Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snickers (or similar) Work Trousers

Options
  • 14-10-2014 5:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭

Had a look at a few sites and they're coming in at about €65-80 ex VAT, any cheaper around?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Had a look at a few sites and they're coming in at about €65-80 ex VAT, any cheaper around?

I just got a pair off Ebay for 21 pounds + parcelmotel.

You'll find many cheap work trousers but decent ones don't come cheap. My problem is that I need a 35/36 inch leg and there are only a few brands that make them :( Snickers being one of them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭custom_build

I bought two pairs of these in april 2012 and have worn them every working day since in construction and their still going strong! Couldn't recommend them highly enough.

Can't post a link yet bet if you copy and paste this on ebay they pop up.

Dickies-Workwear-Industry-300-Cargo-Work-Kneepad-Trousers-7-Pockets

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭gipi

Worth a look?

http://www.ie.screwfix.com/safety-workwear/workwear/trousers

There's a discount code - see thread "screwfix ireland" in main bargain alerts section

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Is it just the pants you want or is it the work wear with the extra pockets hanging off them and the room too put the knee pads info?

I have ones called tough stuff and they are very good

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Don't need knee pads but I'd like the pocket pouches. Some Snickers on that Screwfix for €40 or so, pretty good! Just need to check the sizes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

Just need to check the sizes

yeah you want to be careful with that, the ones I got are supposed to be a 35" waist but I'd swear they're only 32" :mad:

:(:(

Don't need knee pads but I'd like the pocket pouches. Some Snickers on that Screwfix for €40 or so, pretty good! Just need to check the sizes

Imo the knee pads are a must! I let mins in all the time even doing maintainence

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Imo the knee pads are a must! I let mins in all the time even doing maintainence

I'm mostly doing lighting maintenance, when I was on sites I always used the pads. Was left with bald knees one too many times!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

if you can get to callan market, i got 2 pairs for €50 with a bit of a haggle, with pouches and lots of different sizes and colors (Tuff Stuff) think thats the brand. still using them now, will defo buy again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭on_my_oe

Tough stuff brand can usually be picked up for €20 each at Fairyhouse market if you're local

They have knee pads (OH is a mechanic)

I'm mostly doing lighting maintenance, when I was on sites I always used the pads. Was left with bald knees one too many times!!

That's what I'm at for the last few months, emergency lighting tests, exterior lighting tests and filling out CIR's. Still find the knee pads handy when digging in the tool bag or the back of the van.

on_my_oe wrote: »
    Tough stuff brand can usually be picked up for €20 each at Fairyhouse market if you're local

They have knee pads (OH is a mechanic)

Not too far away at all! Will head up and have a look Sunday before spending big on the Snickers, cheers everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭renandstimpy

Sports direct ... they have very similar

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭GY A1

got aldi ones before for e10, good trousers,
    lidl have nice lined ones this week,

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

GY A1 wrote: »
    got aldi ones before for e10, good trousers,
    lidl have nice lined ones this week,

Just picked up 2 pairs in Aldi for 22 euro. Nice fit and seem to be great quality.

Nice waterproof work jackets there aswell.

Now I remember why I stopped going in there shopping with the missus.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Cathy Lambert

Hey! Aldi and Lidl sometimes have really good work trousers! One pair for 15-20 Euro
    Good Value for money!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

It’s alive !!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement