven't regretted it for a second. I'm on the "company care plus" plan too.

Advertisement