Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inspection of solar hot water for snag

Options
  • 14-10-2014 10:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

Hi,
    Could anyone recommend someone to do a snag inspection of a solar hot water system in Dublin region. This is a new build and we have had the house snagged by an architect and he advised us to have it checked and he hasn't the expertise to do it.

PM me the details.
    Or if any general issues and pointers I should look out for You can post them up.
    Thanks in advanced

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 757 ✭✭✭John T Carroll

Hi,
    Could anyone recommend someone to do a snag inspection of a solar hot water system in Dublin region. This is a new build and we have had the house snagged by an architect and he advised us to have it checked and he hasn't the expertise to do it.

PM me the details.
    Or if any general issues and pointers I should look out for You can post them up.
    Thanks in advanced

You don't state whether E.Tubes/F.Plate installation, I think I read here somewhere that if E.Tubes are fitted in a new build that some installers have the tubes turned 180 Degrees to prevent overheat damage while awaiting commissioning so that should be checked out as well as the system pressure which will be displayed on a pressure gauge on the pump station which should be somewhere in the 1.5 Bar to 2.5 Bar range.
    You could also download the manual for the Solar Controller and familiarise
    yourself with it. Overall I think it would be a few Euros well spent to get a bit of expert help.

Advertisement