Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cimin Mor, Knocknacarra

Options
  • 15-10-2014 12:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭

Hi, just wondering if anyone any idea what this estate is like?
    My partner and i are thinking of buying here.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

saraj14 wrote: »
    Hi, just wondering if anyone any idea what this estate is like?
    My partner and i are thinking of buying here.

Its a decent estate been built a good few years never heard of any problems there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Good estate, unless you need to get in and out around school start and finish time. Gaelscoil in there at the moment. They are getting a new building opposite Aviva. Their old school building will then be taken over by Educate Together, Knocknacarra.
    Otherwise very handy for red bus, Silverstrand, Cappagh Park and Barna Woods.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

In my experience all estates connecting to Cappagh Road are good. I've lived around the area and never heard of any bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Otherwise very handy for red bus, Silverstrand, Cappagh Park and Barna Woods.

How reliable are the red buses? Where I used to live, the red bus was the closest to the house. They seemed to show up randomly. Granted that was a good 5 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

How reliable are the red buses? Where I used to live, the red bus was the closest to the house. They seemed to show up randomly. Granted that was a good 5 years ago.

They have improved greatly. Used to have massive problems with them years ago, but they seem to have learned from past mistakes. Now delays are mostly down to traffic problems/jams. Also drivers seem to know their routes now, which wasn't always the case in the "old days". Overall fairly happy with the service, not much difference to BE.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭catgalway

Living there and fully agree with all of the above...I'm close to the school so traffic in annoying as you can't reverse out due to the nice people in their nice cars lined up along the road...but that is really the worst thing I can think of.There is a resident association and they are starting up a neighbourhood watch scheme soon,flower planting etc so you can get involved in the community if that's your thing :)

Advertisement