Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Everything water charges here] Right To Water Protest 2pm Nov 1st @ Eyre Sq

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Not me. I'm in favour of a properly ran and funded water service.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭renegademaster

so you're in favour of Denis O Briens role in this quango setup to further enrich him when he sells the company on for massive profits much like he did with esat?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,389 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Me too and that's not what we're getting at the moment.

Thanks for sharing the link

so you're in favour of Denis O Briens role in this quango setup to further enrich him when he sells the company on for massive profits much like he did with esat?

What?

What?

forget it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Why are people protesting now? If you wanted to protest against water charges you should have done it when the relevant legislation was being prepared and debated in the Dail, that was the time for protest and for telling your TD that you won't be voting for him in the next election if it goes through. It's a done deal now and no amount of protesting is going to change anything.

MadYaker wrote: »
    Why are people protesting now? If you wanted to protest against water charges you should have done it when the relevant legislation was being prepared and debated in he Dail, that was the time for protest and for telling your TD that you won't be voting for him in the next election if it goes through. It's a done deal now and no amount of protesting is going to change anything.

thankfully, history proves your defeatest attitude wrong, end of

almost every right you have today was fought long and hard for, regardless of whether or not it was a "done deal"

thankfully, history proves your defeatest attitude wrong, end of

almost every right you have today was fought long and hard for, regardless of whether or not it was a "done deal"

Do you believe that the water charges will be abolished because of protests?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

It's a bit pointless protesting as it's not going to change anything. But €10.50 is a bargain for a return seat to go shopping

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

What?

Believe it or not there are actually some ejiits who think Denis O'Brien is the majority shareholder of Irish Water.
    Seriously you couldn't make it up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

dloob wrote: »
    Believe it or not there are actually some ejiits who think Denis O'Brien is the majority shareholder of Irish Water.
    Seriously you couldn't make it up!

Some people believe it; others know it isn't true but are willing to tell the lie for their cause.

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Meeoow

Some eegits even believe it's not a private company even though it says it on their own website

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

Meeoow wrote: »
    Some eegits even believe it's not a private company even though it says it on their own website

Well it was hardly going to be a public company, could you imagine the reaction to that!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Yeah, that is captialism and if you dont like it go back to your occupy tent in the square.......... oh wait:rolleyes:

forget it

I'd rather you back up the unsubstantiated claim.

Do you believe that the water charges will be abolished because of protests?

the protests are a gathering, what will finish the water charges is when people go back to their homes and stop irish water from installing meters
    It's a bit pointless protesting as it's not going to change anything. But €10.50 is a bargain for a return seat to go shopping

with an attitude like that i'm surprised governments think they can get away with forcing charge after charge on us
    Yeah, that is captialism and if you dont like it go back to your occupy tent in the square.......... oh wait:rolleyes:

i dont understand your childish nonsense, what exactly are you so happy about? capitalism or the fact the occupy camp in no longer there?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Although this thread is about the bus it's ok to discuss the water scheme in general, as long as a civil tone is kept.
    Argue the issue, not the people

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Paddyfield

anybody got any interest?

"R2W Galway BUS TO NATIONAL DEMO Saturday 11th October
    Leaves Galway city centre 10am.Departs Dublin City centre 5.30pm
    Cost €10.50 per seat (seats MUST be reserved asap)
    PLEASE STATE BELOW IF YOU WANT SEAT/S RESERVING. Thanks."

https://www.facebook.com/right2watergalway/posts/1485286515090077?fref=nf

Can you imagine if this turned into a riot and the cops had to use water cannon to disperse the crowd? Oh the irony.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

i dont understand your childish nonsense, what exactly are you so happy about? capitalism or the fact the occupy camp in no longer there?

I think it is you that has the childish nonsense, protesting at every little thing, anti this anti that, wake up to yourself and get on with your life or maybe move to a communist country and see how you get on there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

I'd rather you back up the unsubstantiated claim.

Sierra (one of the contractors that are installing meters) are owned by Siteserv, owned by the bould Dennis.

One would think that you couldn't make this sh*t up, but someone has manged the "creative leap" between a the owner of a company working in a limited capacity for Irish Water to him owning it.

The mind boggles.

• Advertisement

antoobrien wrote: »
    Sierra (one of the contractors that are installing meters) are owned by Siteserv, owned by the bould Dennis.

One would think that you couldn't make this sh*t up, but someone has manged the "creative leap" between a the owner of a company working in a limited capacity for Irish Water to him owning owning it.

The mind boggles.

I know he owns Sierra but I was trying to see how he figured he owned Irish water which is 100% owned by the government.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

There are some crazy people here. 44% of water is leaking away from pipes that IW won't fix, and you folk think that IW will forward you 'a properly ran and funded water service'. LOL. I have never laughed so much in my life :pac::pac::pac:

There are some crazy people here. 44% of water is leaking away from pipes that IW won't fix, and you folk think that IW will forward you 'a properly ran and funded water service'. LOL. I have never laughed so much in my life :pac::pac::pac:

What proof do you have that they won't fix anything? And where did you get the 44% figure from?

What proof do you have that they won't fix anything? And where did you get the 44% figure from?

What did the government do with the monies from the house-hold-charge ? they gave it all, yes all to Irish water and none of that money was used to start fixing the leaks.

And in regards to your other question, Google it, I'm not a receptionist.

Exactly the reason I'm happy to pay for the water. The current system has not worked.

Exactly the reason I'm happy to pay for the water. The current system has not worked.

Do you drive ? you obviously pay VAT like everyone else, so if you drive and pay motor tax then you are already paying for water treatment to your tap. The last thing IW will be doing is fixing any leaks on the old pipe system, and you can take that to the bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

The last thing IW will be doing is fixing any leaks on the old pipe system, and you can take that to the bank.
    IW aren't going to be fixing any leaks!!!!!
    This is bizarre fantastical stuff altogether.

Phoebas wrote: »
    IW aren't going to be fixing any leaks!!!!!
    This is bizarre fantastical stuff altogether.

Well, time will tell, but I just can't see them fixing the 44% of leakage we already have.

IW will fix the first leak in your abode, but that's all they will do. They won't fix all of the leaks we have on the old pipe-system though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,151 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Well, time will tell, but I just can't see them fixing the 44% of leakage we already have.

You just said they werent fixing any, now its fixing the 44% figure.

• Advertisement

You just said they werent fixing any, now its fixing the 44% figure.

No. I should have made my comment clearer. I was only referring to the old water pipe-system. Sure every person already knows that IW will fix the first leak you have from your property. I am talking about the bigger issue of the old pipe-system regarding 44% of leakage.

Well, if folk want to pay it, then pay it, that's up to you. But paying twice for the same service is nonsensical/illogical IMO.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement