Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solicitor in celbridge/leixlip/maynooth

Options
  • 15-10-2014 1:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Hi,
    I will be selling my house soon, I am looking for a good solicitor who charges reasonable rates in the celbridge/maynooth/leixlip area. Anyone got any recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

I sold a house 3 years ago and found all solicitors in the area were looking for a percentage.

I used this guy who charged a flat fee. Not one for chewing the fat but his service was flawless. The outlays mentioned were only €25.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,892 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Two years ago they were all charging 800+VAT + the other fees; everyone does move in tandem. I went with Fionnuala Hegarty as they got back to me quickest and everything went fine.

Dropped in to sign the forms a few days later and she'd done all the planning and legal searches, and I've a feeling she may have physically dropped a document down to the vendors solicitors on closing day rather than DXing it and it taking another weekend as she called me herself while out of the office to say the keys were ready.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 chops27

Hey thanks guys! I looked up Robert Sweeney, he doesn't seem to have a very good reputation!! The below thread fairly slates him!! I will contact Fionnula tomorrow! Cheers

Just tried to post but I'm not allowed post urls cause I'm a new user!! Just put Robert Sweeney into the boards search engine and you see the thread I'm talking about!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

chops27 wrote: »
    Hey thanks guys! I looked up Robert Sweeney, he doesn't seem to have a very good reputation!! The below thread fairly slates him!! I will contact Fionnula tomorrow! Cheers

Just tried to post but I'm not allowed post urls cause I'm a new user!! Just put Robert Sweeney into the boards search engine and you see the thread I'm talking about!

I can only speak from experience and I found him flawless. At the time none of the locals would do flat fee and I had some fairly choice replies when I asked! One solicitor in Maynooth was nothing short of rude.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭2011abc

Hey thanks guys! I looked up Robert Sweeney, he doesn't seem to have a very good reputation!!

Thats putting it mildly .Id strongly suggest people do a search as suggested .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭fmc3105

Hi have used Paul Stack on Maynooth Main Street and found it very honest and professional.

Thank you, I went with Fiona mulhern in Celbridge, so far so good! Thanks for all the help!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 GreenwayM

I thought that they were not allowed charge a % now or is that PI cases?

What about Hanahoes in Naas? I used them on a different matter and found them good.

Maybe not the cheapest but they are a big enough practice

Hey guys,
    Any suggestions for a surveyor in the same area, just went sale agreed!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Vision01

Robert Sweeney Solicitor ceased practising earlier this year cannot post a link but if you look up Robert Sweeney Solicitor you can read all about it in the Donegal Democrat.

Some of us who used him have still not had resolution to our problems - if you are one of them please feel free to message me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,326 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Vision01 wrote: »
    Robert Sweeney Solicitor ceased practising earlier this year cannot post a link but if you look up Robert Sweeney Solicitor you can read all about it in the Donegal Democrat.

Some of us who used him have still not had resolution to our problems - if you are one of them please feel free to message me.

Here you go

http://www.donegaldemocrat.ie/news/donegal-news/donegal-solicitor-agrees-to-cease-practising-1-5852096

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭jethrothe2nd

We used Field solicitors and found them ok (we were buying rather than selling). Wouldn't have anything negative to say about them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭William F

David Powderly is based in Kilcock. I only know of him through a criminal matter. Not sure if he deals in civil matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Cheezeweasel

I've just used Hegarthys in Maynooth to close on a property in Celbridge. Very happy with them in terms of price and how they went about their business

• Registered Users Posts: 68,892 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Used Hegartys in 2013, no problems. Liked the fact they don't do criminal defense etc meaning that the solicitor is more likely to be there when you need them to rather than in court.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Ranita

Thank you, I went with Fiona mulhern in Celbridge, so far so good! Thanks for all the help!

Hi there, can you let me know how you got on with Fiona? Looking for a realible solicitor locally. Thanks

Advertisement