Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Merchant question - chargeback

Options
  • 15-10-2014 12:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I have an online based business and for payment I accept all types of debit and credit cards. The business is enrolled in both 3D secure schemes, so my chargeback rate is pretty low.

Now I ran into a pretty strange situation. I am aware about the liability shift if 3D secure is used, but something has skipped the other security measures implemented. The address on the shopping account on the website, and the name are different that the ones used on the card. So I have an account under a fake name, and fake address, with a payment that passed 3D checks successfully.

Am I still covered by the liability shift process or should the card issuer be liable because the 3D system accepted the payment even though account information on my end was incorrect ?

Notes - I am not a high risk merchant, I sell everything from nutritional supplements to sporting goods. The order in this situation is for a pretty high amount consisting of nutritional supplements and also gym equipment. The shipment has been sent and signed for in Northern Ireland.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement