Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visiting home

Options
  • 15-10-2014 2:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭

Hey guys,

I'm looking into heading back home for a visit, and I've got it narrowed down to either Christmas or a big event in the local community. There are ups and downs to either, that's a personal thing.

I want to get home in the next few months, but I don't want to get turned away when I get back here. Just wondering, what do I need to do? What paperwork do I need for when I return? Do I need stuff from the bank?

Also, I've heard horror stories about guys getting told their insurance was voided by leaving the country by border control when they got back and not being allowed re-entry, even though everything else was on the up and up. Is that accurate? Where is that in the insurance form (I'm with Bestquote, if that's any help)?

And any advice on who to fly with?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Scruffy19

Jesus I have no idea where you heard all that from!

All you need is your passport and ur visa (which should be stapled into one if the pages!) Thats all :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

You don't need insurance to enter Canada

• Registered Users Posts: 4 smr07

So just to double check, we don't need to complete any special forms, on the way out or returning to Canada, when we visit home! Scared that it would someone make my IEC work permit not valid and they won't let me back into Canada!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Jonty

smr07 wrote: »
    So just to double check, we don't need to complete any special forms, on the way out or returning to Canada, when we visit home! Scared that it would someone make my IEC work permit not valid and they won't let me back into Canada!

that's all you need.

Advertisement