Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reciprocal Driver License

Options
  • 14-10-2014 4:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭

Just wondering has anyone heard any news about a reciprocal driver license for Alberta i.e. swapping our Irish license for an Alberta license?

I think Ontario and Sask brought it in in 2013 but I've yet to hear any more news about Alberta. I just know myself and the o/h will complete the tests and they'll bring it in the next day having wasted 400 quid on it.

Any insight would be appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

I'm waiting too. I don't want to do another driving test. :o

Does anyone know if i can use my Irish license indefinitely for rental cars here?

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭radiata

I'm applying for a job in BC where a class 5 drivers licence is required. Anyone know what this is or if my full Irish drivers license is any good in Canada?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

Your full Irish license is good enough for 90 days when you get here. After that you will need to do a knowledge/ theory test and sit a class 5 driving test to get a canadian class 5 license. Its just a basic driving test of general driving and driving on the highway. No real manoeuvres or anything as that has been tested already in the class 7 test. You wont need to do that though.

Advertisement