Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maynooth Ring Road

Options
  • 15-10-2014 11:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭

Does anyone know what the latest plan is for the ring road?

Is it included as a condition in the building of the two new schools. I know its been in the works for longer than most have been alive!

Any links to where it actually runs from / to?

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭rp

Does anyone know what the latest plan is for the ring road?

Is it included as a condition in the building of the two new schools. I know its been in the works for longer than most have been alive!

Any links to where it actually runs from / to?
    Last I heard is they'd run out of money to build it..., but I think the route would have been from Lidl round to Black Lion

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

Here's the route on the Maynooth LAP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

It was also a condition of Moyglare Hall being built. I wouldn't be holding my breath.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,788 ✭✭✭✭L1011

They're reliant on developers building it (as with the bits and pieces which are built running towards hoardings or in to fields...) so the reality of if is that it won't get built until that land is needed for housing.

The Celbridge-Straffan roads section is about 50% built and from memory the remaining section is to run through a small estate of large houses, which if Castlepark's sales are anything to go by would probably be quite popular. The Celbridge Road to Blacklion section is far longer and needs an expensive bridge so we're gonna be waiting.

The western section is pie in the sky, and the north-eastern arc runs through Meath so we'll be waiting for ever for it too. The bit that will eventually get built will still be a huge help in removing traffic from the Main Street and Straffan Road though.

The idea of the council building it themselves seems to have died sometime around the time I was born (I've found a drawing of the route from the Newsletter from before then, anyways!)

The Champion reports that 'very good progress' is being made on the Meath bit of this and seems to think it'll actually start soon - this is the Moyglare Hall to Blacklion arc. This won't relieve the town hugely but will provide a quicker way to the motorway for people in Moyglare Hall/Village/Manor anyway.

I'll see if I can dig up the status of the planning apps its connected to.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 982 ✭✭✭VincePP

Youse can wait your turn. The athy bypass comes first - only waiting since 1973!!!!

VincePP wrote: »
    Youse can wait your turn. The athy bypass comes first - only waiting since 1973!!!!

Ours is intended to be built entirely by private developers (which is why we're waiting about as long), your getting some exchequer funds :pac:

I think its the proposed Moygaddy Park business park - just over the county boundary - that is what is being expected to build this bit of the ringroad. Meath's planning site sucks compared to KCCs and that takes some doing!

Champion shows an indicative map of the Meath section, which will be going in with a planning application for a business park it seems.

If the college keep the north campus gate to the Moyglare Road open I could see this taking a fair bit of traffic off the Main Street but the Kildare sections are what are really needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

One problem lies with the Straffan to Rathcoffey section is funding, due to no development land there. Possibly changes if they move junction as I described elsewhere as NRA would fund it.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭mileycactus

L1011 wrote: »
    Champion shows an indicative map of the Meath section, which will be going in with a planning application for a business park it seems.

If the college keep the north campus gate to the Moyglare Road open I could see this taking a fair bit of traffic off the Main Street but the Kildare sections are what are really needed.
    any online link to that or is the champion only paper copy?

• Advertisement

Champion is paper only bar a few, mostly Leixlip, stories on Facebook

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

Here's a picture

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

L1011 wrote: »

If the college keep the north campus gate to the Moyglare Road open I could see this taking a fair bit of traffic off the Main Street
    but the Kildare sections are what are really needed.

how so? there's already a road (Moygaddy Rd?) between the Moyglare Rd. and Dunbyone Rd.
    If people wanted to avoid the main street to get between Moyglare Rd. and Dunboyne Rd. then surely they're already using that? It's certainly what I and several other people I know already do....

Yes, but, when two secondary schools fo there, it will clog up beyond use while also being lethal.

how so? there's already a road (Moygaddy Rd?) between the Moyglare Rd. and Dunbyone Rd.
    If people wanted to avoid the main street to get between Moyglare Rd. and Dunboyne Rd. then surely they're already using that? It's certainly what I and several other people I know already do....

Its crap and quite far out. This will be shorter and not crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭shoehorn

Stealthirl wrote: »
    Here's a picture

What's the thinking on where the planned Gaelcholáiste will go? There seems to be a good chunk of land behind the Educate Together marked Educational/Community. There?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

shoehorn wrote: »
    What's the thinking on where the planned Gaelcholáiste will go? There seems to be a good chunk of land behind the Educate Together marked Educational/Community. There?

What planned Gaelcholáiste? There is none planned for Maynooth and won't be in the near future. There is an Aonad now in the MCC but that's all there will be for the foreseeable.

That chunk of land behind the ET school is now seeking PP for residential.

€14.5m funding for this, apparently

edit: http://www.labour.ie/emmetstagg/news/14907127842850372.html not much on news sites

Great. Something finally, hopefully a drip feed of other sections soon. Still waiting for the traffic management plan.

• Advertisement

Leinster Leader has it.

Also James Lawless TD suggests Cairn Homes may fund part of Dunboyne to Moyglare. Check his facebook.

ixus wrote: »
    Leinster Leader has it.

Also James Lawless TD suggests Cairn Homes may fund part of Dunboyne to Moyglare. Check his facebook.

There is a plan for an inner arc on that segment that i think Cairn will need to build to make full use of their land bank. The ring road is far too far out

Yeah, i knew that. Read his piece incorrectly......assumed he meant the OOR..... on second reading it's not so clear if he means the OOR or from carton square to Satchwell's...

Lawless:

Good news on roads today as €21 million released for Naas & Maynooth ring roads and Sallins Community Facilities. This will allow the Naas ring road to finally complete, comprising that section from the Blessington road out to the ball. Maynooth will also now see progress on the ring road, that part from the Leixlip road behind Parklands back onto the Celbridge road. I am also dealing with Cairn Homes on the construction of another section of the Maynooth ring road from 'old Dunboyne road' to Moyglare. The funding also includes the million euro acquisition of land bank in Sallins for community and playing fields and is very welcome and was a long time in the making.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

So from reading the statements it won't be the full ring road

Leixlip and Cellbridge roads linked

Moyglare to Dunboyne road (prob at the existing roundabout)

Again I'll believe it when I see it finished. Some many new homes have gone in close to the original proposed route. Meaning anyone there can object to it and hold it up.

All land beside the N4 and most parts of it is zoned agricultural. Prices of which have gone up a **** load in the last 5 years.

Can see it being a shambles.

Council is likely hoping that the NTA or whatever acronym decides to build new interchange and shift its location further West along with funding that section of ring road to college. Could be argued you wouldn't need the Laraghbryan to Moyglare section.

Moyglare Hall to Dunboyne will be completed one way or another. It is just too dangerous to have the schools and that traffic at Moyglare Hall current entrance.

lordgoat wrote: »
    Again I'll believe it when I see it finished. Some many new homes have gone in close to the original proposed route. Meaning anyone there can object to it and hold it up.

The entire route from the Straffan Road to Dublin Road has planning permission. Some is extremely close to expiring; but its not as if this is a new proposal

The Dunboyne to Moylgare Roads bit is completely urelated to this. The plan for that arm of the actual ring road is that it will go from over the county boundary to Moyglare Hall and that is still on track with Meath County Council and also has planning (http://idocswebdpss.meathcoco.ie/iDocsWebDPSS/listFiles.aspx?catalog=planning&id=P816003). Its just another newsbite that Lawless threw in which shows he has fairly poor knowledge of Maynooth.

Land right beside the N4 can't have houses built on it anyway, as there's rules about that. The property line of Straffan Wood/Hayfield shows you what has to be left

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭shoehorn

I've heard the current post primary building may house the new gaelcholáiste, once the new education campus is built.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I've heard the current post primary building may house the new gaelcholáiste, once the new education campus is built.

A 3rd school on the same campus, I suppose it could make sense.

Moonbeam wrote: »
    A 3rd school on the same campus, I suppose it could make sense.

It wouldn't be on the same campus - the two current schools would be on the new campus and the Gaelcholaiste in the old one (likely demolishing the 1971 buildings as they're in rotten condition and the site would be vastly too big)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

sorry, read it wrong.
    I am still angry about the 2 secondary schools.
    I thought the old building would get torn down and something else build on the land.

Advertisement