Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maynooth Ring Road

Options
1235»

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

The ring road was always supposed to go through Griffin Rath though. It was the plan from day one. We were well aware of it when we were house hunting 13 years ago.
    I'd have no sympathy for anyone complaining about it, same as I'd have no sympathy for anyone in Moyglare Hall complaining if that section ever gets built.

No worries dude, enjoy the ring road going through your estate!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,788 ✭✭✭✭L1011

It doesn't actually "go through" the estate, though. There are two estates, each accessed from the ring road with a single vehicular and multiple (actually - I don't think its even multiple) pedestrian accesses to the ring road.

A ring road that has nothing on it is a bypass; and the town has one of those already.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

lordgoat wrote: »
    No worries dude, enjoy the ring road going through your estate!

I live in MH. I'll be thrilled if our section gets built. Make avoiding the town centre much easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

lordgoat wrote: »
    OH for sure I get that it puts a ring road through a housing estate that's been built for 15+ years. I just think it's not very well thought out. I did say this at the time of consultation.

Depends on what you mean much of a muchness but I take your point in that they are all pretty poor.

Well no, that wasn't my point. And no, they're not "all pretty poor".
    And no, it doesn't put a ring road through an estate, did you not realise that the road has been there for the last 15 years?

The absolute state of your snidey remarks in this thread though :rolleyes: :pac:

Well no, that wasn't my point. And no, they're not "all pretty poor".
    And no, it doesn't put a ring road through an estate, did you not realise that the road has been there for the last 15 years?

The absolute state of your snidey remarks in this thread though :rolleyes: :pac:

Apologies, tone is hard to get across on here at times. In future I'll use emoticons :)

Again imo all of those options are poor. They take the easiest cheapest route with the least amount of consideration to people and the environment. Giving a preference to agriculture and money. So I think they're all ****.

The road cuts Griffin Rath Manor and Hall. I've lived in these estates if you don't think a busy road going through them is a bad thing; cool.

Also the road, while being half built, hasn't been in use to date. So to say "it's been there" means very little.

In a town with well known traffic issues, putting in more traffic lights beside a school and putting what will be a busy road through the estate is a stupid fukcing idea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

Precisely why the should develop roads along with housing or before it in some cases. Same issue has been and still is present in Celbridge where good options are now very limited

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭Rulmeq

Stealthirl wrote: »
    Same issue has been and still is present in Celbridge where good options are now very limited
    The fact that there's an application in to build houses/apartments on the section after the roundabout (near the schools) is a joke. Even if it won't be built for 20 years, the route should be preserved.
    I don't want to object though, because there's a load of NIMBYs in Crodaun who are insisting that it should all be bungalows like theirs (well actually they don't want anything there, but they claim they would be happy as long as they are bungalows)

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Stealthirl wrote: »
    Same issue has been and still is present in Celbridge where good options are now very limited
    In fairness, the development areas in Celbridge are earmarked for North of the town, towards the M4 rather than south of the town and closer to the train station. Typical arseways planning!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭Rulmeq

In fairness, the development areas in Celbridge are earmarked for North of the town, towards the M4 rather than south of the town and closer to the train station. Typical arseways planning!
    I've dragged the thread off topic, but yeah, it's a joke. Also if they build on top of the soon to be dart station they could say they are in Dublin :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭veryangryman

Been down there this week and there seems to be talk of this road going ahead around GR. Anyone got any news on this or are they talking trollops?

• Advertisement

The Griffin Rath-Mullen Park bit should be open fairly soon. Won't do much for the town though

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭sirmixalot

Will there be a cycle path along that route? Griffin Rath / Mullen Park.

A poor, on footpath one I believe (that will probably end short of the Straffan Road too). It was designed and planned two decades ago so that's the era of standards we'll get.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭tnegun

From what I've seen the cycle lane no dished curbs, no proper markings or lined up crossings so pretty much a box ticking exercise.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭sirmixalot

Ah well, make for an interesting ride from straffan wood to the Gael Scoil. I know there's a handy path through to carton court then to Greenfield drive and down laurence avenue. My boy is 4 but pretty confident on a bike. We will both cycle it together or I'll get a trailer for the bike.

The CPO for the Eastern section has finally been published.

Griffin Rath - Mullen Park arm was still 'soon' last time I heard, and hasn't opened

Planning has gone in for the Kildare bit of the Northern arm, private developer led so who knows if/when it'll happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

CPO approved

Griffin Rath / Mullen Park bit is still not open!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,418 ✭✭✭Gusser09

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Staplor

Timmy Durkan said he hopes construction will start this year 😂

• Advertisement

What was this CPO for? I'm sure our councilors previously announced that they each personally convinced the NTA to allocate the funds for the canal/railway bridge and delivery was imminent several years ago. Was this holding up the construction of the bridge?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Am I correct in thinking that we're going with Option B - this yellow route?

I think so, and there's great scope for traffic lights at each end of that before any houses get built on it!

There'll be lights on it, roundabout isn't possible at the southern end (as in - you could put one in but it would be about ten times too small) and they rejected any option for it at the northern end.

This is gas, they've literally built this with the intention to halt the free flow of traffic.

I understand how they could have put in a roundabout at Griffin Rath, they could have planned for it, but didn't, and now we are where we are. On the bit they are building fresh now there is absolutely scope to put in a roundabout if they chose to.

When they were building the schools I made a submission re putting a roundabout on the Moyglare road junction rather than the lights and it was rejected on the grounds of, too much traffic, not enough land, and too many pedestrians. They then proceeded to build one at the entrance to the schools and the Moyglare Hall estate and they put pedestrian crossings on it so a case of make it up as they go it seems.

Lights at either end and more at the estates the will open onto it. More traffic to complain about.

Be way more interested in making Maynooth one way than this road.

Advertisement