Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I report a post from a mod?

Options
  • 15-10-2014 12:16pm
    Site Banned Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭

It's for perceived personal abuse.http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=92619369&postcount=183. Conspiracy Theory is a perjorative. A mod is hardly going to take action against their own post, likewise a co-mod against one of their brethren. What is the usual course of action? Just take it on the chin and move on?

Oh, and thanks in advance.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

You use the Report Post button: report.gif

But that's not personal abuse. Seriously.

You'd need a banjaxed periscope to come up with such a skewed perception of that instruction.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Really, the first step should be to discuss the comment with the mod to clarify the situation. Then, if you still have any issue that you feel needs to be addressed - PM the CMods.

Though in the example you give, I agree with An File.

• Site Banned Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭Brown Bomber

Really, the first step should be to discuss the comment with the mod to clarify the situation. Then, if you still have any issue that you feel needs to be addressed - PM the CMods.
    Well that is part of the problem as I see it. I can't refute the unfounded slur - and this is QED - because then I will be banned for arguing with a mod. I can't report the post because I assume it is filtered through him/her, so this is why I've asked here.

An File wrote: »
    You use the Report Post button: report.gif

But that's not personal abuse. Seriously.

You'd need a banjaxed periscope to come up with such a skewed perception of that instruction.
    It's personal and it's abusive. I don't know what else to say to you.

It's for perceived personal abuse.http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=92619369&postcount=183. Conspiracy Theory is a perjorative. A mod is hardly going to take action against their own post, likewise a co-mod against one of their brethren. What is the usual course of action? Just take it on the chin and move on?

Oh, and thanks in advance.

Conspiracy Theory As Naive Deconstructive History

www.newdemocracyworld.org/old/conspiracy.htm

Översätt den här sidan

"Conspiracy theory" is usually used as a pejorative label, meaning paranoid, nutty, marginal, and certainly untrue

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

You can contact a relevant CMod if you wish to complain about a moderator.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

One of the CatMods here. Considering you posted that in A&A, the direction from the mod there was correct, I have no issue with the suggestion provided.

In terms of how to complain in general.
    1. report the post
    2. Contact the mod and their co-mods
    3. Contact the catmods
    4. Feedback

Mods even more so in their own forums try to be impartial to avoid any claims of sillyness, but we're all human. In this case though the suggestion you got was spot on in my opinion. The CT forum would benefit from a discussion on your viewpoint, some really good theories in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,558 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Conspiracy Theory As Naive Deconstructive History

www.newdemocracyworld.org/old/conspiracy.htm

Översätt den här sidan

"Conspiracy theory" is usually used as a pejorative label, meaning paranoid, nutty, marginal, and certainly untrue

But he didn't call you a conspiracy theorist he just pointed you to the relevant forum where your ideas could be discussed instead of knocking an A&A tread off topic. Also not seeing how it's personal or abusive.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,353 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Taltos wrote: »
    In terms of how to complain in general.
    4. Feedback
    My understanding is it should be Help Desk rather than Feedback if it's a specific complaint about a mod

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Beasty wrote: »
    My understanding is it should be Help Desk rather than Feedback if it's a specific complaint about a mod

I always (every time) get that mixed up - should just put in help desk / feedback from now on.

Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Not feedback

/thread

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement