Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaf blower / Leaf Vac

• 14-10-2014 9:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 276 ✭✭

Looking for some advise on leaf blowers or leaf vac's.

Do any of you have one and do you find it good. How are they for blowing or sucking leaves etc off lawns or are they only any good on hard ground.

Any thoughts or recommendations appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Tanaka TBL4600
    Starts second pull all the time.
    Powerful enough to move stones and stuff if you point it too close to the ground, moves leaves into big piles for disposal even if wet.
    I can't get on with handheld blowers my arm starts to hurt if I use it for more than 30-45 minutes, thats why I got a backpack version.
    I have a lot of leaves to move every Autumn with an acre of mature beech trees next to me.
    I can't rake them all from the gravel so I chose to blow them off and it works very well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 276 ✭✭hammer73

thanks,

Its only for around the house and lawn but there are alot of beach trees around the house so thats why i was thinking of one. It will only be a domestic one something around the 25cc mark. are they up to the job should i stick to the rake?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

hammer73 wrote: »
    thanks,

Its only for around the house and lawn but there are alot of beach trees around the house so thats why i was thinking of one. It will only be a domestic one something around the 25cc mark. are they up to the job should i stick to the rake?
    For small areas and short times a handheld is fine.
    I rather blowers than vacs personally and blow it onto a tarp or into a corner to rot down with grass clippings.
    Tanaka are rock solid machines, I have a few of their strimmers and the blower and they have been extremely reliable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,777 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Not hi-jacking the thread hopefully OP, but I have been looking at cordless rechargeable blowers recently and have a quick question.

I have seen most are 18v. But I have seen one thats listed as 40v. Would this one be a lot more powerful?

The 40v one is a cheapo brand, probably made in China, whereas you can get a 18v Bosch for similar money. Would this be a better buy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Norfolk Enchants_

CJhaughey wrote: »
    Tanaka TBL4600
    Starts second pull all the time.
    Powerful enough to move stones and stuff if you point it too close to the ground, moves leaves into big piles for disposal even if wet.
    I can't get on with handheld blowers my arm starts to hurt if I use it for more than 30-45 minutes, thats why I got a backpack version.
    I have a lot of leaves to move every Autumn with an acre of mature beech trees next to me.
    I can't rake them all from the gravel so I chose to blow them off and it works very well.
    +1 to this except mines a Sthil backpack blower.
    OP I find the best way to collect leaves off the lawn is to use the lawnmower, might sound obvious, but it really is the best man for the job.

• Advertisement
Advertisement