Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help choosing the Pram - softest ride possible

Options
  • 14-10-2014 7:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭

hi all, my son is 11 weeks and the older he gets the more he hates the carrier (ErgoBaby). I like going for a walks carrying him but very recently he started screaming and trying to get out the carrier soon after being put into it :( so I decided to get a pram that we can go for a walks again.
    I'm buying second hand and I'm overwhelmed with the amount of ads on adverts.ie :eek:
    So my question is: which pram or travel system with pram part (although we only need the pram) has the softest ride? I would hate pushing something that rattles and it's flimsy. Size, fold-ability and weight don't matter.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

I have a Bugaboo cameleon and it is fab to push :) we got till 6 months out of pram. (My baby is super tall). You then just put the buggy seat on the frame. The seat reclines fully back and the footmuff is sooooo cosy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

I have an uppababy vista and it's great - very sturdy and the buggy attachment is suitable from birth as it reclines fully so would suit your baba now and grow with him too. You wouldn't have to buy the pram part at all if you didn't want to.

My little boy hated babywearing and being in a carrier as well. He wasn't having any of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭j@utis

thanks mommies, that's two options. my baby is tall too ;)
    to this point I've managed to "discover" that prams with inflatable wheels are the least rattly ones. so I'm paying extra attention at the those with big wheels with proper tyres on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Drdoc

I have a joolz day and the suspension is brilliant on it. Can take it across all sorts of terrains. The pram is huge also. Moved him out at 6 months but he had loads more space if he had needed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭lmullen

The uppababy vista is very smooth - it has rubber tyres which are great. My issue with the inflated tyres is what do you do if you get a puncture and you're an hour from home!
    Its a pity your little one doesn't like the ergobaby - mine can't get enough of it - she's been in it since 2 days old and it's been a life saver. Would you consider trying to get to a sling meet to see if there's another sling/wrap that he might prefer - or they could give you some advice.
    Best of luck!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Most new buggies (particularly the more expensive ones) have pretty good suspension. Look for air or foam tyres too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

I have a Phil and teds and love love love it! It has air tyres and I have it set up as a double and it is still really smooth: I nearly cracked up pushing my friends quinny around the park one day. There should be plenty second hand too. I can jog (down hills!) with it too which is great ;)

On the puncture thing: I did get a puncture one day 40 minutes from home (flipping nail!). I just pushed it home: it was a bit annoying because one tire was deflated but still more than pushable.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

The maxi cosi Mura is brilliant but if you want smooth and light then look at the out n about nipper single .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Out and about nipper goes flat like a pram, has big wheels and is smooth.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Soooky

Baby Jogger City Mini GT here - very easy to push and comfy for babs! Reclines fully back too :)

• Advertisement

thanks all for your suggestions. now I have searches set up on adverts.ie for the brands mentioned above and I'll see what's gonna come up. thanks again.

lmullen wrote: »
    <...>
    Its a pity your little one doesn't like the ergobaby - mine can't get enough of it - she's been in it since 2 days old and it's been a life saver. Would you consider trying to get to a sling meet to see if there's another sling/wrap that he might prefer - or they could give you some advice.
    Best of luck!
    the problem with Ergobaby is that my son is too big for the infant insert and too small to go without it. he's kinda in-between size and I just can't get him to feel comfortable. I'm thinking to try Mei tai type carrier next.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Rua1

+1 for the nipper. I also have a pram part for it, although I don't know if you should bother with it, as my nearly 12 week old barely fits in it now.
    You can also buy solid tyres for it as well if you want. Have had one puncture and I walk close to 10kms every day I can.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭ahappychappy

Another vote for the Out n about 360. I have the same one over 6 years and two big tall boys later it is still going strong. Regarding Punctures pop a tiny canister of the foam under the buggy for emergency - it has never happened yet.....

I also tried the pouch/sling etc both my boys absolutely hated it - they both were nosy from the outset.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

j@utis wrote: »
    the problem with Ergobaby is that my son is too big for the infant insert and too small to go without it. he's kinda in-between size and I just can't get him to feel comfortable. I'm thinking to try Mei tai type carrier next.

There are ways around that,you can use a blanket or a towel.
    I loved the Ergo but my boy outgrew it at about 18 months and I hated the infant insert.
    I love my slings esp my ring slings but still need a buggy at times.

Advertisement