Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

City away 18.10.2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Never a red, Moss is a very poor ref.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Dave11

Red card my arse! Very poor refeering.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Game over. Was an uphill battle after the penalty, but Fazio was stupid there and Lamella was awful.

As much as i like Soldado, i think he's had enough chances now to prove himself and he's just not up to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Never a red, Moss is a very bought ref.

Fixed for ya. Premier league refereeing is an utter disgrace.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

All Danny roses fault caused panic according to the sky sports news

• Advertisement

I was really enjoying the match, the sending off has once again spoiled the game. So far we've not capitulated, which is very positive.

I was really enjoying the match, the sending off has once again spoiled the game. So far we've not capitulated, which is very positive.

Surprisingly I think we deserved a draw from this game. If not for the ref and Soldado we could have got it.

Things do look reasonably positive for the future.

Aguero, no stopping him....

So far we've not capitulated, which is very positive.

So far :(

It was game over after the red card, so i don't really care anymore. Turned it off anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Jason 5pu45

Younes Kaboul-sh1t,Fazi-no,Eric Dire and Danny Woes.thats our back 4 absolute focking useless

• Advertisement

irishmover wrote: »
    Surprisingly I think we deserved a draw from this game. If not for the ref and Soldado we could have got it.

Things do look reasonably positive for the future.

They do, whatever the outcome, we created plenty, we need clinical finishers. Aguero's been the difference today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

It's a bit much to hear people slagging off players when they aren't even watching the game ...

The game is over but the scoreline flatters city. I didn't think lamela was bad, he has a great touch and is always capable of playing someone through unlike his replacement Townsend

If we want to blame anyone today then it's soldado. Chance to make it level and put city to the sword and he misses it. That's just soldado since he joined spurs - a flop . His time is up now

Kiith wrote: »
    So far :(

It was game over after the red card, so i don't really care anymore. Turned it off anyway.

Each to there own, personally I find that attitude severally lacking in a supporter.

mickman wrote: »
    It's a bit much to hear people slagging off players when they aren't even watching the game ...

The game is over but the scoreline flatters city. I didn't think lamela was bad, he has a great touch and is always capable of playing someone through unlike his replacement Townsend

If we want to blame anyone today then it's soldado. Chance to make it level and put city to the sword and he misses it. That's just soldado since he joined spurs - a flop . His time is up now

What did he contribute today?

Finally, someone else has come to their senses.

Harry Kane would have buried that. Thats saying a lot for Soldado.

I'd have to disagree with that. He had a few decent touches, but was constantly throwing his hands up and wandering around. Nowhere near good enough, and on days like this, we need players who get stuck in.

I'm not saying Townsend was better (and i never, ever will), but he had a bad day today.
    Each to there own, personally I find that attitude severally lacking in a supporter.

I don't. I've seen us do this too often, and don't fancy watching it again this early on a Saturday afternoon. I'll keep an eye on the live text, but don't fancy seeing City just stroll around for 20 minutes. Overall, it was positive, and if Soldado hasn't missed that penalty, we could have gotten something from the game.

Our defence is a shambles.we keep giving away pens/ getting sent off.

Just saw a city player go down in the box and the ref not award a penalty.. What's going on?? Oh wait.. 4-1 and game is over!

What did he contribute today?

What did Chadli contribute ? Or soldado ? Yet they weren't replsced

I just think lamela has the ability to pick a pass at any stage - he doesn't have to play well all game to do that

Positives to take from today is Mason is growing in confidence. Eriksen is our best outfield player and Lloris is almost capable of making up for our **** defence.

• Advertisement

Should have just got a penalty.

Pray lads that we never get this referee again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Lloris and Mason did well, eriksen ok, the rest were rubbish

I know there was plenty of positives but city were not great today and were there for the taking.We seem to be the masters of shooting ourselves in the foot.im getting pissed off looking at our defending.We have not got a decent defender at the club

What did Chadli contribute ? Or soldado ? Yet they weren't replsced

I just think lamela has the ability to pick a pass at any stage - he doesn't have to play well all game to do that

"Has"...I can't think of anything he performed today, defending/forward play/winning tackles. He looked great against QPR, even I was fooled.

Chadli's our top goal scorer.

Anyhoo...We all know Soldado has been a flop, he missed a peno, it happens. His previous record was decent, didn't work out, move on. Then you have Snugglepuss shaking every single persons hand affiliated with City before the game. That's what our manager has to work with.

Personally the score line sucks balls, but I'll take the positives. Are you going with another loss in the next game Mick?

Sherwood...tells it like it is. Never any shít about the guy.

"Has"...I can't think of anything he performed today, defending/forward play/winning tackles. He looked great against QPR, even I was fooled.

Chadli's our top goal scorer.

Anyhoo...We all know Soldado has been a flop, he missed a peno, it happens. His previous record was decent, didn't work out, move on. Then you have Snugglepuss shaking every single persons hand affiliated with City before the game. That's what our manager has to work with.

Personally the score line sucks balls, but I'll take the positives. Are you going with another loss in the next game Mick?

Snuggle puss??

Nope. I reckon we will batter newcastle next week at home. I thought we played very well today

Snuggle puss??

Nope. I reckon we will batter newcastle next week at home. I thought we played very well today

Ade. Well that's what I call him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Very well??
    We got stuffed.
    Yes we did well at times on the attack, but every time City attacked they looked like scoring, our back 4 was all over the place all day.

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Very well??
    We got stuffed.
    Yes we did well at times on the attack, but every time City attacked they looked like scoring, our back 4 was all over the place all day.

We didn't get stuffed. If we scored the Peno then we could have gone on to win it

It's like ireland v Germany. We were never going to go to city and dominate the possession so yes we did well and thd dcoreline flattered them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭gar

It was a better result and performance than either of last seasons. Before this game we all had it written off as a defeat. Move on.
    Soldado unlucky not to score his peno. He had not missed one yet for us. Bound to happen.
    I'm just raging it want dzeko that scored 4 as he is my captain this week in ff!

Advertisement