Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steped-back NCB with another insurer

Options
  • 15-10-2014 9:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 13,707 ✭✭✭✭

Morning Guys

My current policy is up for renewal at the end of the month and I'll be shopping around various insurers, including yourselves before I renew.

There's something I need to check first, though - I had 9 year's NCB until this July, when I was involved in a minor accident.  I had step-back NCB protection on my policy, so I've now stepped back to 4 years on the NCB scale (58% with my current insurer).

I'm unsure how this applies to other insurer's when I'm getting quotes.  When requesting a quote from you, am I considered to have four years' No Claims Bonus?

Thanks in advance

DH

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 235 Verified rep Liberty Insurance: Sean

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Morning Guys

My current policy is up for renewal at the end of the month and I'll be shopping around various insurers, including yourselves before I renew.

There's something I need to check first, though - I had 9 year's NCB until this July, when I was involved in a minor accident.  I had step-back NCB protection on my policy, so I've now stepped back to 4 years on the NCB scale (58% with my current insurer).

I'm unsure how this applies to other insurer's when I'm getting quotes.  When requesting a quote from you, am I considered to have four years' No Claims Bonus?

Thanks in advance

DH

Hi Dial Hard

Can you PM me your telephone number and I will arrange for someone to contact you and look into this.

Regards

Seán 

• Registered Users Posts: 13,707 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Hi Sean

I'd prefer a yes or no answer so I can get quoted online, tbh, I'm not really in a position to talk on the phone during the day.

Thanks a mill
    DH

• Company Representative Posts: 235 Verified rep Liberty Insurance: Sean

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Hi Sean

I'd prefer a yes or no answer so I can get quoted online, tbh, I'm not really in a position to talk on the phone during the day.

Thanks a mill
    DH

Hi Dial Hard

[font=Garamond", "serif]We would accept your No Claims Discount as advised by your last insurer. Any quotation we offer is based on a number of risk factors entered at the time of quotation, including the car details, driver details, driving experience, address, driving convictions/claims etc. Our opening hours are from 08:00 to 19:00 Monday to Friday or 08:00 to 16:00 on Saturday’s. I can arrange a call back during these times if that would be suitable for you.[/font]

[font=Garamond", "serif]Regards[/font]

[font=Garamond", "serif]Seán[/font]

Advertisement