Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

City away 18.10.2014

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

mickman wrote: »
    We didn't get stuffed. If we scored the Peno then we could have gone on to win

But we didn't, we got stuffed, got tore a new one and defended like rank amateurs. It sad but it seems we do not have one decent defender in our side, Fazio and Dier both look useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

What game were people watching? Soldado did well in the first half, he led the line well, linked up with his support players well and he assisted the goal. Yes, his peno was poor and it changed the game, but the result isn't his fault. I very much hope he starts against Newcastle because he appears on the same wavelength as Eriksen and Lamela.

Our defending in General was poor and quite worrying. Kaboul with a silly tackle for the peno and Fazio with a silly foul for the red card/peno.

THOUGH, I was delighted with us going forward (including Soldado). I have no doubt that if we weren't playing the league champions then we would have won on today's performance. Mason offered a new dynamic, Eriksen worked well off Soldado and we had a few chances to get on the scoresheet.

If we attack as we did today against Newcastle, then I'm sure we'll win by 3 or 4.

Incidents like Soldado's missed peno change games and today was the most evident version of that...... But I guess that's why we love football.

A lot of positives from today's game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

mushykeogh wrote: »
    But we didn't, we got stuffed, got tore a new one and defended like rank amateurs. It sad but it seems we do not have one decent defender in our side, Fazio and Dier both look useless.

Dier is a good player. The scoreline flattered them - didn't get stuffed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Sherwood...tells it like it is. Never any shít about the guy.

:eek:

we were far from stuffed chaps… we were screwed by two shocking ref decisions. Yes they were the better team, hence lloris being class again, but I reckon we will hammer newcastle next week.. 1-0 :o
    Our forward line is brutal, unfortunately saldado's confidence is shot, but he set up our goal and had a good first half, he did more today than ade has in the last few weeks, and people asking for him to be subbed today haven't a clue, great way to destroy a players confidence even further, but unlike sherwood dropping him after scoring Poch kept him on and hopefully starts him again next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Ref didn't help us but as per usual we didn't help ourselves against the bigger sides.

Plenty of positives to take from it though. We looked the better team in the second half until the red card. We attacked with purpose. Mason & Eriksen combined well. Happy to see some progress in our style of football.

Would have preferred to see Kane on for Lamela.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭golfball37

Only got to see game last night. Terrible penalty from Soldado but his performance was encouraging imo.
    Kaboul was shocking for penalty he gave away, for the captain to do that is poor. Fazio was just brainless.
    No matter how we dress it up it's another heavy defeat against one of the top sides,at the end of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

The back 4 was the problem. You can't play two lumbering giants against Aguero, he's just too fast. Vertonghen should replace Fazio. Rose went missing way too many times. Davies should start the next game. The jury is still out on Dier.

Mason was excellent. I thought Lamela lost his way a bit at times but he showed some bright moments in interplay. Not one of his better games but I think his decision making will improve with time. The movement of our front 4 and Mason caused City a lot of trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Ormus wrote: »
    The back 4 was the problem. You can't play two lumbering giants against Aguero, he's just too fast. Vertonghen should replace Fazio. Rose went missing way too many times. Davies should start the next game. The jury is still out on Dier.

Mason was excellent. I thought Lamela lost his way a bit at times but he showed some bright moments in interplay. Not one of his better games but I think his decision making will improve with time. The movement of our front 4 and Mason caused City a lot of trouble.

It was a carbon copy when Vertonghen came on, he's no pace either.

I'd disagree with Rose as well, he's been solid the last 3-4 games. Hugely improved player under Pochettino.

Dier isn't a RB, he's only a kid, new league to him, he received no protection from Lamela.

Mason looks the business.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Davies should start the next game.

Davies has looked very poor in the games i've seen him play though. I'd love him to come good, as we could do with a really solid LB, but he was awful in the Europa league games.

• Advertisement

if anyone with a strong stomach can watch this clip without hating Adebyor I salute you… no pun intended. If any of them had a set of balls they'd be pulling him up on it, even straight after the defeat hugging and joking etc… at least some of them looked pissed off.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Htxv0_TeHTE

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    It was a carbon copy when Vertonghen came on, he's no pace either.

I'd disagree with Rose as well, he's been solid the last 3-4 games. Hugely improved player under Pochettino.

Dier isn't a RB, he's only a kid, new league to him, he received no protection from Lamela.

Mason looks the business.

Vertonghen isn't lightning but definitely quicker on the turn for me.

We'll have to disagree about Rose. People I was in the pub were laughing every time the City broke down the right and there was no sign of Rose.

I'm not condeming Dier yet. He looks like a nice footballer on the ball. Still learning as a defender though.

Kiith wrote: »
    Davies has looked very poor in the games i've seen him play though. I'd love him to come good, as we could do with a really solid LB, but he was awful in the Europa league games.

I agree he's been ropey, but he's a better defender than Rose and can also cross the ball.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

I agree he's been ropey, but he's a better defender than Rose and can also cross the ball.

Davies has been awful. People give out about lamela but 10 million for this fella was robbery

• Closed Accounts Posts: 366 ✭✭Mayo Yid

In fairness, Rose has been okay this season up to now. Davies hasn't been great but is one for the future, he's under 21 and should settle into it

Advertisement