Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Everything water charges here] Right To Water Protest 2pm Nov 1st @ Eyre Sq

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭galwayfellaBETA

I know he owns Sierra but I was trying to see how he figured he owned Irish water which is 100% owned by the government.

Owned by the Government but sellable on the whim of the sitting minister. But they would never, 'in an emergency' do something like that in the dead of night, right?

Exactly the reason I'm happy to pay for the water. The current system has not worked.

The current system worked perfectly, we paid for water through general taxation. Tax me more if the pipes need to be fixed, no problem at ALL with that. However any one who help this traitorous government privatise our water supply is an idiot

I give up here. Some folk just don't have the intelligence to understand what will happen them in the near future. You folk think you are set this year to pay this charge, but you folk will be the one's whining when IW double the charge thereafter. It boggles the mind.

Bongalongherb, I gave up on the boards crowd years ago. They argue for argue sake. I just popped by to see the reaction the IW stuff. Obviously they are not representative of the massive crowd in Dublin last week :-)

It is beyond me why this boards crowd cannot see the dangers ahead for this country and our water supply. IW is the most thinly viled privatisation attempt possible. Both wait for the replies ... I'll be branded as a 'unemployed, hippy, protester' (which could not be further from the truth).

off the top of my head, his esat digiphone golden egg that he bought for pocket change and flipped for huge profit a year or 3 later, his long long list of media investments, getting 300m worth of debt wrote off here by irish banks that we had to bail out and our childrens children will be paying for, and then a month or 2 later he gets handed 180m from the household charge coffers so he can flip the company asap for another massive windfall exactly like esat...

Now renegademaster, "don't be taking sense"... all the FG trolls won't be happy with that.

"It was "beyond doubt" that Michael Lowry gave "substantive information to Denis O'Brien, of significant value and assistance to him in securing the license".

http://www.irishexaminerusa.com/mt/2011/03/29/tribunal_finds_lowry_helped_ob.html

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Owned by the Government but sellable on the whim of the sitting minister. But they would never, 'in an emergency' do something like that in the dead of night, right?

Ya just like they did with the esb.....oh wait.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

The current system worked perfectly, we paid for water through general taxation. Tax me more if the pipes need to be fixed, no problem at ALL with that. However any one who help this traitorous government privatise our water supply is an idiot

Iw is owned by the government so you have no issue.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Doom

I won't be protesting in Eyre Square on Saturday, but I might come up and take pictures of you.

Will you be wearing your uniform?

http://m.independent.ie/irish-news/gardai-video-protests-30668383.html

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

So just pure paranoia then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

you were there were ya? let me direct you to this simple map below

http://postimg.org/image/416jg13gp/

we started by parnell st at 1.45 and by 3pm we reached the turn to go towards o connell st and the front of the march had already reached the Dail, by the time the front made it around stephens green and back up towards o connell bridge and met with the protestors still heading for the dail that was 4km long. when the front made it to the stage setup on o connell st crowds were still heading for the dail and that was 5km long from start to finish!

the nov 2010 protest that forced fianna fail to call general elections had up to 150,000 on o connell st so please excuse me if i don't listen to your crowd estimations seeing as how you weren't there 4 years ago and you weren't there last saturday either.

next!!

I wasn't there, no. I judged the crowd by what was said by numerous, reputable news sources such as RTE, The Irish Independent and The Irish Times. According to RTE, Garda sources estimated 30k. Irish Times said over 50k, with a Garda source saying perhaps up to 100k. I said 100k in my post. What's your issue? Do you think there was more than 100k there?

But regardless, I'm not surprised that that is your bone of contention with my post. No alternative strategy whatsoever. The Government still has a budget deficit, what would you suggest we do to sort this (if IW had not been set up?) Perhaps with a plan of some sort this group would gain real support.

Ya just like they did with the esb.....oh wait.

What part of
    "Owned by the Government but sellable on the whim of the sitting minister. But they would never, 'in an emergency' do something like that in the dead of night, right?"

do you refuse to understand ???

• Advertisement

antoobrien wrote: »
    So just pure paranoia then.

What part of
    "Owned by the Government but sellable on the whim of the sitting minister. But they would never, 'in an emergency' do something like that in the dead of night, right?"

do you refuse to understand ???

That's me I'm done.... no point arguing with FG <snip>.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Please use thread in AH to continue.
    I've asked twice for cop on but it seems this topic is too inflammatory.

Good luck with the protest OP.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement