Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O2 Presale

Options
  • 14-10-2014 11:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭

Sorry if this has been posted before, I did a search but couldn't find what I was looking for.
    I am hoping to buy tickets in the O2 presale to give as a present. Is this okay or would I, the o2 customer, have to be there for the concert?
    Are you able to pick the tickets you want, as in standing or seated? I only want standing so if I can't get them I'll wait for the main sale.
    I want to get a hard copy of the tickets but I have seen that the hard copy only comes two weeks before the event, is this true? The tickets will be a present so I would prefer to actually have the tickets to give.
    Thanks for any help, I've never bought on ticket master so I'm just hoping I do it right!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭sabrewulf

here's the answers:

[...] to buy tickets in the O2 presale to give as a present. Is this okay or would I, the o2 customer, have to be there for the concert?

-> That's no problem. Your name will be on the side of the ticket, but everybody can use them (there were only 2 or 3 exceptions to this in the past and it was clearly communicated before and during the buying process).

Are you able to pick the tickets you want, as in standing or seated? I only want standing so if I can't get them I'll wait for the main sale.

-> The presale is perfect for standing tickets, you can get them there. (They also have some seated, but these are usually the worst seats available, so the presale is ONLY useful for standing tickets)

I want to get a hard copy of the tickets but I have seen that the hard copy only comes two weeks before the event, is this true?

-> Generally this is (unfortunately) correct: Ticketmaster waits until the very last moment for sending out the tickets. Sometimes they literally arrive 1 or 2 days before the event, even though they were ordered and paid 11 months on advance. The only exceptions I have seen for this were gigs for which they had very low sales. For these the tickets were sent out earlier.

The tickets will be a present so I would prefer to actually have the tickets to give.

-> The only (presale) option I can think of for this is the "box office collection" option. The concert goers would eventually get hard tickets at the venue, still it would leave you with a computer printout voucher only to hand over as a gift for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭CookieMonster.x

Thank you for the information, I think I will just go to a box office so I have the actual tickets. Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement