Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Week 7 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,366 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Turnover Ted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭me89

Great effort from Dez but he was just short i think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Just about hanging on but hard to see the D getting a stop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

kryogen wrote: »
    Giants normally win these games

My work here seems to be done :)

Bit of an up and down week, looking like I might make it out ok on gambling front, but the picking looks like it could be a poor week overall..

Big loss, bye week followed by a very tough 4 game streak. Think we are pretty much done for the year again. Haven't made the playoffs since we won the SB.

Sad indictment of Reese & Coughlin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

The question coming to mind is will this be the season big Tom in Big Blue gets the bullet? Time for a change? A fresh approach? A younger man?

I do enjoy the woes of course.

well looks like were going to have to beat the cowboys if we want to win the nfc east.

how the hell is demarco murray suddenly injury proof

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭poldebruin

Good start on Defence from the Broncos. Need a solid game from Hillman and fewer penalties - killed us against the Jets last week.

Nice start, should they even bother trying to run inside the 5 any more?

• Advertisement

decent drive there by the 49ers ends with a missed 50 + fg - big break for the broncos there and great field position for Manning. 49ers gave Kaep good protection on the drive though.

mannings face was pretty funny he knew well that was a td

Great dive from Welker for the score.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

That's Favres record tied.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

Manning seems to have the helmet on even tighter than usual today, the forehead is purple already.
    Two superb drives though, clinical in the extreme and it still feels like Denver are just cruising along in 3rd gear. You'd imagine they'll slow down the offense deliberately at some point to take maximum time off the clock. I'd argue the pace of their offense hinders them at times.

Bad drop there from Davis, hit him right in the numbers

• Advertisement

49ers have given up on the run completely it seems - and they are better for it.

Penalties hurting the Bronco s again this week 5-43 compared to 0-0 for the 49ers

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

poldebruin wrote: »
    49ers have given up on the run completely it seems - and they are better for it.

They won't win this game without a run game though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Apparently no one on this team can catch the ball.

Broncos have been lucky enough - it should be 14 - 10.

• Advertisement

adrian522 wrote: »
    Apparently no one on this team can catch the ball.

to be fair that could be partially due to the fact that kap tends to cannon it every time one of the biggest arms in the nfl but he needs to let the power off to help his receivers sometimes he's not as bad as he was but has a way to go yet in that department

Boldon and Davis should be catching the ball. End of story. Saying he threw it too hard is an excuse and not a very good one. Both of those balls should have been caught.

Boldon and Davis should be catching the ball. End of story. Saying he threw it too hard is an excuse and not a very good one. Both of those balls should have been caught.

not saying for those two balls necessarily, the bolding one in particular should have been caught but for some of the hers drops its a very valid reason maby they should catch it but he should be helping his receivers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Wow, did not think he had his toe down the first time around at all. Great job by Sanders.

not saying for those two balls necessarily, the bolding one in particular should have been caught but for some of the hers drops its a very valid reason maby they should catch it but he should be helping his receivers

John Elway had this exact problem early in his career. Receiver 5 yards from him.....50 mph bullet.

No, if they can't catch it they shouldn't call themselves receivers. He throws it at that pace to fit it into tight windows.

This is a good thing and not something he needs to "improve". I haven't seen any incompletions tonight as a result of the ball being thrown too hard.

No fear of Manning throwing it too hard. Every pass is a rainbow.

No, if they can't catch it they shouldn't call themselves receivers. He throws it at that pace to fit it into tight windows.

This is a good thing and not something he needs to "improve". I haven't seen any incompletions tonight as a result of the ball being thrown too hard.

thats a ridiculous statement of coarse its not a good thing to rocket it to someone on a short route

Fair play to Manning. He was the bane of my life when he was a Colt, putting us to the sword twice in the playoffs. How lucky we were to get him when he came back from those neck surgeries.

congrats to peyton manning.

btw cheeky defensive pass interference earlier cause he didn't want to be the one beaten on the record pass

• Advertisement

very inventive move by demarcus ware iv never seen that before

thats a ridiculous statement of coarse its not a good thing to rocket it to someone on a short route

One example of that from tonight?

Those Penalties are complete drive killers. The only thing that has stopped the Broncos tonight have been penalties.

And that would be that.

Beautiful. Big turnaround in the game there. SF with a chance to make it 21-17 with a score. Turnover and it opens up to 28-10.

49ers have looked fairly potent in that 5 receiver set though. Still a ways to go.

49ers have looked fairly potent in that 5 receiver set though. Still a ways to go.

No run game means the INT's will inevitably come though.

missed a long td there. just a bit more air

Andy Lee wishes he could punt in Denver all the time - 71 yards - no return.

• Advertisement

That might do it though. Nice run from Hillman. Making the most of his chance as starter. Hard to see Monee Ball resuming once he's fit.

That's unluncky. Hopefully not too serious. The niners sure seem to have more than their fair share of injuries.

Too many injuries to be competitive in a game like this.

Next is bye week followed by Rams and Saints. Probably need to win both of those, start to get players back after that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Broncos are good but 49ers are absolutely pants.

Broncos better not run up the score again, my opponent in fantasy has Hillman, J Thomas and McManus. I was winning the matchup by 40 points coming into this game. Now i'm only up by 10 going into the 4th.

Too many injuries to be competitive in a game like this.

Next is bye week followed by Rams and Saints. Probably need to win both of those, start to get players back after that.

Arizona going into a tough stretch of their schedule over the next 4/5 weeks. A couple of wins from SF and SEA should see the division tighten up.

Hazys wrote: »
    Broncos are good but 49ers are absolutely pants.

Broncos better not run up the score again, my opponent in fantasy has Hillman, J Thomas and McManus. I was winning the matchup by 40 points coming into this game. Now i'm only up by 10 going into the 4th.

A bit harsh, they had their chance at 21-10 with the ball and again at 28-10 when Kaep missed an open TD.

I have Sanders on my team and he's had 2 sure TDs taken away by blatant PI in the endzone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

A bit harsh, they had their chance at 21-10 with the ball and again at 28-10 when Kaep missed an open TD.

I have Sanders on my team and he's had 2 sure TDs taken away by blatant PI in the endzone.

TBH i only started watching the game since the second half (was watching the Walking Dead :o), so the first play i practically saw was the terrible INT followed up by a quick Thomas TD. So all ive seen is them completely giving up.

Hazys wrote: »
    TBH i only started watching the game since the second half (was watching the Walking Dead :o), so the first play was the terrible INT followed up by a quick Thomas TD. So all ive seen is them completely giving up.

Fair enough, the niners were unlucky in the first half with a missed FG and a dropped TD. They had actually outgained Denver in the first half. It has been fairly one way since the half.

kryogen wrote: »
    The question coming to mind is will this be the season big Tom in Big Blue gets the bullet? Time for a change? A fresh approach? A younger man?

I do enjoy the woes of course.

Need a change at this stage. Next few weeks will be rough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭padraig_f

- Manning was awesome last night, breaking the record in style, and with typical class. His arm looks stronger to me this year. I'd read how the doctors told him the strength would gradually come back, and I think you can see that this year. The 40-yard touchdown pass to Demariyus Thomas in the end-zone, I don't think he was throwing last year.

- I was watching the game this morning on condensed view, and when the 49ers had their first 3-and-out, I said 'they're going to get hammered', because you could see the beaten-up offensive line wasn't holding up. Criticism of Kaepernick I think is unfair in that game, I thought he played well, just had no chance with the o-line.

He had one fantastic drive under the circumstances when they drove from their own 13, down 14-0, and should've ended in a touchdown, but Boldin dropped the ball in the end-zone. Would've been 14-7, but 14-3 instead, and in the form Manning was in, they were never going to keep up.

- There's a right way and a wrong way to lose. The 49ers lost with honour, they were outmatched, but they fought and competed and did the best with what they had. The wrong way to lose was on show at Soldier Field yesterday with a pathetic all round performance, which has happened too often this season. Rookie sensation, Kyle Fuller, broke his hand and the season is looking like unravelling now for the Bears.

- I loved the Rams' fake punt to beat the Seahawks. My initial thought was 'wow, that's gutsy', to do from their own 18. But thinking about it after, it was also smart. They were ahead by 2, and with 4 downs to work from, it would've been almost impossible to stop the Seahawks getting into field goal range. So they do the fake punt, which maybe has a 50% chance, but much higher I think than stopping the Seahawks. The percentage play, but still gutsy because Fisher would've been crucified if they didn't convert it. Great day for the Rams' special teams all round with the cool misdirection on the punt return.

- Cowboys leading the league at 6-1. Who'd have thought it? (I had them down for 4-12 before the season). Rod Marinelli is doing an unbelievable job there with a defense that has had major injury problems. I don't think they're as good as their record, but obviously out-performing expectations.

Bad news about fuller. I had him as DROY for the season so far.

Agree the 49ers were completely outmatched, just need to hang on until the reinforcements arrive.

• Advertisement
Advertisement