Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

e-fibre: Unable to connect to various sites, including Speedtest.net

Options
  • 14-10-2014 6:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭

There seems to be some kind of an issue on your network at the moment.
    I'm unable to connect to various addresses, including SpeedTest.net and my Sky On Demand isn't working either.

I've tried with eircom's DNS servers and with Google's 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

Could you please check this out?

Trace route to www.speedtest.net

Traceroute has started…

traceroute to cs62.adn.edgecastcdn.net (93.184.219.82), 64 hops max, 72 byte packets
    1 192.168.2.1 (192.168.2.1) 294.789 ms 2.025 ms 2.324 ms
    2 192.168.1.254 (192.168.1.254) 4.787 ms 4.653 ms 7.410 ms
    3 95.44.80.1 (95.44.80.1) 28.922 ms 90.394 ms 23.372 ms
    4 86.43.10.69 (86.43.10.69) 12.149 ms 12.437 ms *
    5 tenge-2-1-1.core1.dbn.core.eircom.net (86.43.253.17) 21.428 ms 15.564 ms 13.269 ms
    6 86.43.11.182 (86.43.11.182) 28.926 ms 29.268 ms *
    7 ge0-0-0.corea.thn.london.eircom.net (86.43.245.162) 31.158 ms 28.832 ms 29.190 ms
    8 195.66.224.62 (195.66.224.62) 27.301 ms 27.548 ms *
    9 * * *
    10 * * *
    11 * * *
    12 * * *
    13 * * *
    14 * * *
    15 * * *
    16 * * *
    17 * * *
    18 * * *
    19 * * *
    20 * * *
    21 * * *
    22 * * *
    23 * * *
    24 * * *
    25 *

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭swiftblade

Twitter is acting up too. Has been doing this since last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭java

I am also having an intermittent problem loading some websites, tumblr.com and twitter.com. Last night and tonight. I can't get on to etsy.com or speedtest.net at all this evening.

I'm not on efibre.

Tried changing DNS settings and different browsers, no joy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

I'm having a similar issue. Speedtest not working on my phones or laptop.
    Twitter images not loading up.

Humble DSL user here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

Could you do trace routes?

On windows 8 Start Screen - type cmd click Command Prompt
    Windows 7, click the start button and in search type command

Open a command line:

Windows:

C:\>tracert www.speedtest.com for example (don't include the /homepage/blah path names after it)

On a Mac

[font=Segoe UI regular, Segoe UI, Arial, Tahoma, sans-serif]Go to the Applications folder and then into the Utilities folder and open Terminal[/font]

[font=Segoe UI regular, Segoe UI, Arial, Tahoma, sans-serif]Type Traceroute www.speedtest.net[/font] or whatever site you want.

Again, don't include the /homefolder/home etc path names after the server name in the URL

To trace boards.ie

try www.boards.ie for example

Is there any official explanation to this?
    Seems a lot of people around boards and elsewhere are complaining about connectivity.

• Advertisement

Any update on this ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Yep, getting it too. It was terrible last night, but it was ok most of the evening today but it's just gone to pot.

It sounds like there's a problem with onward connectivity on certain routes.
    I'm just situated surprised that they've taken so long to fix it.

SpaceTime wrote: »
    It sounds like there's a problem with onward connectivity on certain routes.
    I'm just situated surprised that they've taken so long to fix it.
    It was working for me last night. They've obviously resolved the problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi SpaceTime

Technical support have advised me that should you continue to experience such issues please contact them on 1890260260 as issues will be treated on a cases by case basis.

Technical Support have also advised trying the following these steps also:

Please try setting up the modem manually using these settings:

•         Under section Broadband / Internet Connection set DNS manually to:
    [*]

Primary 159.134.0.2
                       Secondary 159.134.0.1

•        Disable UPNP under HomeNetwork section.
    [*]

•     The modem need to be restarted after this change.
    [*]

Thanks
    Al

• Advertisement

Hi Alan,

None of those have anything to do with it as the problem is now resolved and must have been at your end.
    As you can see from the trace route there was no connectivity beyond London, that's nothing to do with end users' settings.

I assume there was a connectivity issue at wherever " ge0-0-0.corea.thn.london.eircom.net" is.

Hi SpaceTime

Technical support have advised me that should you continue to experience such issues please contact them on 1890260260 as issues will be treated on a cases by case basis.

[*]

Primary 159.134.0.2
                       Secondary 159.134.0.1

[*]

[*]

Thanks
    Al
    [*]
    Alan,

I know this wasn't directed at me - but please don't get me started on Eircom Support at 1890260260.
    A more incompetent pack of jokers i have yet to come across.

I've had ongoing issues with my broadband line for months now - got fed up of nothing being resolved so left it alone, but in the past 2 weeks i started to call about it again.

"It's your modem" i'm now being told - even though if i try another modem (Netopia, Netgear) the exact same issues occur (dsl drops intermittently).

A new modem arrived in the post today - i'll plug it in when i get home - but i can guarantee the same issues will occur.
    You cannot explain anything to the guys on that support line - they force stuff down your throat and don't want to hear what the caller has to say.
    Even if they do pick up on some of it - they just disregard it which is absolutely damn well frustrating.

Anyways - rant over. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭eircom: Colm

Mr Velo wrote: »
    Hi SpaceTime

[*]

Primary 159.134.0.2
                       Secondary 159.134.0.1

[*]

[*]

Thanks
    Al

[*]
    Alan,

I know this wasn't directed at me - but please don't get me started on Eircom Support at 1890260260.
    A more incompetent pack of jokers i have yet to come across.

I've had ongoing issues with my broadband line for months now - got fed up of nothing being resolved so left it alone, but in the past 2 weeks i started to call about it again.

"It's your modem" i'm now being told - even though if i try another modem (Netopia, Netgear) the exact same issues occur (dsl drops intermittently).

A new modem arrived in the post today - i'll plug it in when i get home - but i can guarantee the same issues will occur.
    You cannot explain anything to the guys on that support line - they force stuff down your throat and don't want to hear what the caller has to say.
    Even if they do pick up on some of it - they just disregard it which is absolutely damn well frustrating.

Anyways - rant over. 
    [*]
    Hi Mr Velo

I am sorry to hear this has been your experience based on your dealings with our Technical Support team. 

Can you send me a PM with the Phone number and as much information as possible regarding the nature of your connection drops, any particular times, frequency etc and I will ask Managers in Technical Support to look at this.

thanks
    Colm

Advertisement