Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom phonewatch - battery in sensor

Options
  • 14-10-2014 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi
    I apologise if this topic has been raised here (I have searched and can't find the reply I want). I have an Eircom Phonewatch for the last ten years and am sick of paying through the nose for call out visits. So I have cancelled the monitoring service and would be grateful if someone could talk me through (a) how to set up the system so that my mobile is called when the alarm is activated and (b) how to reinstall a particular sensor which was disconnected from the alarm for a dead battery on the last Eircom visit (I have replaced the battery but just need to reconnect it to the system). I attach a photo of the box which may be relevant - the model isn't readily apparent to me.
    Thanks for any help in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

Hi
    I apologise if this topic has been raised here (I have searched and can't find the reply I want). I have an Eircom Phonewatch for the last ten years and am sick of paying through the nose for call out visits. So I have cancelled the monitoring service and would be grateful if someone could talk me through (a) how to set up the system so that my mobile is called when the alarm is activated and (b) how to reinstall a particular sensor which was disconnected from the alarm for a dead battery on the last Eircom visit (I have replaced the battery but just need to reconnect it to the system). I attach a photo of the box which may be relevant - the model isn't readily apparent to me.
    Thanks for any help in advance!

Unfortunately you do not have enough posts to post photos.
    If you check here you will see which system you have installed.
    Why would he disconnect a sensor from your system on a visit rather than replace the battery?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Blueberry180

Thanks - I think it is the GE one, it looks the most likely. It says version 3 on the inside panel but no reference to GE. Hopefully it will have the relevant information.
    Thanks

Thanks - I think it is the GE one, it looks the most likely. It says version 3 on the inside panel but no reference to GE. Hopefully it will have the relevant information.
    Thanks

Is it a Simon control panel?
    If you have the paperwork off the system send me a PM and I will help you with the code.

To add a sensor to this system,

Drop Front lid and enter engineer code.
    Press, add, sensor.
    Go to sensor and trip the tamper by removing the lid and closing the device.
    Go back to sensor and press sensor button till you get the desired name for the device.
    Press done.
    Sensor group of the device is needed then.
    10 for and entry /exit route.
    13 for a window or door, not entry/exit route.
    15 for a PIR to be on with alarm on. (without the need to press motion buttons)
    17 for a PIR that is to be off at night plus access route.
    35 for a PIR to be entry/exit.

Enter the number that suits for the group and press done.

Close up lid and that should be it.

Thanks Altor. I tried using the Engineer code that PW gave me when I rang them, but it hasn't worked. Is it worth trying 54321 as has been suggested on other posts or anything else?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Worth a try . Also try zero in-front of the code you were given.

• Advertisement

KoolKid wrote: »
    Worth a try . Also try zero in-front of the code you were given.

Thanks for the suggestion Koolkid but no joy, I'm afraid. Can anyone recommend a non PW engineer that wouldn't charge an arm and a leg to come look at it, please?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Most good engineers could sort this for you for a lot cheaper. Where are you located?

KoolKid wrote: »
    Most good engineers could sort this for you for a lot cheaper. Where are you located?

Based in Sandymount.

Loads of options so.
    Check the psa register for installers in your area.

Thanks Altor. I tried using the Engineer code that PW gave me when I rang them, but it hasn't worked. Is it worth trying 54321 as has been suggested on other posts or anything else?

Sent you a P.M. re the code.
    Depending on how old the system is the code could be set up differently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 SuloBulo

Looking for help. I have a Simon phonewatch non monitored alarm. Rang today. 350 for callous and too replace batteries in two sensors.

Can I do this myself?
    Or can I source an engineer who can do it for a reasonable price???

I got pw in 5 years ago and it cost me less than 100 for exactly the same.

Daylight Robbers.

SuloBulo wrote: »
    Looking for help. I have a Simon phonewatch non monitored alarm. Rang today. 350 for callous and too replace batteries in two sensors.

Can I do this myself?
    Or can I source an engineer who can do it for a reasonable price???

I got pw in 5 years ago and it cost me less than 100 for exactly the same.

Daylight Robbers.

On the Simon system this is very easy to do yourself.

Press the status button to see which sensors have the low battery.
    Drop the front lid on the system and enter your user code.
    Now you can open the senors with the low batteries and replace with new ones.

Advertisement