Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How convincingly will Ireland win Euro 2016?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

Being an entertainer is different to being a pundit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,058 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

They should just give us the trophy now, save all the other teams the hassle of playing all those qualifiers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

When we win it comfortably, we will of course have a combined trophy and 1916 centenary parade the day after the match with fans from all across Europe waving and cheering on the Champs-Élysées.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,402 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

When we win it comfortably, we will of course have a combined trophy and 1916 centenary parade the day after the match with fans from all across Europe waving and cheering on the Champs-Élysées.

Except for our friends up the road. Beating them in the final will be bad enough without us ramming 1916 down their throats. To save the local gendarmes from having to deal with that I hope Wales beat NI in the semi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭LeBash

thebaz wrote: »
    there is lot more to Dunphy than that , he makes calls that are unpopular, but often true - Whelan is a limited international player is a fact - I respect him , that he makes the most of his ability, and always gives a 100% to the Irish

I agree Whelan is poor with the ball but off the ball his positioning in midfield is amazing. He makes it very hard for the oppisition to make a forward pass in his area.

But here, here on giving 100%. I always find it hard to believe the likes of McCarty and Coleman (just as examples from this squad) are fit for saturday but not on tuesday. Whelan has a really good record of turning out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

LeBash wrote: »

But here, here on giving 100%. I always find it hard to believe the likes of McCarty and Coleman (just as examples from this squad) are fit for saturday but not on tuesday. Whelan has a really good record of turning out

It's true, and you couldn't blame a manager for trying to get a bit of continuity going.
    Gibbo has been in and out of the squad, between injury and sulking, though possibly he has matured since then.

Interesting how Kroos only found a hole in the Ireland midfield after Whelo went off injured the last day

Advertisement