Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Android 5.0 and Nexus announcement thread!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭droidman123

Yes i would agree with wayne above,i use quick pic all the time,never had any issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I've been getting that issue with chrome for about a month now, on 4.4.4 . Seems like it's forgetting the default action every time I click on s YouTube link in the browser. Annoying, but I don't think it's linked to lollipop.

I think it is linked to Lollipop, or Chrome - I never got it previous to 5.0 and its happened me loads with the update....

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭illdoit2morrow

Lollipop out for nexus 4 if anyone is interested in flashing it.

Not that impressed with Lollipop on my nexus 7 2012, a bit of googling has told me it's not really up to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,657 ✭✭✭corkie

Lollipop out for nexus 4 if anyone is interested in flashing it.

Not that impressed with Lollipop on my nexus 7 2012, a bit of googling has told me it's not really up to it.

I agree! If the next lollipop update doesn't resolve some issues with the Nexus 7(2012).
    I will probably do a proper wipe and install 4.4.4 again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭projectgtr

I've been getting that issue with chrome for about a month now, on 4.4.4 . Seems like it's forgetting the default action every time I click on s YouTube link in the browser. Annoying, but I don't think it's linked to lollipop.

Just on the gallery, have you tried the HTC camera app? It's a standalone app now, and if you have a device that it'll work on , the gallery in it is really nice.

Another gallery worth looking at is QuickPic. I have an M7, so I'm happy with the HTC gallery, but quickpic seems very highly rated.

The more I read into it its looking like its over a patent dispute with apple >:( if it is true that's ridiculous.

Cheers for the suggestions I'll give them a look now the stock "photos" app is shockingly bad imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭laoisfan

corkie wrote: »
    I agree! If the next lollipop update doesn't resolve some issues with the Nexus 7(2012).
    I will probably do a proper wipe and install 4.4.4 again.

Agree, have the 2012 Nexus 7 as well and not impressed. Lagging, certain apps just closing of a sudden. Hopefully they can address with an update, else I'll flash 4.4.4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

Anyone know if the Ulster Bank App works on Android 5.0? I know has broken in the past sometimes with updates.

I'm aware SkyGo won't work with Android 5.0. Any other big apps that are having trouble with the upgrade?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭laoisfan

Dudda wrote: »
    Anyone know if the Ulster Bank App works on Android 5.0? I know has broken in the past sometimes with updates.

I'm aware SkyGo won't work with Android 5.0. Any other big apps that are having trouble with the upgrade?

Not sure but the Bank of Ireland B365 app does not work (I've reported it to BOI in the Talk to section of Boards.ie). They'll have a fix out by 1st December apparently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

MXPlayer is the same, they should have an update out in the next few days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭droidman123

MXPlayer is the same, they should have an update out in the next few days

yeah I have been waiting for the mx player update. bs player works fine on 5.0 though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,517 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

laoisfan wrote: »
    Not sure but the Bank of Ireland B365 app does not work (I've reported it to BOI in the Talk to section of Boards.ie). They'll have a fix out by 1st December apparently.

Thanks for that, wasn't sure if it was just me it wasn't working and didn't get around to reporting it! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Thanks for that, wasn't sure if it was just me it wasn't working and didn't get around to reporting it! :)

I reported it aswell, back on the second dev preview. Also confirmed they will have an update out in the next few weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,517 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Ste- wrote: »
    I reported it aswell, back on the second dev preview. Also confirmed they will have an update out in the next few weeks.

Thanks Ste-

The website works fine in chrome anyway, if you don't mind using that as a workaround! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 673 ✭✭✭blobbie

Sideloaded lollipop OTA to Nexus 7-2013 last night.

Establishing Wifi connectivity seems to be a bit patchy, probably 50-50 hit or miss when I power up.

A quick flick in/out of Airplane mode appears to resolve - a PITA but will do until fix provided

http://www.phonesreview.co.uk/2014/11/14/nexus-users-reporting-android-5-0-lollipop-wifi-problems/

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭ROAAAR

I wish it would happen already

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Working fine....

I can see the - in my balance.... :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,085 ✭✭✭paddydriver

Usual sh1te with SkyGo.. still doesn't work on my Note 4 even though these days they let you install it, logon to it, go to watch something.. then tell you its doesn't work on your phone:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭MonsterMob

Has anyone managed to update to Lollipop OTA rather that manually doing it?

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭DoBhrionn

MonsterMob wrote: »
    Has anyone managed to update to Lollipop OTA rather that manually doing it?

Currently downloading now for the N5. Nothing on the N10 as of yet. 479.5 Mb of fresh Android OS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭MaceFace

Just updated OTA.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭MonsterMob

MaceFace wrote: »
    Just updated OTA.

Will just have to be more patient so!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

What phones are updating ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭MaceFace

What phones are updating ?

Should have said. Nexus 5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭100gSoma

Edit- success. App still works on lollipop. Hooray.

Just saw Fieldogs post about UB app. Thanks. Will update now.

Came here to ask this specifically. Got the update OTA officially on my nexus 5. Haven't installed though. I was without the UB app for 2 months after the jellybean fiasco.
    I'm going to safely assume that the UB app won't work and will hold off on updating unless anyone can confirm it works?

Thanks

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Nothing OTA for me on N5 or N10 yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,111 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Nexus 7 updating now 312Mb OTA

excited!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 428 ✭✭wayne0308

I was just about to open this thread on my phone and I got the notification to upgrade OTA, I've a nexus 5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,111 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Unsure if its required, but doing it after most updates and it always seems to be snappier on the 7

http://www.robschmuecker.com/fix-nexus-7-lag/

couple of simple steps to clear the cache partition.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Carrollman

System update just came up for me..quick question though. I'm currently have a set up with stock and xposed framework. If I want to update is it a case of just uninstalling the framework and then downloading OTA?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 992 ✭✭✭danger_mouse_tm

Does anyone know how to get widgets onto the home screen? I don't see a widgets tab at the top of my nexus 9 when I press menu. I have swiped as far as I can from right to left on both the home screen and the menu screen and no widgets there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 273 ✭✭robcon

Sweet just noticed my nexus 4 has the lollipop OTA system update ready to download!

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭DoBhrionn

Does anyone know how to get widgets onto the home screen? I don't see a widgets tab at the top of my nexus 9 when I press menu. I have swiped as far as I can from right to left on both the home screen and the menu screen and no widgets there.

Press and Hold an empty space on your home screen. It should appear near the bottom of the screen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Stupid question time .
    Whats screen pinning ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Gatling wrote: »
    Stupid question time .
    Whats screen pinning ?

So say you've that friend, that one we all have, take a look at this.... *Opens gallery and looks through pictures*

Well if you've one of them, you can for example pin the calculator app and then unless they know your unlock code they can't use any other app other than that.

Works well neat feature IMO!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 673 ✭✭✭blobbie

Gatling wrote: »
    Stupid question time .
    Whats screen pinning ?

Main Lollipop new features covered here http://www.droid-life.com/tag/android-5-0-feature/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Just got OTA update on Nexus 2013. Lollipop now :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭caolfx

Still waiting...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭paconnors

caolfx wrote: »
    Still waiting...

Same Here Nexus 7 2013

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭mobby

paconnors wrote: »
    Same Here Nexus 7 2013
    and here :(

^^ I got it means it has started to come through in this part of the world. Everyone will be getting it soon I guess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Came through on the girlfriends N4 this evening. Have they removed the battery percentage display from notification bar? Cant find anywhere to turn it on.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭ROAAAR

I think I hate it :/

^^ Yes thats been removed.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

So is the Gallery gone? It's vanished from mine after I updated today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Quick pic is pretty good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Never got why they had Photos and Gallery. Never used photos. Ah well.

One thing I like is the look of the new messenger app. Since that updated last week I have stopped using hangouts. Much better.

Hate the new calendar though. A 5day portrait view is bull****. Really disappointed.

Just waiting on my OTA... tick tock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,657 ✭✭✭corkie

Came through on the girlfriends N4 this evening. Have they removed the battery percentage display from notification bar? Cant find anywhere to turn it on.

Battery Percent for KitKat/L

Or HD widgets has a widget that display battery percent along with other toggles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Have the Nexus 7 (2012), just got the message on the status bar that 5.0 is available. Downloading at the mo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 366 ✭✭Mayo Yid

Ruu wrote: »
    Have the Nexus 7 (2012), just got the message on the status bar that 5.0 is available. Downloading at the mo.

It's not a great experience on the nexus 7 2012, it lags.

• Advertisement
Advertisement