Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cork GAA Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 303 ✭✭Smith614

TTM.... U got it badly wrong again. Tiredness is used as an excuse in defeat. Matches are an advantage when on a roll and winning but it is an excuse when beaten. Kilmallock thought them a lesson in hurling and will to win.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Smith614 wrote: »
    TTM.... U got it badly wrong again. Tiredness is used as an excuse in defeat. Matches are an advantage when on a roll and winning but it is an excuse when beaten. Kilmallock thought them a lesson in hurling and will to win.

I think there is some truth in what you say but last week Cratloe had a very engrossing and energy sapping Football match that also went to extra time -which they lost. Kilmallock had 2 weeks of just hurling training in the lead up.
    That difference would certainly have had an effect on them today and in the extra time in particular Will to win was certainly not the difference. Cratloe were simply out on their feet totally at that point.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭thinkstoomuch1

I hope ballyhale win Leinster and they get to the final.
    Now if Kilmallock beat them fair play, immense Credit to them.
    I will laud them with praise.
    I can't see it,I fear it could be a one sided final. Remember all things will be equal in ballyhale have same prepartion in the lead up to it.
    They won't be tired.

Cratloe would been competive as they have pace to counter the direct approach ballyhale.
    Kilmallock don't have pace and yes they are good under the high ball but simple point is like kilkenny ballyhale are just as strong if not better than Kilmallock at it.
    The saving grace for Kilmallock is if a fast portumna beat ballyhale they could have a chance.
    Its doubtful though.
    Yes shocks happen but shefflin farewell will keep the focus.

Kilmallock wont have a hope in he'll of beating them if they meet.
    They have poor forwards bar ghrame mulchay, Jake excellent today doesn't always do it though in big games.

Eoin Ryan poor from play again.
    Paudie o brien had a fine game but Kilmallock imo are stuck between a rock and hard place keep o brien up their, but they will need him at half back to mark one of cha, fennellly and Reid.

Gavin O mahony has to come back also to half back.
    Loughlin brothers at three at and six struggled to mark cussen and have conceded six goals in two games, tj Reid has destroyed most intercounty full and half backs like shefflin so they will crucify Kilmallock defence goal wise.

Now you put Gavin on fennellly, and o brien on tj Reid,they probably won't hold them but even so who holds cha fitzpatrick, who holds  king henry.

Take Paudie and Gavin out of half forward then who limits fennellly at centre back from lording the skies.
    Eoin Ryan or Jake mulchay wont do that.

Point is Kilmallock if they meat ballyhale have too many problems to solve with few options to solve them.
    There a good club team in certain aeras but they have a lot of weak aeras and sarsfields if they were any good should of won.

Joey holden can mark mulchay If needs be and once he holds him to four points it will suffice.

Kilkenny club team will bring an intensity and drive and passion to match fury and fire of limerick, but so so much more in a cohesion, intelligent hurling game plan with a plan b and limerick direct style approach by Kilmallock like this year senior intercounty game will be meat and drink to ballyhale.

This Kilmallock team I may have been wrong have not been exposed just yet but if they play ballyhale, a team driven to give imo king henry he's farewell in I believe he will retire will absolutely blow this Kilmallock team away.
    They want it for king henry.
    Kilmallock were lucky Cratloe had dualism but  they struggled to beat them.
    In essence my point is both teams Kilmallock beat had their own weak aeras but yet had to go extra time.
    They won't beat a ruthless ballyhale if they meat.
    They must start paddy loughin.
    He won't be playing harty cup as charville are out but it's ideal game for him as four week later he's out v cork minors.

Paddy is a terrific player, young but he's definitely able to start for these games.
    With Gavin and Paudie if they go to defence,loughin could do a half forward midfield role.
    Kilmallock wont beat them going fifteen v 15.
    They will loose too many individuals battles.
    Must play a sweeper but they won't

Smith you fail to understand the concepts of dualism in playing and training.
    Cratloe have been training in hurling and football and playing for bones nine months in both codes, your novel fictional thoughts that it didn't catch up with them is just incorrect.,
    You can train up hills Cratloe,go recovery ice baths in ul,take all vitamins,and eat all right food but there comes a time when you need a mental break and physical from the intensity of games or indeed any sport.
    Cratloe club players had no such break in three weeks, all were close high intense physical games, of course it told.

Sonia sullivan a classic case in point, ran numerous personal best, world records etc, but peaked too soon up to atlanta and suffered the price of not being fresh.
    How many times have lions rubgy tours relied on strength of a bench to help them in three back to back weeks.
    These are professional, they eat,drink, sleep sport and recovery.

You have a club team here. Take out the intercounty lad's who would some how be prepared slightly better for burnout,you have ordinary club lad's playing train both weeks weeks after weeks, have work or college next day, your telling me they won't burn out you clearly haven't got any ideas demands concepts of the game now,and add ten per cent to demands as physical demands are more in winter

Wexford full of intercounty lad's proved that this year v limerick when dunne said they were out on their feet up to the game.

To break it down, if Joe blogs runs a marathon, he's most important week is actually he's taper week, hardest part for a runner is to ease off but it's got to be done.
    You run your marathon you get a pb yes some enter another marathon straight after it maybee four weeks later but yes they will finish it as your body has acclimatised the fitness and endurance side of it and so too the mind to not give up and you'll finish it.But the speed in the legs is gone.
    It takes recovery etc to build that up.
    Now the Kenyon, ethopianans the elite runners can do it.
    The average runner can't hes not professional to do it.

But you wont come anywhere near a pb, you will hit the dreaded wall sooner than you like and your fighting for survival not to break records.

Today Cratloe were that runner.A county struggles in dualism like cork, a small club had no chance.
    It was just a matter of time in truth be told.

Between football and hurling they had ran too many marathons,once it went to extra time there were fighting at best to draw for survival they had no chance of winning.

Your oblivious to today's games if you though Cratloe were thought a hurling lesson, they drew at full time.
    How were they thought a lesson.
    Once it went to extra time they hadn't a hope of winning.
    The only lesson they learned today is don't belive hype about dualism can work, in its just a matter of time before the demands catch up with you.

Cratloe between hurling and football had munster games the 26th, October, ninth of November, the 16th and today.
    Kilmallock had just two.
    Now delve deeper into to the clare championship they won the hurling the sixth October. Football the week after.
    That's just from the county finals up, add in all the other games.
    You see starting out in a season you get away with it,longer season goes on, boom boom, it catches up with them.

Crucially up to today's game it was Cratloe third game in a row.
    Kilmallock had time to focus on this game,Cratloe didn't in had football last Saturday.
    I watched Cratloe train. There all about touch and pace and movement. I saw the footballers train one evening, with core group lad's training hurling skills then trying to combine both one night.
    A brave effort but you can't short cut to success.

Today espiceally in extra time they were static.If you think it had nothing to do with tiredness your wrong but each to their own.
    Killmallock couldn't beat two teams, in two hours of hurling imo tells me there not great and certainly bearable.
    If Cratloe had a week off they would imo won.

I don't blame players they couldn't give any more.
    What's must be done is dualism has to be looked at in club games now as it's too competive even in schools to do both.
    Cusack I didn't agree with then but he has a point players at a young age may have to choose,as it just can't be done nowadays in a successful sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

I hope ballyhale win Leinster and they get to the final.
    Now if Kilmallock beat them fair play, immense Credit to them.
    I will laud them with praise.
    I can't see it,I fear it could be a one sided final. Remember all things will be equal in ballyhale have same prepartion in the lead up to it.
    They won't be tired.

Cratloe would been competive as they have pace to counter the direct approach ballyhale.
    Kilmallock don't have pace and yes they are good under the high ball but simple point is like kilkenny ballyhale are just as strong if not better than Kilmallock at it.
    The saving grace for Kilmallock is if a fast portumna beat ballyhale they could have a chance.
    Its doubtful though.
    Yes shocks happen but shefflin farewell will keep the focus.

Kilmallock wont have a hope in he'll of beating them if they meet.
    They have poor forwards bar ghrame mulchay, Jake excellent today doesn't always do it though in big games.

Eoin Ryan poor from play again.
    Paudie o brien had a fine game but Kilmallock imo are stuck between a rock and hard place keep o brien up their, but they will need him at half back to mark one of cha, fennellly and Reid.

Gavin O mahony has to come back also to half back.
    Loughlin brothers at three at and six struggled to mark cussen and have conceded six goals in two games, tj Reid has destroyed most intercounty full and half backs like shefflin so they will crucify Kilmallock defence goal wise.

Now you put Gavin on fennellly, and o brien on tj Reid,they probably won't hold them but even so who holds cha fitzpatrick, who holds king henry.

Take Paudie and Gavin out of half forward then who limits fennellly at centre back from lording the skies.
    Eoin Ryan or Jake mulchay wont do that.

Point is Kilmallock if they meat ballyhale have too many problems to solve with few options to solve them.
    There a good club team in certain aeras but they have a lot of weak aeras and sarsfields if they were any good should of won.

Joey holden can mark mulchay If needs be and once he holds him to four points it will suffice.

Kilkenny club team will bring an intensity and drive and passion to match fury and fire of limerick, but so so much more in a cohesion, intelligent hurling game plan with a plan b and limerick direct style approach by Kilmallock like this year senior intercounty game will be meat and drink to ballyhale.

This Kilmallock team I may have been wrong have not been exposed just yet but if they play ballyhale, a team driven to give imo king henry he's farewell in I believe he will retire will absolutely blow this Kilmallock team away.
    They want it for king henry.
    Kilmallock were lucky Cratloe had dualism but they struggled to beat them.
    In essence my point is both teams Kilmallock beat had their own weak aeras but yet had to go extra time.
    They won't beat a ruthless ballyhale if they meat.
    They must start paddy loughin.
    He won't be playing harty cup as charville are out but it's ideal game for him as four week later he's out v cork minors.

Paddy is a terrific player, young but he's definitely able to start for these games.
    With Gavin and Paudie if they go to defence,loughin could do a half forward midfield role.
    Kilmallock wont beat them going fifteen v 15.
    They will loose too many individuals battles.
    Must play a sweeper but they won't

Smith you fail to understand the concepts of dualism in playing and training.
    Cratloe have been training in hurling and football and playing for bones nine months in both codes, your novel fictional thoughts that it didn't catch up with them is just incorrect.,
    You can train up hills Cratloe,go recovery ice baths in ul,take all vitamins,and eat all right food but there comes a time when you need a mental break and physical from the intensity of games or indeed any sport.
    Cratloe club players had no such break in three weeks, all were close high intense physical games, of course it told.

Sonia sullivan a classic case in point, ran numerous personal best, world records etc, but peaked too soon up to atlanta and suffered the price of not being fresh.
    How many times have lions rubgy tours relied on strength of a bench to help them in three back to back weeks.
    These are professional, they eat,drink, sleep sport and recovery.

You have a club team here. Take out the intercounty lad's who would some how be prepared slightly better for burnout,you have ordinary club lad's playing train both weeks weeks after weeks, have work or college next day, your telling me they won't burn out you clearly haven't got any ideas demands concepts of the game now,and add ten per cent to demands as physical demands are more in winter

Wexford full of intercounty lad's proved that this year v limerick when dunne said they were out on their feet up to the game.

To break it down, if Joe blogs runs a marathon, he's most important week is actually he's taper week, hardest part for a runner is to ease off but it's got to be done.
    You run your marathon you get a pb yes some enter another marathon straight after it maybee four weeks later but yes they will finish it as your body has acclimatised the fitness and endurance side of it and so too the mind to not give up and you'll finish it.But the speed in the legs is gone.
    It takes recovery etc to build that up.
    Now the Kenyon, ethopianans the elite runners can do it.
    The average runner can't hes not professional to do it.

But you wont come anywhere near a pb, you will hit the dreaded wall sooner than you like and your fighting for survival not to break records.

Today Cratloe were that runner.A county struggles in dualism like cork, a small club had no chance.
    It was just a matter of time in truth be told.

Between football and hurling they had ran too many marathons,once it went to extra time there were fighting at best to draw for survival they had no chance of winning.

Your oblivious to today's games if you though Cratloe were thought a hurling lesson, they drew at full time.
    How were they thought a lesson.
    Once it went to extra time they hadn't a hope of winning.
    The only lesson they learned today is don't belive hype about dualism can work, in its just a matter of time before the demands catch up with you.

Cratloe between hurling and football had munster games the 26th, October, ninth of November, the 16th and today.
    Kilmallock had just two.
    Now delve deeper into to the clare championship they won the hurling the sixth October. Football the week after.
    That's just from the county finals up, add in all the other games.
    You see starting out in a season you get away with it,longer season goes on, boom boom, it catches up with them.

Crucially up to today's game it was Cratloe third game in a row.
    Kilmallock had time to focus on this game,Cratloe didn't in had football last Saturday.
    I watched Cratloe train. There all about touch and pace and movement. I saw the footballers train one evening, with core group lad's training hurling skills then trying to combine both one night.
    A brave effort but you can't short cut to success.

Today espiceally in extra time they were static.If you think it had nothing to do with tiredness your wrong but each to their own.
    Killmallock couldn't beat two teams, in two hours of hurling imo tells me there not great and certainly bearable.
    If Cratloe had a week off they would imo won.

I don't blame players they couldn't give any more.
    What's must be done is dualism has to be looked at in club games now as it's too competive even in schools to do both.
    Cusack I didn't agree with then but he has a point players at a young age may have to choose,as it just can't be done nowadays in a successful sense.

I think what will equally have done for Cratloe will be simply that they didn't do as much hurling as Kilmallock this year. If you're playing both codes, you couldn't possibly do as much hurling as the single code club. I imagine in the lead up to a football match, Cratloe will have been doing all football. The single code club will have hurled away that week. That's going to tell on you, at some stage, the further you go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

citykat wrote: »
    I think what will equally have done for Cratloe will be simply that they didn't do as much hurling as Kilmallock this year. If you're playing both codes, you couldn't possibly do as much hurling as the single code club. I imagine in the lead up to a football match, Cratloe will have been doing all football. The single code club will have hurled away that week. That's going to tell on you, at some stage, the further you go.

Cratloe won a weak Clare, beat 14 man Ballygunner (who were on top at the time of the sending off) and a 14 man Thurles from the off.

Unproven and badly exposed today.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,441 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Guys, the clue is in the name. Cork GAA discussion thread.
    There's a Club championships thread if you want to discuss clubs from other counties or instead if you're talking about a particular club from one county you can of course talk about them in their thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭CORKDOUBLE

Just thinking out loud.....Andy Walsh is Killeagh as is Mark Landers.........Brian Murray is Bishopstown as is Johnny Crowley......Glen O Connor is St.Finbarrs as is JBM ......just saying like !! Miny you if O Connor is as tough as his sister he would be o.k. he was involved with the Minors when they last got to the All-Ireland final in 2007....

CORKDOUBLE wrote: »
    Just thinking out loud.....Andy Walsh is Killeagh as is Mark Landers.........Brian Murray is Bishopstown as is Johnny Crowley......Glen O Connor is St.Finbarrs as is JBM ......just saying like !! Miny you if O Connor is as tough as his sister he would be o.k. he was involved with the Minors when they last got to the All-Ireland final in 2007....
    Murray has got a few runs Waterford Crystal cups etc before he's not up to what's required

Same with cork underage never stood out.
    Fine in an open game no good in a battle

Andy walsh I don't see potential
    Eoghhan kinery the minor is better
    Glen o connor has potential and there is a bit of dog and bite to hes hurling

Jbm must look for that bit of dog in a player

Guy easterby was asked the same regards Tadhg furlong prospect in rubgy
    He's exact word he used was he has a bit of dog in him ideal for battle

Cork have to realise fast tappy wristy elusive hurler is useless unless they have the dog within for a battle
    Any player that plays for cork the question is who would survive v kilkenny as that's the standard
    Who has the dog and fight within

Nash,cahalane, joyce,Ellis,kearney, walsh copper,harnedy, coughlan, cronin, mcdonnell, o Neill would I have no doubt.
    There made for a battle.
    Kearney also such a warrior never flinches

Lehane???? But we can not full judge as he's played out of position

Horgan?????

Lawton??
    Roche??
    Murray??
    Haughney???

I have my doubts but I hope to be proven wrong with those
    Luke o farrell has the talents but must prove he has the stomach for battle
    Paudie sullivan is fine
    Moylan possibly as a sub I'm not sure you can start him

Likes of Murphy, nagle, spillane all have hurling and aggression that you need

Looking through the panel so far Daire lordan look the best forward prospect in he's potential and for the ist time in cork get good coaching
    Obviously pa Callaghan fits the bill

CORKDOUBLE wrote: »

I don't think he has got anything do with clubs

If so Eoin keane would got more games

I think all three hurler who you mention and add Daniel Roche are the prototype fast hands stick work jbm, séanie mcgrath,and crowley crave as those three are hurling purists

Now I'm a hurling purist my self but beautiful hurling alone will not win cork all ireland

What should be remembered is cork have realistically three tough games to peak for to win an all ireland

They will never get a huge a chance as again in the back door

Waterford is the fourth game but I don't think they are any threat to cork once mcgrath stays

There is always a risk mcgrath got sacked in the lead up and Waterford had a backs to wall performance where every player plays above themselves brings huge intensity to the game

But if that happens cork once the intensity is matched they should win
    Cork could not have asked for a better draw next year
    Munster final I hope and want cork to loose it.
    Irrelevant in the bigger scheme of things
    Munster title means nothing now days, give me national hurling league title any day of the week now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Lehane gets surprising amount of stick given what he contributed to Cork this year. Best forward bar none, I would imagine Harnedy would be next in line but he was missing v Clare and Tipp. Thought Lehane should have got man of the match v Limerick ahead of him as well.

Hes small, but other than that think he has absolutely everything and at only 22 reckon he'll definitely continue to prove himself as a huge player for Cork.

• Advertisement

Lehane gets surprising amount of stick given what he contributed to Cork this year. Best forward bar none, I would imagine Harnedy would be next in line but he was missing v Clare and Tipp. Thought Lehane should have got man of the match v Limerick ahead of him as well.

Hes small, but other than that think he has absolutely everything and at only 22 reckon he'll definitely continue to prove himself as a huge player for Cork.

I'm a huge fan of him always have been but he's played out of position

Ucc done the same last week to him, talking to a guy at it he was poor at full forwar
    forward

There going to ruin this player

If hes played at ten he's fine but at fourteen he fades in and out of the game

He's better roaming and drifting in than staying on the square

If he doesn't perform coughlan is well able to do a job
    Coughlan should get game time in the league even at midfield with walsh just to have cover for kearney
    O shea like wise

I'm a huge fan of him always have been but he's played out of position

Ucc done the same last week to him, talking to a guy at it he was poor at full forwar
    forward

There going to ruin this player

If hes played at ten he's fine but at fourteen he fades in and out of the game

He's better roaming and drifting in than staying on the square

If he doesn't perform coughlan is well able to do a job
    Coughlan should get game time in the league even at midfield with walsh just to have cover for kearney
    O shea like wise

Was he not playing at 10 all year for Cork?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Figsy32

I think it's just there's so much obvious potential there that people are expecting too much from him a little too quickly. He drifts in and out of games a little and maybe isn't the most ruthless in terms of going for goals. Slightly frustrating but that's what happens with young players.

They're things that will come in time I'm sure though. No doubt he'll be a massive players for Cork for the next 10 years.

Was he not playing at 10 all year for Cork?

He was listed there but in numerous games he went in for spells at full forward which Is ridiculous.
    The lad needs space to utilise he's pace.

Figsy32 wrote: »
    I think it's just there's so much obvious potential there that people are expecting too much from him a little too quickly. He drifts in and out of games a little and maybe isn't the most ruthless in terms of going for goals. Slightly frustrating but that's what happens with young players.

They're things that will come in time I'm sure though. No doubt he'll be a massive players for Cork for the next 10 years.

Yeah agree 100% on goals. Cadogan is the exact same. They need to be coached to go for it more, you don't win games scoring points alone.

Figsy32 wrote: »

There's a fair point there but he's now going on four years senior panel so he's not young inexperienced any more
    You see padraig walsh, Tommy walsh, Paul Murphy doing it so young, aidan walsh in football Won two all stars young players of the year all at a young age.

Robbie henehshsw was just 21 in rubgy

Cork have a habit of making excuses for their own. Yes we should to a point but there comes a time when performances must be judged with ruthless conviction

I backed him against criticism for years but now he's what I would say entering peak years

I will excuse him if he's at full forward but otherwise no

He was brilliant v limerick and clare in the all ireland final he has the talents.
    He needs consistency but to be fair hard to do when your moved about.

I would give him leniency but pat horgan is just taking the biscuit imo no excuse for this year.
    Seven years around senior player,all star, vice captain once he's been appalling from play yet no one questions it.
    Guaranteed he would not start under Brian cody he would be lucky to make the panel imo.

It's up to jbm now, to be ruthless with him.
    Landers doesn't do reputations so hopefully he'll bust he's bubble and landers was limited hurling wise but gave everything to the cork jersey so I'm hoping he'll tell horgan what cork jersey means and there is a mininium standard expected in every game

Cork attuide has to change, fans, media, players, etc all have a part to play in defeats must be scrutinised more and none of the absolute nonense that went on after poor league displays last year.

Gavin o mahony gave a wonderful interview,absolutely brilliant to be fair to him in the Sunday paper yesterday, he said that the loss to kilkenny was a moral defeat to some and he didn't accept it but he said limerick still have that moral victory attitude and it's hard to change longer you don't win all irelands

What honesty, brilliant read.
    I would love if a cork footballer said the same regards corks loss to mayo and blow this nonense one point loss to mayo was acceptable or progress
    That moral victory nonense is in cork football and it's hard to change in because people are not ruthless enough to say it's not acceptable.
    Some coaches, some fans, some media, cork county board mainly as it accepts mediocrity, some ex pundits,are not helping imo where they attuide to defeats is poor yet they still wonder year on year why cork football is not reaching potential

That attuide won't serve cork well and is hugely significant in why cork football will imo never be a true force as lot cork people don't set standards high and belive years failure we have no right to think higher

The hurling it's crept in to too.
    That attuide must be blown away in cork
    When cork got relegated it wasn't seen as a disaster
    It should of been
    When we had an absolute appalling league with no game reaching top form it was not questioned last year.
    Such cork had this culture where the players were never pushed to consistently reach mininium performance standards of excellence and when cork were good they were brilliant but when they were bad they were awful and that inconsistency combined with poor team selections carried on from the league to championship.

Jbm has no no excuse if cahalane doesn't play full back as he's now hurling alone

Any venue for Saturday's all ireland u16 final in hurling good counsel v midelton?? Anyone know please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Corn Thomáis Mhic Choilm 18.5 B Hurling Quarter-Finals

Abbey CBS v CBC Cork
    Col Spioraid Naomh v Clonakilty CC
    Causeway CS v St Joseph’s Tulla
    John The Baptist Hospital v Col Chriost Ri

Abbey be tough to beat for old christians so good test for them and they will be better for these games

I'm not sure if current limerick hurler minors keeper and eligble next year Eoghhan McNamara is still there

They have won rice b and munster u15 b titles recently

They were harty a few years ago

They have current u21 coach limerick outstanding john kiely principle there

Darach o donnell ex limerick trainer son former cork stats man Eddie o donnell was teaching there I presume he Is there

There huge in to hurling there.
    I would not be surprised if they have a very good team
    Michael o halloran and billy hennessey are the old christian stars.
    Both with real chance of starting for cork minors.
    Most teams old christian played wouldn't be huge tests so far so abbey is a perfect draw as halloran and hennessey will thrive with better games.
    Delighted with the draw

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭denishurley

Any venue for Saturday's all ireland u16 final in hurling good counsel v midelton?? Anyone know please

WIT, 2pm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭dcrosskid

Is that vocational schools hurling ttm?

Are ye still confident of getting 5/6 teams into the harty qf? I think my old school Thurles will be hard bet, they have a strong team & also based on no facts whatsoever if there are that many Cork teams surely the quality can't be great. I don't mean that in a bad way but it stands to reason that the quality of Cork schools hurling must be diluted massively by the sheer amount of schools. Midleton would possibly be the strongest?

WIT, 2pm

Thanks Denis as always

Great choice the all weather should be ideal delighted with that choice venue

Credit due in fairness splendid choice of venue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭Breadandbutter

dcrosskid wrote: »
    Is that vocational schools hurling ttm?

Are ye still confident of getting 5/6 teams into the harty qf? I think my old school Thurles will be hard bet, they have a strong team & also based on no facts whatsoever if there are that many Cork teams surely the quality can't be great. I don't mean that in a bad way but it stands to reason that the quality of Cork schools hurling must be diluted massively by the sheer amount of schools. Midleton would possibly be the strongest?

Midleton certainly the strongest on paper this year but tend to finish poorly and disappoint

Hamilton, Rochestown & Youghal are built more on heart, effort, each team with a few talented individuals

AG hopefully will be the surprise packet, ability and heart and a determination to put their school back on map - with a balanced spread of talent - complete with a cork senior panelist - some boast

I wouldn't agree about the dilution of talent - all these schools pulling from strong hurling clubs

What happened Templemore this year ????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭Breadandbutter

Great to see Chriost Ri & Rochestown College in 16 1/2B Munster Final - Cork City local derby

Hopefully a rising tide

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭zetecescort

Mourneabbey v Termon, Senior club All Ireland Ladies football final in Tuam stadium at 2pm this sunday with deferred coverage in full on TG4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭zetecescort

Wednesday 26th November
    Corn Uí Mhuirí (Munster Post-Primary Schools Senior A Football)
    All games 1.30pm unless stated otherwise

DLS Macroom V Coláiste Choilm Ballincollig @ Cloughduv
    Tralee CBS V Clonakilty CC @ Clondrohid
    St. Brendan's V Coláiste Na Sceilge @ Cromane
    Mercy Mounthawk V St. Flannan's @ Rathkeale
    St. Fachtna's Skibbereen V West Limerick Colleges @ Fitzgerald Stadium, 2:30pm
    Rochestown V HS Clonmel @ Mourneabbey, 2:30pm
    Coláiste Chriost Rí V IS Killorglin @ Knocknagree

Ucc beat davy fit lit tonight in wet cold night in senior hurling league.
    2-18 to2-14 around.
    Cork wise cormac Murphy outstanding at midfield.Real aggression in he's hurling,lovely crisp charismatic hurling.
    Rickard cahalane was good as was killan Burke.

Shane o donnell got a goal.Played well.
    Alan cadogan was very good.
    Conor lehane is indeed eligble fitzgibbon cup again I was unsure as he had graduated with an arts degree in summer but must be doing more in college as he played tonight

Tonight ucc played a him centre forward he was immense, winning ball, running at the defence,yes had a few wides but must got around six scores from play.
    He was brilliant

Anthony spillane came on a sub and got goal and point.
    He's everything you crave for in a full forward tough, mobile, aggressive,hungry. Real want, and has hurling.
    He won lot aerial ball.
    He has indeed got a call up to the Waterford crystals cup,brilliant news for cork.

He's u21 for the next two years so he's young but huge potential.
    I have recently being doing a lot of querying on Damien irwin, he's a tremendous attention to detail I'm told and will be very good many astute gaa men former coaches and players I trust told me.
    With liam Hayes cork u21 I'm gone from hopeful I'm confident now we are making progress at the grade.
    Hallejiah amen at last.

Killeagh have lost two coaches to corkhurling in landers also and are looking for a coach them selves with Denis walsh ex cork manager apparently going to Killeagh

Imo id have doubts if they will be successful and they have talent but he's record is poor with cork and Catherines.
    A lot of moving and shaking in club managerial scene.
    Another east cork club set for a major coup.
    Big city club looking outside the county. It remains to be seen what happens.
    Should be some interesting announcements soon enough.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Think Irwin will do a good job. He is normally meticulous in what he does, come with his job I suppose. He is a real hurling man with an eye for detail.

Cork schools are much of a muchness. One of Thurles/ASR are definite favourites to win it out. Can't rely on Midleton at all, wouldn't surprise me if Nenagh beat them. My old school doesn't do well with pressure, regardless of talent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭Browney7

Ucc beat davy fit lit tonight in wet cold night in senior hurling league.
    2-18 to2-14 around.
    Cork wise cormac Murphy outstanding at midfield.Real aggression in he's hurling,lovely crisp charismatic hurling.
    Rickard cahalane was good as was killan Burke.

Shane o donnell got a goal.Played well.
    Alan cadogan was very good.
    Conor lehane is indeed eligble fitzgibbon cup again I was unsure as he had graduated with an arts degree in summer but must be doing more in college as he played tonight

Tonight ucc played a him centre forward he was immense, winning ball, running at the defence,yes had a few wides but must got around six scores from play.
    He was brilliant

Anthony spillane came on a sub and got goal and point.
    He's everything you crave for in a full forward tough, mobile, aggressive,hungry. Real want, and has hurling.
    He won lot aerial ball.
    He has indeed got a call up to the Waterford crystals cup,brilliant news for cork.

He's u21 for the next two years so he's young but huge potential.
    I have recently being doing a lot of querying on Damien irwin, he's a tremendous attention to detail I'm told and will be very good many astute gaa men former coaches and players I trust told me.
    With liam Hayes cork u21 I'm gone from hopeful I'm confident now we are making progress at the grade.
    Hallejiah amen at last.

Killeagh have lost two coaches to corkhurling in landers also and are looking for a coach them selves with Denis walsh ex cork manager apparently going to Killeagh

Imo id have doubts if they will be successful and they have talent but he's record is poor with cork and Catherines.
    A lot of moving and shaking in club managerial scene.
    Another east cork club set for a major coup.
    Big city club looking outside the county. It remains to be seen what happens.
    Should be some interesting announcements soon enough.

I'd agree that Lehane at 14 is crazy stuff. Drawn all Ireland last year when the game looked to be slipping away from Cork (lehane was quiet that day too) the goal he got was immense. All the way from the hogan stand on the 45 to the other side of the field and a great goal. He needs a roaming role. Think 11 and switching into midfield throughout the game would be good for him.

Cross kid

I think Ag will beat doon, once gunning has a central defender role and lee is centre forward and killan aherne start.

Gunning has to mark Colin Ryan under the high ball with Donovan on coleman.
    Possibly could swap

Shane o connell limerick minor also played at half forward also last year is a fine centre back but lee has to mark him and stop him domination the game

Longergan is dangerous as a forward and jack Cummins is a fine full back but dan Gunning is sensational and him and sheehan with killan Doyle and lee can win it for Ag.Callaghan had a fine game last day but id drop him to full back,  Eddie gunning is the man for this game

Doon are expierenced and Brendan bulger with them now as coach
    Tadhg lordan and shorten and donal o grady as stats man with gould in the background. He's with u14 but he travels to the matches. Ag can qualify

Hamilton are qualified.
    They wouldn't beat Ard scoil but against any cork team bar midelton again I think there's a big scalp in them aidan o donoughue has learned from noel crowley in coaching and in Bart o flynn, kelleher awesome Chris o leary at half back a midfield duo dream paternship of Luke meade and Jonathan mulchay, the in form cork development hurler dinneen a goal machine. Eoin reilly also they have more than just heart desire and courage and they have a scalp in them but may not win it outright.

Midelton yes got beaten, I was at another game but I'm told midelton had the game won but just stopped playing

It could be a blessing in disguise really as if they learn the golden rule that talent is useless without work rate from start to finish and imo it's actually not a bad result in huge expectation if they go unbeaten through the group but this will refocus them.
    They just stopped hurling but apparently when they were good there were awesome

To say midelton don't handle pressure is inaccurate in an extent as with harty your dealing with specific age groups not a Club with constant group players and midelton proved they can more than handle pressure winning a dean ryan cup last year coming from nine points down and without garan manley and they won white cup and rice also so this group has players that won big games
    Midelton won ist dean in twenty four years last year, ist white year before, the rice cups there building for a Harty cup and just a matter of time
    Ard scoil proves it takes time to build

Nenagh are not great, hamilton beat them and nenagh barely beat Waterford team.
    Also dean ryan cup has added a distraction to them but from Saturday its harty all the way.
    From a well placed source in midelton there not too unduly worried as they know They can qualify and once they get to January they have a huge chance.

Ian cahill could be loss but with mellink,smith, o connor butty mccarthy,mcdonnell, manley. Landers. Looney,beausang and the leahy brothers they imo will beat Nenagh handy.
    I have no fear for midelton.
    Hamilton beat nenagh well In Buttevant.

Youghal done tremendously well to qualify already and once Darragh o brien goes to full with bobby mccarthy at corner back with deane and Murphy at half back and halloran at midfield with David abregendshor at centre forward with Declan dalton they have a chance to be competitive but it depends who they meet

Rochestown are unlikely to win it but once Daniel meaney comes back to midfield in January with majestic john O sullivan they have a midfield to match anyone, john cashman imperious at centre back, Griffin a fine full back underage next year for cork minors , cormack, powter and kingston up front they are a very very good team on their day

Colmans have a chance but have to beat Castletroy
    The key is Shane walsh has to mark Barry Nash

Huge ask for the excellent Castlyons defender cork U16 niall o leary to mark expierenced Andrew la Touche Cosgrave so early.
    Lorcan lyons also Is a key player and as good as Jeremy saich is lyons has expirence.

Dean linehan is a pacey player plays corner forward but corner back for cork but Brian Nash is a top corner back.
    Colmans with noel crowley down their have a chance but there a young team, Castletroy have expierence and it may be next year before they really become a force

Thurles are good with robbie long and jack butler but imo I don't see them as favourites at all and imo outside ard scoil I'd see most teams on par with each other on a given day.I'm surprised Curtis from last year dean ryan team is not starting imo a fine player.

Thurles beat Ard scoil but ard scoil team that played them to team that played west colleges limerick was totally different in lynch at half forward hindered ard scoil v Thurles and the dynamic and balance of the team was all wrong

If he was centre back I don't think Thurles would have won and I explained in detail in harty thread why lynch Is imo better midfield or half back as not only is half back better balance but the forward have better balance imo with out lynch who imo is a brilliant hurlers.

Thurles drew with west limerick and flannans are building for the future so I wouldn't get carried with with results

Thurles won a good rice cup there in 2013 and they are doing good work to be fair but midelton beat them handy in last year dean ryan cup knock out game
    Ard scoil have to be favourite but it's close between the rest

Castletroy are favourite to some but imo were very beatable by Ag mhuire and Ag can improve I don't think Castletroy have that scope.
    Ag mhuire, midelton are corks best hope.
    Youghal wont win it outright.
    Hamilton with a kind draw could go a long way with out winning it and rochestown like wise

The Quater Final draw is key.
    But with three teams qualified already in hammies, Youghal, rochestown, I do feel Ag can beat doon but its going to be close but I have no doubt midelton will beat Nenagh.
    So at worst four cork teams dcrosskid with a realistic chance of a fifth and an outside chance with Colmans of a sixth.

To get four out of possible seven to qualify for the Quater finals as in one group their was three cork teams and only two can qualify out of the group would be brilliant to get five would be astonishing and to get six would be totally beyond any dreams and just breathtaking unbelievable.

It's been a great dean ryan and harty cup and munster b colleges for cork schools hurling so far imo.

Lehane inside is on the face of it crazy but he'll end up in their again this year. We need manic work-rate from all of our midfielders and half-forwards - he doesn't offer that, and is at best inconsistent under puck-outs. So inside he'll go.

Playing at 14 for UCC really makes zero sense. He has never had a great eye for goals, like a lot of the Cork forwards. Huge problem JBM hasn't been able to overcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭seventh7

super post as usual sir, a visit to Fermoy would be advisable this evening where St Colman's take on the Ag Mhuire in the semi final of the O' Callaghan cup. This will be a super game with Colman's looking to reverse the trend after their recent defeat in the Harty.
    The Ag are building momentum and recent whispers from the Mon talk about Ferocious sessions on the mon field. The bulk of this team are from the Na Parsaigh Club and have played together through underage ranks.
    Gunning and O' Callaghan in the backline are the foundation of this side the Half backs walsh from Na Parsaigh and O' Donavan from the glen are pacey and tenacious, The midfield with the impecable Liam Coughlan and workman like Eoin O'Leary is mobile and combatative. Up front is where the A

super post as usual sir, a visit to Fermoy would be advisable this evening where St Colman's take on the Ag Mhuire in the semi final of the O' Callaghan cup. This will be a super game with Colman's looking to reverse the trend after their recent defeat in the Harty.
    The Ag are building momentum and recent whispers from the Mon talk about Ferocious sessions on the mon field. The bulk of this team are from the Na Parsaigh Club and have played together through underage ranks.
    Gunning and O' Callaghan in the backline are the foundation of this side the Half backs walsh from Na Parsaigh and O' Donavan from the glen are pacey and tenacious, The midfield with the impecable Liam Coughlan and workman like Eoin O'Leary is mobile and combatative. Up front is where the AG will have the edge over most sides, rumour has it Killian Ahern and Jamie Morissey will start this evening in the half forward line. Throw in Dane Lee, Evan Sheehan and the unplayable Dan Gunning then you have a forward line to be feared.
    Colmans will need to impose themselves physically from the begining or they will have a difficult evening. Niall O' Leary was excellent in waterglasshill against the Ag and he will have to be on top of his game. The match up of O'leary vs Morrisey or Ahern should be something to see. Personally I would drop O'Leary back to pick up Dan Gunning as left unmarshalled he can destroy teams. Jeremy Siach will need to be on the top of his game this evening undoubtly talented his battle with Coughlan will be piviotal. Killian Ahern will also need to be marshaled if he gets possesion he sprays passes cross field with unerring accuracy. He can find club mates sheehan and Gunning at will. A thouroughly enjoy able game in prospect this evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,318 ✭✭✭Horse84

seventh7 wrote: »
    Gunning and O' Callaghan in the backline are the foundation of this side the Half backs walsh from Na Parsaigh and O' Donavan from the glen are pacey and tenacious, The midfield with the impecable Liam Coughlan and workman like Eoin O'Leary is mobile and combatative. Up front is where the AG will have the edge over most sides, rumour has it Killian Ahern and Jamie Morissey will start this evening in the half forward line. Throw in Dane Lee, Evan Sheehan and the unplayable Dan Gunning then you have a forward line to be feared.
    Colmans will need to impose themselves physically from the begining or they will have a difficult evening. Niall O' Leary was excellent in waterglasshill against the Ag and he will have to be on top of his game. The match up of O'leary vs Morrisey or Ahern should be something to see. Personally I would drop O'Leary back to pick up Dan Gunning as left unmarshalled he can destroy teams. Jeremy Siach will need to be on the top of his game this evening undoubtly talented his battle with Coughlan will be piviotal. Killian Ahern will also need to be marshaled if he gets possesion he sprays passes cross field with unerring accuracy. He can find club mates sheehan and Gunning at will. A thouroughly enjoy able game in prospect this evening.

What time is that match on in fermoy?

• Advertisement

7.30pm throw in

Midleton certainly the strongest on paper this year but tend to finish poorly and disappoint

Hamilton, Rochestown & Youghal are built more on heart, effort, each team with a few talented individuals

AG hopefully will be the surprise packet, ability and heart and a determination to put their school back on map - with a balanced spread of talent - complete with a cork senior panelist - some boast

I wouldn't agree about the dilution of talent - all these schools pulling from strong hurling clubs

What happened Templemore this year ????

I don't think Templemore were that strong this year, they were very young but next year they should be good. I think they would have said that themselves. Their 2 main clubs that they pull from, Loughmore & Templemore were only in the B in minor. They have a few good hurlers from Drom who had a very strong minor team this year though. Midleton beat them by a point in the Dean Ryan final is all & I don't think they hurled anywhere near their potential from what I heard (maybe they weren't let). Thurles lost in extra time to Templemore & were missing a very good hurler from my own club who was recovering from a broken collar bone. Another 2 weeks & he might have played i'd say.

Midleton seem to be Cork's biggest hope this year by the sounds of it. Ard Scoil are still the team everyone will be looking to avoid.

Orizio wrote: »
    Lehane inside is on the face of it crazy but he'll end up in their again this year. We need manic work-rate from all of our midfielders and half-forwards - he doesn't offer that, and is at best inconsistent under puck-outs. So inside he'll go.

Playing at 14 for UCC really makes zero sense. He has never had a great eye for goals, like a lot of the Cork forwards. Huge problem JBM hasn't been able to overcome.

That's not a valid excuse that work rate is not up to it so we facilitate you inside in full forward

No no no simply no.
    If he won't work hard at half forward it's simple you start coughlan who will,who will get stuck in and will run hard and score

Coughlan can score goals too
    Troubled by a back injury he's finally clear of it

Lehane I din think will start inside as surely to christ they can see he's better outfield

They want a full forward then they should fast track Anthony spillane
    He has it all
    He needs time but proper coaching he could do an Austin glesson, Walter walsh and Brian cocranan, rock, Joe kavanagh at just 19

Colm Spillane was going to be tried as a forward but he's injured again with knee trouble likely to be recovering til January
    Terrific player but unlucky with injury
    Unlikely he'd feature in Waterford Crystal cup

Cahalane must start at full back with dennehy getting game time in the Waterford crystals if hes there

Morrisey seven is some player cork u15 this year I think

Ag have to readjust the team slightly but with o grady doing the stats surely he will tell them what they need to do

That should be a good game any one at it can they post a link

I don't think Templemore were that strong this year, they were very young but next year they should be good. I think they would have said that themselves. Their 2 main clubs that they pull from, Loughmore & Templemore were only in the B in minor. They have a few good hurlers from Drom who had a very strong minor team this year though. Midleton beat them by a point in the Dean Ryan final is all & I don't think they hurled anywhere near their potential from what I heard (maybe they weren't let). Thurles lost in extra time to Templemore & were missing a very good hurler from my own club who was recovering from a broken collar bone. Another 2 weeks & he might have played i'd say.

Midleton seem to be Cork's biggest hope this year by the sounds of it. Ard Scoil are still the team everyone will be looking to avoid.
    Brian mcgrath will be sensational I mark my word's
    Playing harty also

So too will ryan, o shea and fair brother for our lady's
    There a superb team and we'll coached
    If they play midelton ten times both could win five each

Nothing between them
    They will be very strong at harty cup next year
    Mcgrath at just young age is going to be unreal he's better than noel at that age

What reading and appreciation of the game so young.

Brian mcgrath will be sensational I mark my word's
    Playing harty also

So too will ryan, o shea and fair brother for our lady's
    There a superb team and we'll coached
    If they play midelton ten times both could win five each

Nothing between them
    They will be very strong at harty cup next year
    Mcgrath at just young age is going to be unreal he's better than noel at that age

What reading and appreciation of the game so young.

Brian McGrath is excellent, but I don't really want to go comparing him to Noel as that might not be fair on him at his age. He is very young yet but I will say Noel was one of the best underage talents I have ever seen.

I am surprised you haven't mentioned Stephan Nolan in any report from the Dean Ryan final ttm. He would be seen as the best of them all at that age group. Scored 2.5 from play in the semi & was the standout player I was told that day. That is one of the reasons I think they under performed in the final.

• Advertisement

Brian McGrath is excellent, but I don't really want to go comparing him to Noel as that might not be fair on him at his age. He is very young yet but I will say Noel was one of the best underage talents I have ever seen.

I am surprised you haven't mentioned Stephan Nolan in any report from the Dean Ryan final ttm. He would be seen as the best of them all at that age group. Scored 2.5 from play in the semi & was the standout player I was told that day. That is one of the reasons I think they under performed in the final.
    Yeah I mentioned him in the preview he's outstanding player

It just did not happen for him on the day to hes usual standard but he still worked hard etc and was good but he was held in the second half
    But it was poor condition ground also

I don't say players played bad that age as it's still very young age
    At senior I'm more ruthless in annalise

Nolan is a fine player and will be very good next year

He was up against a titanic half back line in meara,mcdonnell and conville not many get better them

Ryan looks good the half back who plays full in the harty

Midelton 1-10 to 12

Team same as semifinal

Ross walsh
    Adam daly
    Sean o leary Hayes
    Ed leahy
    Sean o meara
    Jack mcdonnell
    Rysn kenneally
    Daire Crotty captain
    Brendan twomey
    Padraig o brien
    Andy leahy
    Charlie terry
    Chris power
    Chris keegan
    Liam gosnell

Liam o shea like I said done great job as sub in preview

This games would been classic bit for heavy rain last few days
    It panned out how I thought and immense Credit management getting subs spot on match up right match up pretty much as my preview turned out as I thought
    As photos zetecescort showed from twitter ground you can see photo is wet

It ten times worse photo

Ross walsh varied puck outs well solid under high ball, fine game
    Ed leahy was given tough game by majestic fair brother from play
    I said he was class tipp hurler
    He is brilliant but leahy grew I'n to game had brilliant game held him four play as good anyone done
    Leahy had brilliant game against brilliant opponent.

Sean o leary Hayes made awesome catches clearance back

Adam daly tidy efficient composesd
    Sean o meara had great game, mcdonnell brilliant centre back play exhibitions of centre back play and Nolan a fine player was held by awesome mcconville
    Mcconville fine game
    Twomey had a great shift tired conditions so replaced but had a terrific game.

Crotty so strong helped defence second half against wind like seventh defender
    Captain led by example great leadership

Not day for forwards but o brien and and terry put in great hour winning dirty ball and helping midfield
    Terry two brilliant points

Andy leahy didn't score but awesome game against wonderful Brian mcgrath who done all could team,and mcgrath hurled some amount ball but leahy limited he's influence, won ball and broke ball, chased everything an epic epic like I said it would be battle between two hurlers superb future

Mcgrath is class

Chris power not starter start year but today did, great old style goal ist time pull at crucial time as our lady's got two points lead and midelton needed to go ahead huge wind ist half once got goal never went behind or level they held on
    That early goal huge significance
    One huge point also

Keegan won lot ball and only cadell brilliant save had goal
    Liam gosnell what a game impressive from frees, accurate and two from play chased and harried every ball and created so much

They never panicked and huge huge win
    Mcgrath, Nolan, morrisey both Ryans,brilliant Fairbrother and o shea at midfield superb games
    Shame hadn't dry ground as would bwen classic

Our lady's well coached nothing at all between teams and teams could meet ten times both win five
    Midelton deserves win

Two in row, and next year just four games stand between them and only second ever team with Colmans for three in row dean's
    That's for another day but next batch rice winners this year etc coming up they have every chance and few this panel eligible next year

Wonderful day cork hurling and credit to them and indeed our lady's for brilliant games does this historic magnificent competition justice.

Thank you to both teams

Well done midelton

16 hurlers, 16 warriors and 16 heroes with all panel members also deserving huge credit also and tim collins and alwuyn kearney take a bow wonderful coaches.
    What day for the school and cork hurling
    Let's every cork man woman child east west south, North, city etc unite and celebrate wonderful day for cork hurling and immense Credit to midelton.

Amazing breathtaking brilliant I'm lost for words to magnify wonderful win today from midelton.

Two key losses imo also regards underage that people have forget In cork hurling

Cunningham Is a loss not just in not being with senior team etc but he's gone from u15 but not just that he was like a peefromancs director in a way as he has group coaches young like noel furlong carrigtwohill and Declan Fitzgerald Buttevant Ul from fresher team that he tutoring among others
    Fitzgerald has expierence but you can always learn guys like ger blue etc
    Great coaching always continue to learn, they do evolution not stationery in their progress.

Furlong will still learn from role at ucc but ger loss Is huge to cork underage and remember minors had u17 for ist time under guidance so landers if leaves he's is a huge loss so huge positions to be filled in cork hurling imo.

Landers goes huge void to fill

I'd put Fitzgerald in their.
    He will learn from ger cunningham Ul laois top coach, if ger has him he must rate him
    Also was limerick minors coach 2005 all ireland final, had U21 in2007 also and was with drom inch this year and from Being very poor last year ran champions sarsfields to three points with fourteen men
    He would seen Brian lohan,Eoin brislane etc coach at ul and Is teaching Castletroy College so knows limerick seen well what strengths are
    Worked at U21 limerick with current games manager limerick noel hartigan so he would know limerick scene well and its not bad thing seen as we meet next year and will imo will meet in the semi final.

Would worked with Castletroy school harty etc down years got them to harty cup Quater Final recently so has minor, u21, college and school expierence.
    Ticks boxes for me while landers huge loss he Is best to come in worked with cork U16share these guys in 2013 as selector in he familiar with cahill, looney, Darragh o brien, dunne, halloran, hennessey,smith, kingston, tim. O mahony etc

If pat mulchay wasn't available then I'd get Fitzgerald.
    He's good coach and from what I hear good feedback.
    Denis ring would be well aware of him having played under ring in harty cup at minor winning team at Colmans
    In fact coach of limerick minors beaten by cork 2005 munster final to cork coached by ring.
    He was part cork u 15 victouros set up with landers this year
    Young but expierenceed.

I did mention Nolan in match report after dean ryan cross kid

• Registered Users Posts: 31 goalmouth

seventh7 wrote: »
    Gunning and O' Callaghan in the backline are the foundation of this side the Half backs walsh from Na Parsaigh and O' Donavan from the glen are pacey and tenacious, The midfield with the impecable Liam Coughlan and workman like Eoin O'Leary is mobile and combatative. Up front is where the A

Ag will win this handy tonight would like to see them in a final with Middleton , I heard last week that Shane Walsh had two broken fingers so their job has been made easier
    Tonight should be a nice run out for ag ahead of there match against doon next week

goalmouth wrote: »
    Ag will win this handy tonight would like to see them in a final with Middleton , I heard last week that Shane Walsh had two broken fingers so their job has been made easier
    Tonight should be a nice run out for ag ahead of there match against doon next week
    You going Saturday goal mouth???

• Registered Users Posts: 31 goalmouth

You going Saturday goal mouth???

No I will be in Manchester for the match against hull

No I will be in Manchester for the match against hull

Ah man fair play man utd fan
    Knew you had a winning Mentailtly by your posts
    Enjoy it kid

Doon won great results for Ag mhuire and colmans

Yes doon and Castletroy will go all out to win the crucial two cup finals but they always had to beat the best anyway but now it's very much in their own hands

Wasn't at the game but I said Castletroy were not unbeatable and in fact quite beatable.
    The harty cup is very competitive and nothing between the teams bar ard scoil possibly.
    Castletroy are limited once you hold Nash and Cosgrave
    Doon according to twitter Barry Murphy got ten out of 15 points
    Hold him and ryan Ag can win

Match ups are crucial though in the match.

Colmans have inexperienced team v Castletroy so they have huge ask but still have a chance

Ag mhuire can certainly beat doon.
    Great results cork wise despite the nonense it was better Castletroy won it's better as said in the harty cup thread.
    Incorrect,some clearly have no idea what there talking about.

Great results for Ag and colmans in two cup finals v Castletroy and doon win them there through

Colmans a draw v Castletroy their through as if it goes to head to head there equal and the huge win 5-11 to six v dls gives them huge scoring difference better than Castletroy
    If other game is draw

Must win for Castletroy now

If all two games draw its point difference I think separates them then Ag and colmans go through
    I didn't add up properly just in my head but I think I'm right
    Castletroy and doon scoring difference Is inferior to cork teams.

I'll do it later properly If time

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Rebel norrie

Shane Walsh will be playing tonight. Had cork minor football trial last Sunday.

Shane Walsh will be playing tonight. Had cork minor football trial last Sunday.

Unlucky he didn't make hurling may down line

Terrific hurler I think he's good at football but there's better players available imo

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement