Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Next Generation iPad/s - 16th October Announcement

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

There's a lot of iPads available which is good.

The pricing is still a lot compared with say the Nexus 7 but €249 starting point for apple is very good IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,906 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

The Mini has always been an afterthought. We should be grateful they didn’t discontinue it.

Last year it was on par with the Air apart from the display quality. Surprised they didn't continue with that logic this year. It's a fantastic tablet & I would choose it over the larger iPad every time.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

FourFourFM wrote: »
    Last year it was on par with the Air apart from the display quality. Surprised they didn't continue with that logic this year. It's a fantastic tablet & I would choose it over the larger iPad every time.

I meant the Mac Mini.

I meant the Mac Mini.

Ah ok. Point still stands with regard to this year. Shame it doesn't appear to have the A8X chip. Why didn't they reveal what is inside it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭adam88

Ah ok. Point still stands with regard to this year. Shame it doesn't appear to have the A8X chip. Why didn't they reveal what is inside it?

When do we find out that info ???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Anything about new Ipod touch? I don't see anything on website.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

We already know. It’s an A7. That’s why they didn’t tell us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

Is the only difference in the Mini Retina 2 & 3 the Touch ID sensor? I've always wanted an iPad Mini...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 600 ✭✭✭iniall

We already know. It’s an A7. That’s why they didn’t tell us.

It's an A8X:

http://www.apple.com/ie/ipad-air-2/specs/

• Advertisement

iniall wrote: »

We are speaking about iPad Mini 3, which is running last years A7.

iniall wrote: »

I’m talking about the iPad Mini 2. Which is still an A7.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 600 ✭✭✭iniall

We are speaking about iPad Mini 3, which is running last years A7.

Doh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Not even dollar to Euro parity on the Irish store. Taking the p1ss.

New iPad Mini €409
    New iPad Air €509

They have actually increased their prices here!

I have that they just convert directly from $ to €, well now they're actually charging more on top!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

adox wrote: »

Differing VAT. S'why.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Lucas Castroman

Too rich for my blood, I'm out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭KeithM89

New iPad Air €509

€488 for 'Edu' pricing.
    Must dig out the old student ID :P

An extra tenner due to exchange rate fluctuations, who cares? There’s more important thing to be annoyed about, like the joke of an iPad Mini update. Or the Mac Mini which Apple should have just put out of its misery. Or the fact they are still only putting 16GB in their low end iOS devices.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,531 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

adox wrote: »

Don't forget the US prices exclude taxes whist the Irish ones do, the difference is not that much really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 filcone

does the new ipad have a bigger screen than the ipad 2? I cant find info on this.

filcone wrote: »
    does the new ipad have a bigger screen than the ipad 2? I cant find info on this.

Nope! IPad Pro will come next year... If we're lucky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Any info on the iPad Air 2 release for Ireland? Got lost in all that info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

There’s more important thing to be annoyed about, like the joke of an iPad Mini update.

Is it 100 Euro extra for the TouchID ?
    They look identical when I read the specs, but surely there is no reason to buy the new mini?

Or what am I missing here?

Engadget - "a modestly updated tablet with some more familiar looks". I'm not even sure it needs an article :)

I'm seeing the iPad Mini 2 as a no brainer... tell me I'm right ha

filcone wrote: »

No, all larger Ipads have the same 9.3 inch screen.

symbolic wrote: »
    Is it 100 Euro extra for the TouchID ?
    They look identical when I read the specs, but surely there is no reason to buy the new mini?

Correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭boreder

murpho999 wrote: »
    Don't forget the US prices exclude taxes whist the Irish ones do, the difference is not that much really.

Exactly.

€10 difference in the pre-tax prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 filcone

Nope! IPad Pro will come next year... If we're lucky.

Thanks, Il prob wait for that so. Only reason id get a new one is a bigger screen.

An extra tenner due to exchange rate fluctuations, who cares? There’s more important thing to be annoyed about, like the joke of an iPad Mini update. Or the Mac Mini which Apple should have just put out of its misery. Or the fact they are still only putting 16GB in their low end iOS devices.

Apple aren't the only company that do this.

Yes the Americans prices are excluding tax but their taxes are miniscule compared to ours, 7.5% seems to be fairly common vs 23%.

It's so unfair to just convert straight from $ to € and add on €10 for the sake of it!

• Advertisement

Apple aren't the only company that do this.

Yes the Americans prices are excluding tax but their taxes are miniscule compared to ours, 7.5% seems to be fairly common vs 23%.

It's so unfair to just convert straight from $ to € and add on €10 for the sake of it!

Seriously get over it, Ireland is always dearer, more costs here, plus shipping plus other costs in Ireland.

Happens all the time not just Apple.

Advertisement