Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Food options near Dolans Limerick

• 15-10-2014 9:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Can anyone recommend somewhere nice to get dinner that's within walking distance of Dolans?

Thank you :-)

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Nomad_wcc wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend somewhere nice to get dinner that's within walking distance of Dolans?

Dolans itself???

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭timesnewroman

I haven't been, but The French Table is close by and is reputed to be lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Nomad_wcc

Fair point Cookiemunster!

Haven't eaten there before though - can you recommend?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Nomad_wcc

Thanks timesnewroman, will check that out ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Freddies bistro and brimstone are a short enough walk away. The clarion across the road has food and then you have Dolans itself. Bobby Byrnes does lovely food too and is also a short enough walk.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

TBH it's a 3 or 4 years since I was last in there, but I've never heard anything bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭squonk

La Picola Italia isn't far and is good. There's also Thai Gourmet too just up from there. Once you go past the Garda station there isn't much after that bar chippers and a Dominos which is probably not what you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭secondrowgal

They do a mean stew, but anything that I have had there has been scrum-diddly-umptious!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

I would recommend Brimstone. Fantastic food and reasonably priced too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭davo2001

I would recommend Brimstone. Fantastic food and reasonably priced too.

Unfortunately I cannot say the same, tried it twice, food was average at best and service was one of the worst I've ever experienced.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

davo2001 wrote: »
    Unfortunately I cannot say the same, tried it twice, food was average at best and service was one of the worst I've ever experienced.

Only been there once myself and I thought the food was fantastic, albeit we were waiting a little longer than expected for the starters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Dolan's itself does daycent food.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Brimstone is okay. Takes a bit long to order at times... some people I know really like it. I think it's fine. Some of the stuff there is very good, others not so good.

Changed the menu recently?

I like the food in Dolans itself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭squonk

Haven't been in Brimstone since about Feb and was only in the once but found it average. It's not bad at all but not particularly brilliant. I live round the corner from it and even that wouldn't put it first on my list!

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭gflann

Never any complaints wwith anything I have eaten in Dolans.
    Great quality wholesome food.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

The food in Dolans was always decent enough, haven't eaten there in a few years now though. My own recommendation would be the Clarion hotel, the Asian food in there is quite decent and it's a lot less formal obviously than the French Table which is very good. Somebody mentioned Bobby Byrnes which I wouldn't have considered close to Dolans but when I thought of it it's actually only up the street, very good food in there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭peckerhead

The French Table on Steamboat Quay is very good, but it ain't cheap.
    Depends what the occasion is, I guess ...and your budget!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

I dont think Dolans food is good at all - Finnegans style food if you ask me. If i was in that area i would go to The French Table, La piccola or Freddys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

Parchment wrote: »
    I dont think Dolans food is good at all - Finnegans style food if you ask me. If i was in that area i would go to The French Table, La piccola or Freddys.
    Had breakfast in Dolan's a few months back and it was rank. Seemed like it had been under the heat for an hour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Iranoutofideas

McGettigans in Limerick Hotel

• Advertisement
Advertisement