Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Everything water charges here] Right To Water Protest 2pm Nov 1st @ Eyre Sq

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Dunno about quangoes, but we should have got rid of the seanad when we had the chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

MadYaker wrote: »
    Dunno about quangoes, but we should have got rid of the seanad when we had the chance.

And we should get rid of this water charge while we have the chance as well, regarding non-compliance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Davarus Walrus

Most of the crusties who will be getting on the bus could do with a good long shower.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,935 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Most of the crusties who will be getting on the bus could do with a good long shower.

Daddy in the party?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,389 ✭✭✭inisboffin

By a LONG shot it's not only 'crusties' who have objections (varied) to the way Irish Water is proposing to operate, if the diversity of objectors, even among my acquaintances are anything to go by.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭renegademaster

But some folk haven't got the intelligence to foresee this scenario unfortunately.

sure it's never happened before, what are you on about? FOR CRYING OUT LOUD WE'RE BEING FLIPPING ROBBED AND SOME ARE GOING TO THE ENDS OF THE EARTH TO JUSTIFY IT!

sure it's never happened before, what are you on about? FOR CRYING OUT LOUD WE'RE BEING FLIPPING ROBBED AND SOME ARE GOING TO THE ENDS OF THE EARTH TO JUSTIFY IT!

Indeed.

If it happens again I'm leaving, I'll pack my things and go.
    If it happens again there'll be no looking back, I won't say I told you so :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Some Irish folk are brain-dead, they will bend over continuously and take it no matter what, but what is very strange is the amount that want to bend over and take it. Conditioned by a corrupt government for so long maybe.

If every-one didn't pay this extortion, then IW would have no choice but to die. But as long as there are many brain-dead folk willing to pay twice for the same service, then it gives the upper-hand to the government and IW liaison.
    Yes i can envisage our concerned politicians up in the Dail bar with their tears dripping onto their prawn sandwiches.
    I give up here. Some folk just don't have the intelligence to understand what will happen them in the near future. You folk think you are set this year to pay this charge, but you folk will be the one's whining when IW double the charge thereafter. It boggles the mind.
    Every single word you have said is untrue, so there ye go.
    Lukker- wrote: »
    Privatization is slippery slope, even though it'll only be semi private at fist, this is how it starts.
    But some folk haven't got the intelligence to foresee this scenario unfortunately.
    So in order to fill the gap we stick even more austerity on the people. I get ya.

No doing away with quangos, downsizing the political establishment or anything else. Just stick it to Johnny.
    And we should get rid of this water charge while we have the chance as well, regarding non-compliance.
    Indeed.

If it happens again I'm leaving, I'll pack my things and go.
    If it happens again there'll be no looking back, I won't say I told you so :)

Don't let the facts of the matter get in the way of soundbytes

I have to fill out the form yet - I will do it today.

I don't like paying taxes but it has to be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭ezra_pound

I saw new pipes.

Your argument about them just patching them previously is exactly why we need a properly ran and funded water service.

Who properly ran the water service?

• Advertisement

ezra_pound wrote: »
    Who properly ran the water service?

What?

Another thing that folk could do if they want to pay IW is that they could go to mabs and tell them that they cannot afford to pay. See what happens there. Give IW 20-cent a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

No. I should have made my comment clearer. I was only referring to the old water pipe-system. Sure every person already knows that IW will fix the first leak you have from your property. I am talking about the bigger issue of the old pipe-system regarding 44% of leakage.

Well, if folk want to pay it, then pay it, that's up to you. But paying twice for the same service is nonsensical/illogical IMO.

You're not paying twice, money from the central fund will not pay for water anymore.
    Instead it will help pay for essential services for disabled children and that sort of thing.

dloob wrote: »
    You're not paying twice, money from the central fund will not pay for water anymore.
    Instead it will help pay for essential services for disabled children and that sort of thing.

Not to mention the debts of developers, bankers and politicians' friends.

Not to mention the debts of developers, bankers and politicians' friends.

Not really, that's only what is now 2% to 3% of Government expenditure.

It seems that the bonus culture is back in. Link... http://www.thejournal.ie/irish-water-odowd-1710387-Oct2014/

Are cracks beginning to show in FG?
    Fergus O'Dowd on the radio this morning slating IW. Enda won't like that.
    Others slating Enda over the McNulty affair.

Are cracks beginning to show in FG?
    Fergus O'Dowd on the radio this morning slating IW. Enda won't like that.
    Others slating Enda over the McNulty affair.

buíochas le dia!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

The lad has done a right U turn. He was involved in setting up irish water and now he comes out and says that? You'd have to wonder what his motives are.

MadYaker wrote: »
    The lad has done a right U turn. He was involved in setting up irish water and now he comes out and says that? You'd have to wonder what his motives are.

Enda demoted him in the reshuffle. He must have his vengeance.

• Advertisement

So your saying keep wasting 44% and do nothing?

And you know all the money raised will be going to fix the pipes? ;)

And you know all the money raised will be going to fix the pipes? ;)

Why would all the money be going to fix pipes?

Why would all the money be going to fix pipes?

if you were setting up a new business should you not fix immediately what's causing 45% of your product from going to waste?

if you were setting up a new business should you not fix immediately what's causing 45% of your product from going to waste?

And not spend a cent maintaining what you have already?

It's going to be a huge crowd tomorrow, October 11th at 2pm, starting at the Garden of Remembrance in Dublin. It will be interesting to see how many thousands turn up. See you there.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,483 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

The problem I have with the anti austerity protest against everything crowd is they never have a alternative to running a self sustainable country.

Finally we're putting an end to ahernism and have properly funded water supplies. I won't be protesting.

I bet you most of the protesters today were big ff voters in the good times!

Water is a human right. That does not mean you shouldn't have to pay a small amount for having it on tap in your house.

rarnes1 wrote: »
    The problem I have with the anti austerity protest against everything crowd is they never have a alternative to running a self sustainable country.

I don't think anyone protesting today knows the meaning of the word sustainable.

i look forward to exercise my democratic right to protest today, dont need all the answers to every question to do so. some people insist on making life very tough for themselves :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

What's the prediction for turnout?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement