Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Rant Thread MKII (a new place to dump ur baggage)

1131415161719»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Well the way I see it is you get people coming here looking for advice. Many are inexperienced so may not take it to heart. Then you get the oh jaysus not this crap again crowd. If you're not interested, don't read. Carries on for a bit, then more ah jaysus, we're talking about this still while some runners most of us don't give a crap about is running in some obscure athletics meet, we should be talking about that instead.

Thread gets closed and everyone who disliked it thanks the mod for doing so.

If you simply don't like a thread, don't read or partake in it and drag it into the ****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Well the way I see it is you get people coming here looking for advice. Many are inexperienced so may not take it to heart. Then you get the oh jaysus not this crap again crowd. If you're not interested, don't read. Carries on for a bit, then more ah jaysus, we're talking about this still while some runners most of us don't give a crap about is running in some obscure athletics meet, we should be talking about that instead.

Thread gets closed and everyone who disliked it thanks the mod for doing so.

If you simply don't like a thread, don't read or partake in it and drag it into the ****.

Yeh, because the European Indoor Championships are an obscure athletics meet!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭rom

Again people who take this forum way too seriously. If boards.ie closed in the morning life would go on. You would still run. Many believe that they have to police the forum from newbie posts or things that they don't like.

Only constructive criticism should be allowed.

Chivito550 wrote: »

Don't be so pedantic. And that's all you took from that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

They have athletics indoors now?....

• Advertisement

Don't be so pedantic. And that's all you took from that?

Well it was a very specific remark you made. I made that comment on that thread you were referring to. It's hardly a general remark, when you are being so specific like that.

I've no interest in any of the personal battles people seem to be having with each other, but I do care about the sport, and the fact a stupid thread by a poster who refused to listen to good advice, was getting far more hits than one about the Europeans, where our very exceptional "some runners" were representing our country, did frustrate me. You wouldn't see it on any other sports forum. Try the rugby forum yesterday, what was the main discussion thread, one about the Wales game, or one by some lad weighing 9 stone looking to play in the front row but not wanting to hit the gym?

Well it was a very specific remark you made. I made that comment on that thread you were referring to. It's hardly a general remark, when you are being so specific like that.

And the relevance to that thread was what exactly? Why were you annoyed that they were not talking about what you wanted? There was a thread on the championships so why did you feel the need to stick your oar in and derail rather than ignore?

And the relevance to that thread was what exactly? Why were you annoyed that they weren't talking about what you wanted?

My point was a general remark at how things operate in this forum. It's one of the only sports forums where the poorest participants get more discussion than the finest performers. That was my point. It was a simple remark to give my opinion that this forum is flawed when compared to other sports forums. That thread just brought it out in me (again).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

My point was a general remark at how things operate in this forum. It's one of the only sports forums where the poorest participants get more discussion than the finest performers. That was my point. It was a simple remark to give my opinion that this forum is flawed when compared to other sports forums. That thread just brought it out in me (again).

As a matter of interest would that be unique to boards.ie ? Would there be other running related forums also with relatively poor performers were elite discussion dominates ? Genuine question.

As a matter of interest would that be unique to boards.ie ? Would there be other running related forums also with relatively poor performers were elite discussion dominates ? Genuine question.

Possibly. I don't really read any other forums except for Letsrun which is more elite discussion based (though not 100%). Problem with that site is it is so poorly designed and full of trolls, it can be hard to bother with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭physiopad

And the relevance to that thread was what exactly? Why were you annoyed that they were not talking about what you wanted? There was a thread on the championships so why did you feel the need to stick your oar in and derail rather than ignore?

This is the kinda stuff we could do without

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

Jaysus lads ye post some sh1t in here^^^^.

He said/she said over there where tra la lalaaala tada.

FFS.

Unfollow Button save me now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 78 ✭✭watercarrier

Jaysus lads ye post some sh1t in here^^^^.

He said/she said over there where tra la lalaaala tada.

FFS.

Unfollow Button save me now.

IVe been close to tears all morning and this guy posts this. I don't even know what to say? Mods....MODS!!!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I've got 20 miles in the legs today that I need to recover from and don't need this so...

Thread closed for now. Infractions may follow when one of us gets round looking back through the thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement